This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Images

Comments

• You can feel it too. Burns so good.
  • Dafuq is bum fog?
  • Dafuq is bum fog?
    Ever encounter a bum whose clothes are encrusted in his own fecal matter and urine (and have been so for weeks) passed out in a hot subway car with his pants down?

That smell is bum fog.

• Can we all agree while Cigars and Pipes may have a coolness about them, all forms of smoking is just bad and stupid.

You should never do it, what's the point...

If you like smells, get a perfume.
  • Nicotine feels great, and even outside of that the act of smoking is a stress reliever. Not to say anybody should smoke or that it isn't terrible for you, but there are reasons.
  • Reasons aren't excuses.
  • Can we all agree while Cigars and Pipes may have a coolness about them, all forms of smoking is just bad and stupid.

And candy makes you fat and coffee's correlated with short attention spans and facebook makes you depressed and sex causes stds and bacon causes cancer.
  • Did not know candy, coffee, or Facebook could have negative effects on people not consuming them but just happening to be near someone who is. I do not care if people smoke as they can do whatever harm to they want to their body but it is different from the others as it can harm people just by being near someone partaking in that pleasure.
  • Did not know candy, coffee, or Facebook could have negative effects on people not consuming them but just happening to be near someone who is. I do not care if people smoke as they can do whatever harm to they want to their body but it is different from the others as it can harm people just by being near someone partaking in that pleasure.
    You could argue that by having heath-related costs, they're driving up the price of insurance, which has an effect on you. :3
  • And candy makes you fat and coffee's correlated with short attention spans and facebook makes you depressed and sex causes stds and bacon causes cancer.
    That is the least of coffee's problems.
  • Huh, I don't recognise that, but I'm pretty sure it's a manhua. Tower of god?
    I'm not trying to justify it, Nancy, everybody should say no. You just gotta understand that smoking isn't an unattractive pastime for some, especially those unconcerned with killing themselves. :P
  • edited August 2013
    Reasons aren't excuses.
    I'm not trying to justify it, Nancy, everybody should say no. You just gotta understand that smoking isn't an unattractive pastime for some, especially those unconcerned with killing themselves. :P
    I'm stunned. How is that even possible? Next you'll be telling me that people are not perfectly rational agents (Even if they think themselves to be at times) and that sometimes means doing things that don't agree with the opinions or aesthetics of others who may or may not consider themselves perfectly rational Or indeed, might be against their own self-interest, but they feel like doing it anyway for some reason.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Huh, I don't recognise that, but I'm pretty sure it's a manhua. Tower of god?
    Nah, Ketchup Ninja. General plot is as follows: Ninja are banned in Japan, so a junior ninja goes to ground in a New Jersey high school.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh man that sounds SO DUMB I am all about that.

Edit: Oh yeah it's goofy as hell.

Post edited by Churba on
  • It's one of the best. I love the I HAVE A DREAM scene.

And candy makes you fat and coffee's correlated with short attention spans and facebook makes you depressed and sex causes stds and bacon causes cancer.
    Everything out of moderation can be bad for you.

Rat poison strychnine was an early performance-enhancing drug, as long as you didn't take a lethal dose.

There are no benefits to smoking.
    Reasons aren't excuses.
    Nancy?

I'm aware of the reasons people give themselves to smoke.
  • There are no benefits to smoking.
    I dunno. The narky, pretentious anti-smoking pricks tend to stop their version of the ever-the-same sanctimonious lectures and clear out whenever you light up, I think that's a pretty fucking big benefit.
  • There are no benefits to smoking.
    I dunno. The narky, pretentious anti-smoking pricks tend to stop their version of the ever-the-same sanctimonious lectures and clear out whenever you light up, I think that's a pretty fucking big benefit.
    LOL cutting the nose off to spite the face?
  • LOL cutting the nose off to spite the face?
    More like removing unwanted annoyances, like lancing a boil, or treating a wart.
  • That analogy doesn't work. However that point of view proves my point.

But I think we've gone off topic long enough.
  • That analogy doesn't work. However that point of view proves my point.
    Well of course it wouldn't, when you're the boil. One doesn't doubt that from the boil's point of view, being viciously stabbed and drained of it's fluids is hardly a positive.
  • "Why do people perform this risky act that they find psychologically pleasing? BEEP BOOP. DOES NOT COMPUTE."
    Nancy?

I'm aware of the reasons people give themselves to smoke.
    Yeah, Nancy Reagan, drugs is bad for you just say no and all of that. You're pretentious and preachy and don't understand drugs or drug users.

• LOL cutting the nose off to spite the face?
    More like removing unwanted annoyances, like lancing a boil, or treating a wart.
    The analogy doesn't work, because lancing a boil doesn't kill the host body.

@Walker Addiction is part of our nature, but we choose our addictions.

If I've failed to understand something, please enlighten me.
  • "Why do people perform this risky act that they find psychologically pleasing? BEEP BOOP. DOES NOT COMPUTE."
    This.
  • I understand that's a reason, still not an excuse.

An excuse is, "I must perform this risky act in hope that I may survive."

The risk/ reward argument for drugs doesn't look valid. Unless you're drug use is very moderate as to counter the risks.

Everything out of moderation can be bad for you.

Rat poison strychnine was an early performance-enhancing drug, as long as you didn't take a lethal dose.

There are no benefits to smoking.
    Nicotine can increase the feeling of energy, increase concentration, lower appetite, and potentially elevate moods, similar to caffeine (they're related, after all).
    LOL cutting the nose off to spite the face?
    The analogy doesn't work, because lancing a boil doesn't kill the host body.

@Walker Addiction is part of our nature, but we choose our addictions.

If I've failed to understand something, please enlighten me.
    "Beep boop what are analogies/jokes"?