This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• Anyone have the Xwing miniatures game, or interest in playing it? I could bring my ships and cards in either case.
    X-wing is super popular in Boston right now so I imagine there will be many people playing it at PAX
  • edited March 2013
    For those curious about the game, friend and I have spent a combined total of $150 now, and there is pretty much no other way we could drop another dime on this game unless we really felt we needed to field a squad with 3 or 4 copies of a specific ship (other than stock TIE or X-Wing).

Full selection of Rebel and Imperial ships with enough duplicates to tinker with your squad and be competitive. No new products coming until end of the year at the earliest. This is like the anti-Games Workshop game.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • If I wasn't playing Netrunner, I would play X-Wing.
  • I am pretty stoked!
  • Not to derail but is X-wing any different from those Mechwarrior figures we got in college?
  • Not to derail but is X-wing any different from those Mechwarrior figures we got in college?
    Pretty sure, like Netrunner, it's not collectible. You buy all of it, and you get everything.
  • Can someone add VentureJX@gmail.com to the GroupMe?
  • Can someone add VentureJX@gmail.com to the GroupMe?
    Done.

Pretty sure, like Netrunner, it's not collectible. You buy all of it, and you get everything.
    This is correct, although having "all of it" can be a bit subjective. The tournament rules are 100 point squads, which is what I stick to. In order to get literally every possible configuration of ships (for both sides) under the 100 point cap, I can't see the total cost going over $200. Some people have posted session reports of 800point, 45-ship games though. Some people are crazy.

• edited March 2013
    There is a cat one. Also nothing but love for Fruit Fucker.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • By the way, it looks like it will be line entertainment with the staff pins. So if you want one, look out for the leis.
  • This is going to be big.
    Welcome to last PAX when they started it with the Merch pin.
  • Also LE has had unofficial pins for a while - I have a full set of PAX East theatre pins.
  • I only want the Gabe & Tycho, so I will probably buy them to stick in my cubicle wall.
  • I am anti-pin! No pins for me! I collect PAX Badges. Anyone here have more than me?
  • Some of us don't have time to get your PAX badges, what with our Enforcing and all.
  • I try not to collect anything these days. Just takes up space.
  • I still have some left-over buttons from Prime. I'm not really drawn to such things generally.
  • Some of us don't have time to get your PAX badges, what with our Enforcing and all.
    You got an [E] badge. That's one right there.
  • So PAX is now Disneyland.
    But better.
  • I has the badge.
    So I'm not the only one who thought of E-tickets when Scott said that. Okay, good.
  • edited March 2013
    What the hell, I guess I'm gonna pin it up at PAX AUS, then. A few more to add to my collection. Pin-badges and regular Badges too. Plus, I'll probably have a small stock of my "The Doctor" badges.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Might just get a pin or two to commemorate my first PAX and/or spice up my jacket. I couldn't see myself trading them.
  • I don't know about trading. I'll consider it.
    So I'm not the only one who thought of E-tickets when Scott said that. Okay, good.
    That and the pin trading.
  • Speaking of pins, I just received this today in the mail.

Best pin. Ultra rare, like the cocoa bean.
  • That's gotta be ultra rare. Who would work in one place for ten years?