This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• I could clone the whole thing, I guess... but it's the size of a house. :-)
    You can't just grab all the blocks and put them somewhere else? It will take some time to reorganize them int he same configuration, but it will take a lot less time than making all the pieces again.
    I think it'd be a job for a weekend, but yes could be done.

• Also I realize that I have a harder time starting out in multiplayer because I get distracted by all the shit people built around me.
    That's one of the reasons why I will probably be just a tourist in the server. Other reason is that I'm overwhelmed with basic Minecraft's put blocks on top of blocks part, adding complicated machines and stuff doesn't make creativity easier.

• edited July 2012
    When it comes to Minecraft I usually just handle it as virtual Legos so I can get my childhood building Lego buildings fix. I've yet to delve into the nuances of Minecraft too much.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Also I realize that I have a harder time starting out in multiplayer because I get distracted by all the shit people built around me.
    That's one of the reasons why I will probably be just a tourist in the server. Other reason is that I'm overwhelmed with basic Minecraft's put blocks on top of blocks part, adding complicated machines and stuff doesn't make creativity easier.

I agree. I'm thinking I will be a primitivist and only use Vanilla Minecraft bits.
  • I'm going to build a cave in the side of the mountain and be that crazy hermit in the woods.
  • I'm a Minecraft primitivist just because I can't wrap my head around any of the other stuff.
  • I'm a Minecraft primitivist just because I can't wrap my head around any of the other stuff.
    There are YouTube videos that explain things pretty well, actually. They take you step by step showing them building the goods from scratch.
  • I was thinking that because I build a water temple/altar/somethinglikethat on the last server, I could follow the theme and build some kind of sun temple. In a world where night brings out horrors and terrors little bit of sun worship feels reasonable and suitable.
  • I have all these HV solar arrays, but they're more or less impossible to build without spawning unless all you do is play Minecraft. One HV array requires over 6k rubber.
  • I have all these HV solar arrays, but they're more or less impossible to build without spawning unless all you do is play Minecraft. One HV array requires over 6k rubber.
    The more I play Tekkit, the more it seems that to get the good stuff, you really need to be able to build complicated machines to automate the making and gathering of stuff. You can build a machine that turns everything from a quarry or mass fabricator into EMC, and then that into Sticky Resin, and then Compresses all the resin into rubber, and dumps it into a chest, then it takes the copper you dumped in from your copper production, iron, etc. and CRAFTS the solar arrays itself.
  • Yeah, the IC2 stuff is definitely about building infrastructure, or playing in Creative Mode.
  • Is something wrong with the oil? image
  • This is a much bigger problem when you have several people on a server and don't want the whole world to be one mass of holes.

If we reset the server at any time, I'd like to try seeing how well we could work as a group to build items without spawning anything.
  • Yeah, quarries are getting pretty bad. We should consider a moratorium.
  • I'd consider it a good idea to build them underground, that way you can't see them and are less likely to go crazy with the size. You will also get more ore faster as you can start closer to bedrock.
  • edited July 2012
    The server started out pretty honeycombed.

I agree that quarries have wrecked up the place. I know a lot of people have built some impressive stuff but I'd almost like to vote for a reset just to clear the landscape up...

Underground quarries sound good, but will have to be pretty deep to avoid messing with the subway, unless you want to bring it above ground... :-)

I'm on the fence about spawning items. I wouldn't spawn my whole house again (I was experimenting with Tekkit) but I think having some "municipal" infrastructure in place would be nice.

Maybe we need zoning? LOL
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I don't want to fuck up all my reactor work. But, building a new reactor would be pretty easy for me, now that I know the basics.
  • edited July 2012
    I'm all for working as a group to make stuff without spawning, but if we do that, nobody can spawn anything I would say.

If it helps, we could do it like we are a group of scientists, mages, and architects, out to strike the earth and create something amazing. We have to set up everything ourselves, even the municipal stuff, but we can all do it as a community. It would definitely feel epic as hell to make everything from the ground up.

If you have stuff in your house, no-one should mess with it, but there should also be a big community area with everyones shared stuffs.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • I know vaguely and pkerr have been busting their butts, so I want their votes on resetting. apreche too.
  • I know vaguely and pkerr have been busting their butts, so I want their votes on resetting. apreche too.
    Yeah, I was about to add, I don't think everyone wants a reset. We can just move to a different area with little issue I would say, and we can even move spawn if necessary.

I think at some point in the future we should think about doing a reset and starting with no spawned items, etc. For now, I think we should roll with what we have.
  • Okay, so me and WUB were discussing it with the people on the server.

No quarry usage above level 30 underground. It's making a mess of the landscape. The only time you can quarry above ground is when you quarry into the ocean.
  • Okay, so me and WUB were discussing it with the people on the server.

No quarry usage above level 30 underground. It's making a mess of the landscape. The only time you can quarry above ground is when you quarry into the ocean.
    Sounds good to me. I guess I need a jetpack..
  • I didn't know people were spawning items.
    I'll abide by the quarry rule. Not like I was anywhere near one anyways.
  • Yeah, it's bullshit if you people are spawning all kinds of items while I'm digging.

Also, why are we all building separate stuff. Let's co-op!
  • edited July 2012
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • please don't reboot. i've been playing 99% legit & it's been really difficult. I've finally gotten in a place where i'm happy w/ what i'm doing. plus, i really like my jungle. minecraft maps are HUGE anyway, so let's play this like real life -- fix our messes, colonize the world!
  • Lets not restart the server at all. Ive been working hard on making some beautiful architecture legit. I am very happy in my frozen northern territory.

I've found that the game loses its entertainment value really fast when you spawn stuff and don't have to work for anything.
  • Looks good. If you have the ram to spare could you white list the name destrucci
  • Yeah, resetting is bullshit. I spent some time building my crappy castle, and you just knock it down?

I got a better idea. Anyone who cheated and just spawned blocks, you should be honorable and voluntarily destroy all your shit and throw your blocks into lava and start over.

TL;DR: If you cheated, commit seppuku.
  • Yeah, resetting is bullshit. I spent some time building my crappy castle, and you just knock it down?

I got a better idea. Anyone who cheated and just spawned blocks, you should be honorable and voluntarily destroy all your shit and throw your blocks into lava and start over.

TL;DR: If you cheated, commit seppuku.
    I wasn't cheating so much as learning Tekkit so that I could op properly, but yeah. :P

:)

I've never played any Minecraft but the XBOX version, I wanted to be not totally lost. I guess I could have played in SP but then I'd have missed out on the chat.