This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2012

1101112131416»

Comments

• The AA was just as good as last year from the attendee perspective (in my opinion), was was the dealer's room. The Bemani arcade was awesome, but only if you wanted to get sweaty. ;^)
  • We really should do an 18+ "Story time with Uncle Yo and Friends" next year.
    Why would it need to be 18+? I just don't have any raunchy stories to tell.
    If I'm involved, then yes.

• edited July 2012
    Also, that complaint about "mass-produced Amazon stuff?" The same complaint was made last year, and the year before. ^_~
    Silly complaints at a geek event? I could say something lengthy about it, but it summarizes neatly down into "something something something death and taxes."

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2012
    Also, that complaint about "mass-produced Amazon stuff?" The same complaint was made last year, and the year before. ^_~
    I'd actually say I saw things there I haven't seen before, stuff I considered buying (for the first time, really).
    However, the artist's labyrinth was a bit too disorganized.
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Also, that complaint about "mass-produced Amazon stuff?" The same complaint was made last year, and the year before. ^_~
    well yes... that has always been one of my chief complaints about ALL dealers rooms. It's not just CTcon.

• If you judge by the Connecticon forums, it sounds like everyone had a horrible time and is never coming back.

I hope they don't change the Artist Colony too much, I quite liked it. I think it would suck if it was all bunched up in an out-of-the-way room that you had to go and seek out. We saw TONS of traffic with LOTS of visitors. I just need to tweak my selection and price points.

It sounds like a lot of butthurt from people who didn't sell, possibly on the merits of their work, and people who didn't get in.

Somebody complained about listening to atonal people play Rock Band all day. I mean, c'mon, that's just petty. My boothmates and I were thoroughly entertained by the karaoke. Good or terrible, it was equally entertaining.

Maybe they should shorten the arcade, it seemed to have a lot of dead space, and move the bag check elsewhere, then sandwich the AC between the dealer room and the arcade. Make it more like the webcomics area with two or more sets of facing rows. Or maybe the arcade could be along the walls and the AC could be in the middle, although that might make security for the console controllers tough I guess.
  • Look what I found: