This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Read about this, sadly. A dark secret from a female PAX enforcer

Comments

• Yea the Worf and Dax sex aftermath scenes are pretty awesomely funny.
    I never really liked the Worf/Dax relationship. Am I the only one?
  • Yea the Worf and Dax sex aftermath scenes are pretty awesomely funny.
    I never really liked the Worf/Dax relationship. Am I the only one?
    I thought it felt kind of forced, but to be fair in terms of plot depth it was the same or better quality as any other writing on that show.
  • You liked Worf/Troy better?
  • You know what? No. No I don't. I don't think I liked any of Worf's on-screen relationships, but that's just me.
  • To be fair about the quality of DS9, it was probably the single best written and most comprehensively fleshed out of any Star Trek series. The politics, factions, players, personalities, were all pretty well developed.

Personally I think I liked Voyager better mostly based on aesthetics like the looks of the sets, costumes, unusual plots...
  • Data's relationship with Tasha was clearly the best Star Trek romance.

Or Riker's relationship with himself.

• Personally I think I liked Voyager better mostly based on aesthetics like the looks of the sets, costumes, unusual plots...
    Seven of Nine was the two best reasons to watch Voyager...
  • Riker's relationship with his beard.

• Personally I think I liked Voyager better mostly based on aesthetics like the looks of the sets, costumes, unusual plots...
    Seven of Nine was the two best reasons to watch Voyager...
    I can honestly say that not even teenage me was overly moved by overly endowed blondes. They're just not my thing.

Now, Troi I had a serious crush on.
  • edited October 2012
    I like the Worf/Borg relationship

Post edited by VichusSmith on
  • I thought Ezri Dax was hot.
  • My favorite(?) Star Trek relationship was Tom Paris and B'elanna, though I have no idea why.

Also, DS9 is my favorite Star Trek.
  • edited October 2012
    Ezri Dax was cute. Jadzia Dax was hot.
    And hell yes Tom and B'elanna. B'elanna was HOT.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2012
    B'elanna was HOT.
    For a half-Klingon, I guess. Was she the only "hispanic" character in the entire Star Trek franchise?

Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Ezri Dax was cute. Jadzia Dax was hot.
    Different strokes. I personally find Ezri extremely physically attractive, much more than Jadzia.
  • B'elanna was HOT.
    For a half-Klingon, I guess. Was she the only "hispanic" character in the entire Star Trek franchise?
    I don't think so. Pretty sure a few of the Maquis were hispanic.
    I want to see slashfics of Riker's beard. Not Riker, just his beard.
    Riker's Beard/Picard's Hair
  • I'd just like to say that after skipped roughly 250 posts in this thread, I highly approve of where the convo has wound up.
  • Yes! I sigh a hearty sigh of relief at Next Generation funniness and Pon farr.
  • edited October 2012
    Pretty sure a few of the Maquis were hispanic.
    I'm sure there were plenty of Hispanic backdrop characters, but were there any other Hispanics that were main/recurring characters?
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • It's pretty much Torres, and Chakotay from Voyager was only played by a Hispanic actor.
  • I actually didn't know that. Chakotay is Native American, right?
  • The character is, yes.
    Riker's Beard/Picard's Hair
    I would watch a sitcom of the two of them dealing with the japes that their respective owners get them into.
  • Do you think that rape would still be a problem in Star Trek? It doesn't seem like the women in Star Trek feared being raped.
  • I think the Federation's 1984 style use of internal sensors has probably eliminated it, if their extensive indoctrination hasn't.
  • Do you think that rape would still be a problem in Star Trek? It doesn't seem like the women in Star Trek feared being raped.

really?

Anyway, assuming you're not just taking the piss here, Tasha Yar's entire backstory was rape and awfulness. Deanna Troi was mind-raped by I think at least 3 different aliens at 3 different times? Possibly once physically? Didn't she also conceive an alien baby after a "Holy Spirit"-like incident?

Star Trek had rape all over the place.

really?

Anyway, assuming you're not just taking the piss here, Tasha Yar's entire backstory was rape and awfulness. Deanna Troi was mind-raped by I think at least 3 different aliens at 3 different times? Possibly once physically? Didn't she also conceive an alien baby after a "Holy Spirit"-like incident?

Star Trek had rape all over the place.
    Hey, I'm trying to keep us on topic here. Also I want to see how deep I can get this rabbit hole.