This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• I logged in this morning and a bunch of my transport pipes were missing. I dunno if somebody vandalized my skunkworks or if Enderman rearranged the plumbing on me. :-)

Most likely the latter. Maybe we should shut off Endermen. :P
  • I'm looking into breeder reactors due to the resource savings. 1 refined uranium surrounded by 8 cells gives 8 depleted cells which can be turned into 8 restored cells in the breeder and then to 8 new fuel cells with coal dust.

Downside: Breeders work fastest when hot.
    Where do you guys find this stuff? On the Tekkit Wiki?

• Can I please be whitelisted?

My user name is mageos
  • edited July 2012
    I'll do it right now, just give me a minute or two after I post this. :)

I guess Endermen add some challenge to automation and building.. it's fun debugging, I admit.

Who's midgardsormr? Is he an FRCF-er?
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Can you add this to the server welcome message. It points to the whitelist but I'm adding a few other links to help with getting started.
    http://goo.gl/KLVXC
  • Can I get added to the whitelist? I'd like to check this out. My username is Midgardsormr.
  • Also, would people make sure not to try the Thaumcraft stuff before they understand the extreme dangers of taint contamination, as it will spread out of control if you don't deal with it properly.
  • You can whitelist me (Axelofthekey) and I will possibly join sometime next week after I'm done with camp. Or maybe sometime this week during camp. We'll see.
  • Can I get added to the whitelist? I'd like to check this out. My username is Midgardsormr.
    Oops missed it :)
  • Could I be added as well? And what's the server address; I must have missed it.
  • edited July 2012
    Could I be added as well? And what's the server address; I must have missed it.
    Is Sonic your minecraft name, too?

ETA: sonicdh is in there already
    Post edited by muppet on
  • edited July 2012
    Christ... that's a lot of mods it's askin for.
    EDIT: nevermind. I iz teh stupes.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Okay, I must be really stupid. I downloaded the technic client and I still cant connect. It's asking for half a dozen more mods.

Is there an easy way to get going with this?
  • Okay, I must be really stupid. I downloaded the technic client and I still cant connect. It's asking for half a dozen more mods.

Is there an easy way to get going with this?
    Install Minecraft
    Install Technic Launcher
    Select TEKKIT on the login screen
    Go to options and choose the right version
    Login
    Type in IP of server
    Click connect

Then it "just works".
  • edited July 2012
    Whitelist sajattack please. I put it on the google doc yesterday, guess that's not actually being used.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Sorry Pegu, I haven't checked it for awhile. I'll add you in a minute.

We have 8 players on right now and RAM is already maxed...
  • I can't seem to place lava...
  • The reactor and its ice plant are self-sustaining and producing more ice blocks than are consumed. The only element of the system that isn't fueled by the reactor itself is the snowball plant; I'm working on laying the EHV cable to the surface tomorrow.

Soon, we shall run a 8x9 uranium block. Tremble, mortals.
  • Can't wait to see how it looks if it melts down.
  • Can someone add me? ID is shadoworc01.
  • edited July 2012
    Can't wait to see how it looks if it melts down.
    Happened once already. The containment cell is my masterpiece; I was five blocks away from the core crafting some coolant and the blast doors were open. I didn't realize that a meltdown had occurred until 10 minutes later when I went to add more coolant and the core was gone.

Total workshop damage? 5 blocks of reinforced stone, all inside the cell.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Damn, I was hoping for some chernobyl level damage. Trees dying instantly in the nearby area, the area being uninhabitable for a month, maybe even rising pigmen. What a bummer.
  • I fixed the lava bucket issue. Please don't destroy the world. :-)

Free auto-replenishing Fried Chicken on the west(ish) side of my tree farm. Look for the Golden Arches.. ;-)

No seriously, look for them.
  • I fixed the lava bucket issue. Please don't destroy the world. :-)
    Thank youuuu <3
  • edited July 2012
    FRC Minecraft Day 1: Holy shit there's no trees around, go over to the snow area to make Ice Palace. Got distracted by wolf. Tried to befriend wolf. Hear hissing sound. Start running. Fucking zombies everywhere. OH FUCK SKELETON ARCHERS. Died. Logged off.

I'll try again later today.

Also I realize that I have a harder time starting out in multiplayer because I get distracted by all the shit people built around me.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited July 2012
    Somebody stole my oil falls from the center of my tree grove... :P

And somebody else dammed the waterfall outside my front door in order to tunnel under it... I'm guessing the railroad project. :)

My quarries are chewing up huge chunks of the landscape and returning very little for the trouble. I picked a bad spot to mine apparently, which is rough because I've built a complicated sorting/smelting machine that I don't want to give up.. :P
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Can't you just move your complicated machine?
  • I could clone the whole thing, I guess... but it's the size of a house. :-)
  • I could clone the whole thing, I guess... but it's the size of a house. :-)
    You can't just grab all the blocks and put them somewhere else? It will take some time to reorganize them int he same configuration, but it will take a lot less time than making all the pieces again.