This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Read about this, sadly. A dark secret from a female PAX enforcer

Comments

• I bet we all know a guy who relentlessly won't take "no" for an answer. It's part of "the game," right?
    I don't. I literally, seriously, don't know anyone like that. And if I did, they'd get quite a bit of grief from me on a regular basis.

Just a note, I know at least 5 people off hand that wore down the opposition. In most of those cases they are now happily married (other then my sister who is now getting divorced). Sooooooo.... Sometimes not taking No for the answer is a good plan long term, just when it comes to "Have sex with me right now" they better take no for an answer.

Yep, the problem with these accounts is that there is a HUGE, YAWNING berth for interpretation. "Not taking no for an answer" can be a delightful romantic comedy that you take a first date to or it can be a scary fucking crime scene.
  • edited October 2012

I bet we all know a guy who relentlessly won't take "no" for an answer. It's part of "the game," right?
    I don't. I literally, seriously, don't know anyone like that. And if I did, they'd get quite a bit of grief from me on a regular basis.

Just a note, I know at least 5 people off hand that wore down the opposition. In most of those cases they are now happily married (other then my sister who is now getting divorced). Sooooooo.... Sometimes not taking No for the answer is a good plan long term, just when it comes to "Have sex with me right now" they better take no for an answer.

Are you trying to tell us that you are only married because your wife wouldn't take no for an answer? It's okay, you can tell us. The Internet is a safe place.

Post edited by SquadronROE on

• I bet we all know a guy who relentlessly won't take "no" for an answer. It's part of "the game," right?

Are you trying to tell us that you are only married because your wife wouldn't take no for an answer? It's okay, you can tell us. The Internet is a safe place.

It's true. :p

• It's not safe enough for that story :-p
  • Ugh you've got it all wrong (as usual)! Nobody was saying you should be ashamed! YOU were the one whining about that! YOU inferred that for yourself. During your whining you were implying that women are wrong for being afraid all of the time of potentially being raped/attacked. THAT is why I got so angry at you! That you would imply women are wrong for trying to be safe, that women are sexist for erring on the side of caution around unknown men, that since most men aren't bad we shouldn't worry about it. You were trying to fight all of the statistics by saying rape doesn't happen as much as we think it does. Your arguments were very insulting towards women and all victims of rape/crime.

Seriously, just stop it. Again, NOBODY IS SAYING YOU SHOULD FEEL LIKE A JERK. YOU inferred that for yourself. I am saying you should stop assuming women are sexist and wrong for being afraid!!! I was explaining the actions I take to make myself feel safer in sketchy situations, to try to give perspective of why women may act weird when you come across them. For the third fucking time, you do NOT have to feel like a jerk/rapist/whatever, just UNDERSTAND why women are afraid. Jesus, I don't know the last time I got this mad at stupidness over the internet, congratulations.
    You sexist dickbag. Only women and victims of rape/crime are being insulted by muppet's comments? Get fucking real. As a man who has not yet been raped or crimed upon I feel insulted that you think his 'arguments' are not insulting to men. His very core might even be an insult to humanity as a whole, and think about all the other poor animals who can't defend themselves on equal footing against this monstrosity!
  • edited October 2012
    this thread:
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • Can we go back to the discussion I wanted to have which is Vulcans and Humans would have a lot of trouble dealing with each other romantically...
  • [lame flammenwerfer]
    Are you new here? That pussy ass shit ain't fit for this place, return once you stock up on some artillery.
  • Can we go back to the discussion I wanted to have which is Vulcans and Humans would have a lot of trouble dealing with each other romantically...
    You know who the real romantically disabled are? Emotionally sensitive KLINGONS. Why aren't you caring about how sensitive Klingons are ignored by your space communism?

I've been waiting for people to talk to be the whole time! Hell I talk about anything!

Well it must have worked at least once. There are some people that are uber logical so it doesn't seem to big a leap.

I'm pretty sure the Vulcan's complete disinterest in sex would doom most romantic relationships.

I'm pretty sure the Vulcan's complete disinterest in sex would doom most romantic relationships.

There are LOTS of sexless romantic relationships.
  • How was Spock born?
  • edited October 2012
    Can we go back to the discussion I wanted to have which is Vulcans and Humans would have a lot of trouble dealing with each other romantically...

There are LOTS of sexless romantic relationships.
    I said most, not all.
    How was Spock born?
    I imagine some form of assisted fertilization was used. The chances of his fathers one week of sex drive per 7 years overlapping with his moms cycle ain't great.

Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • C-section obbs. Head shape is all wrong.
  • Oh god, the ears! so pointy... :-p
  • What with the the bigger head as well.
  • Vulcans are grown. From seeds.
  • "The female Vulcan can be impregnated after her menstrual cycle begins, which is typically at the age of 16, and can be as late as 25. The male Vulcan is incapable of creating progeny until after the onset of their first pon farr, during which a hormone known as yamareen is released into the bloodstream. Thereafter, the Vulcan male is capable of reproducing at any time, but they must obey the physical urge to mate every seven years. This, in comparison with the reproductive ability of other species with which they can mate, gives credence to the theory that Humans, Vulcans, and Klingons are from a common ancestor seeded by the Preservers. (Last Unicorn RPG module: The Way of Kolinahr: The Vulcans) Most Vulcan males experience pon farr for the first time at the age of twenty, and in seven-year cycles following that, but amongst hybrids, their biological differences mean that it can come at more uncertain times. (TOS novel: Vulcan's Glory) Vulcans are capable of producing offspring with humans, but only through the use of medical intervention. A human female needs to receive large doses of hormones and Vulcan vitamins before conception in order to prepare her body for the fetus, which takes 10 months to mature. (TOS novel: Sarek, ENT episode: "Terra Prime")

lol....I enjoy that this paragraph references RPG modules...
  • Um, Spock's mom is human. So does that mean they tried really hard to have a baby?
  • they must obey the physical urge to mate every seven years.
    Oh dear god. That's horrifying. Don't Vulcans live long? That means they'll be wrinkly and old for a loooong time. And they have to fuck.
  • edited October 2012
    they must obey the physical urge to mate every seven years.
    Oh dear god. That's horrifying. Don't Vulcans live long? That means they'll be wrinkly and old for a loooong time. And they have to fuck.
    I hate to break it to you, but old wrinkly humans fuck a lot.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited October 2012
    they must obey the physical urge to mate every seven years.
    I hate to break it to you, but old wrinkly humans fuck a lot.
    But not because it's mandatory. It's because of love. Vulcans would approximate something like the following:
    Only wrinklier.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Ayo, fuck rape apologists.
  • Read page six. Skipped 7 assuming it was just more flamewar. Now we're talking about Vulcan mating processes. I now approve of this thread.
  • Fuck Ponfarr apologists, too.
  • Yea the Worf and Dax sex aftermath scenes are pretty awesomely funny.
  • Wow, three unread pages. I am not going to bother with this. Here is my input: