This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pax East 2013

Comments

• Limited on space because I'm only bringing my go-bag, but here's what I'll probably have:

Netrunner
    CaH (w/ First Expansion)
    Hive Carbon

Thinking about bringing Bananagrams or a dice-based game. Cthulhu Dice or King of Tokyo?
    King of Tokyo.
  • A new challenger appears: got a big box from Ravensburger with their 2013 releases for review (minus Bora Bora later this year). Excited to crack open Saint Malo, a euro game played out on whiteboards from the designer duo behind the reigning kennerspiel des jahres winner, Village.
  • I'd bring Engage, but the box is almost twice as big as Eclipse. Definitely bringing Zendo, though. And my Mafia skillz.
  • Someone seriously needs to bring a copy of The Resistance or Avalon, or just buy one while you're there, so you guys can move on from Mafia.
  • The Resistance is a different kind of game.

Mafia is a fairly pure game. That doesn't make it a good game, but it makes it an interesting game to watch people play.
  • Rym, didn't you make up rules for Stink Bean Mafia?
  • Rym, didn't you make up rules for Stink Bean Mafia?
    Yes, but I've been too busy to compile them into a publishable version. Haven't done playtesting yet either.

I can bring the mockup cards with the proportions at least. ;^)
  • Games bringing:

Spot it.

'S all I got. :/
  • Games bringing:

Ridiculous Fishing
    Spaceteam
    Super Hexagon
    Letterpress
  • Who the hell is bringing the backgammon board?
  • Fuck yeah spaceteam
    Constantine. Additional copies would be appreciated, though.
  • Games bringing:

Spot it.

'S all I got. :/
    Nothing else is needed. Well, except tequila.

• An obvious joke appears.
    The TvH tribe.

The screen on my S4 is cracked, but it still works. Will have all the good mobile games and my DS Lite.

• Basically just gonna tote my 3DS around. If I'd remembered to bring Dominion with me to college, I woulda.
  • Just added upgrade parts boxes to my eclipse setup. Kinda hate that I'm working till Wednesday.
  • So, all other plans have fallen through, and I'm trying desperately to fix things.

Does anyone have a room where two males could sleep Friday and Saturday night? Will (Yuyuke) and I literally just need space to fall asleep for a couple of hours at PAX. Basically every other plan that doesn't involve a risk of getting picked up for vagrancy has been attempted. This is my last ditch effort before commuting Friday and Red Bulling Saturday/Sunday.
  • Enforcing Tabletop: Fri morning, Sat mid-day, Sun morning
    How did you find out? Did they email you an assignment? I haven't gotten anything yet.

• edited March 2013
    Enforcing Tabletop: Fri morning, Sat mid-day, Sun morning
    How did you find out? Did they email you an assignment? I haven't gotten anything yet.

Check your tweets. Beta schedule's up in the forum.
    Post edited by Neito on

If you follow EnforcerNews, you'd've seen the tweet. Beta schedule's up in the forum.
    I do follow it. Did not see the tweet.
  • Thus why I changed my tone. Not quick enough, apparently.
  • edited March 2013
    NOOOO. Got Tabletop 3pm shift all three days.

TEH OMEGATHON FINALS

CRYING ALL THE TEARS

(╯︵╰,)

I also have to go on shift immediately after my panels on Saturday. Weeee.

There will still be time for lots of late night and morning gaming. I guess my PAX will look something like this:

Friday: Keynote, Q&A, little bit of gaming, enforcing, gaming all night.
    Saturday: Maybe a little morning something, panels, enforcing, gaming all night.
    Sunday: Expo hall morning, gaming until my shift. Enforcing while crying man tears. Gaming all night.
    Monday: Resting and gaming all day and maybe helping tear down a little before Enforcer party.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You can try to switch with something. It happens.
  • You can try to switch with something. It happens.
    Anyone want to trade Sunday morning for Sunday afternoon?
  • I kinda feel like that is the burden you take when enforcing. Or are the other enforcers usually cool with switching sometimes?
  • edited March 2013
    You should be posting in the Enforcer forums.

At Matt, yes. There are some people who like working the night tour.

No gaming with Scott until after 9PM. Is that how the shift still goes?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I kinda feel like that is the burden you take when enforcing. Or are the other enforcers usually cool with switching sometimes?
    It's not the end of the world really. PAX Omegathon is usually more serious than PAX East anyway. I do expect text messages telling me the game immediately as it appears.

• Enforcing in the morning each day. Ah yeah. #bestshift #420blazit #gameallday