This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

XBox One Eighty

Comments

• I seriously doubt the PS2 will be a collectors item, in the near future there was just too many of them made. I have two and I didn't even have one during their console life!
  • I have three NES consoles, a 7800, an old SNES, an Intellivision II, two 2600s (one of which was an AWESOME gift and is modded to work on a modern TV).

None of them are worth much.
  • I have three NES consoles, a 7800, an old SNES, an Intellivision II, two 2600s (one of which was an AWESOME gift and is modded to work on a modern TV).

None of them are worth much.
    You're welcome on that one.

• You're welcome on that one.
    That thing continues to be hooked up to the TV, and I use it far more than the Xbox.

It's a particular joy to watch someone who has never experienced Atari games try to play one unaided.

• Rubin, you actually think John is being serious?
    You ruined my anti-silly seriousness. Also, HD projectors are notoriously tricky and expensive.
    What is tricky about a projector?
  • Rubin, you actually think John is being serious?
    You ruined my anti-silly seriousness. Also, HD projectors are notoriously tricky and expensive.
    What is tricky about a projector?
    Try reading the specs on them. Most people aren't getting the resolution, color, or lifespan that they think they're getting.

• I'll admit I come from the professional video and a/v world where those are the first things you look at. For lifespan most projectors claim 2000 hours, but will frequently go far beyond that if you do the basic maintenance of cleaning the filters regularly. And with resolution, all you have to look for is "native resolution".
  • RymRym
    edited June 2013
    Most projectors people buy are pretty low-res, but they don't notice. They'll search for "hd projector" on Amazon and buy some shit like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Galaxy-DG-737-Dream-Projector/dp/B003NMW1HC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371406519&sr=8-2&keywords=hd+projector

That thing's 640*480.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • First not a brand I've ever heard of. Second, not noticing that low of a resolution is no one's fault but their own. Plus anyone who thinks that a $200 projector will give anywhere close to the same quality image as a $3000 tv(roughly comparable size of image) gets little sympathy from me.
  • Isn't 480P considered HD?
  • Nope. 720p.
  • edited June 2013
    It's also got to be 720 lines vertical resolution, anything less is SD. HD is also only 16(+):9 format.

That means that even if you have a projector that is 1024x768, you won't hit a full 720 vertical resolution because 16:9 resolution format using all available portions of the projectors only leaves you with 1024x576.

Minimum native resolution required for HD projectors is 1280x720 or better, most 16:9 projectors that will give you that are 1280x768 or 1366x768 or more.

One more point, if they don't tell you the ANSI Lumen rating, then stay far far away from that particular projector/seller/brand/etc.
    Post edited by Mycroft000 on
  • Yeah I sure hope they do some serious price drops soon. I still want a PS3 for at least the exclusives and I'd like another Xbox in case mine craps out, but fuck if I'm paying $200-$300 for an obsolete console.
    How much you willing to pay and where are you?

I'm in Marquette, Michigan but I'm quite lacking in the fiscal area at the moment so I can only pay in sexual favors or Burger King coupons.
  • edited June 2013

Let's see how well they hold up to that claim.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Dead Rising 3 is exclusive to the XBone. Well, shit.
  • Dead Rising 3 is exclusive to the XBone. Well, shit.
    Until it gets released on Steam, that is.
  • edited June 2013
    Hopefully, but the first dead rising was never on PC, or any other console. It's one of it's few actual exclusives. I am equally bummed as that is the only game that I really want to play on the Xbox.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • The official announcement has already occurred.

• Aha cool I didnt scroll upwards 8-)
  • More like "Our PR Fucked up, please still love us."
  • And Reddit will claim all the credit in 3...2...1...
  • This is good, but not surprising. Terrible user feedback, plus a console that couldn't compete with PS4. Policy reversal was imminent.
    Still not very interested. Project Spark remains the one exclusive I was interested in. And I can just develop games myself because that's my career. XP
  • Reading some of the comments on some of the articles about it, there's actually a substantial number of people who are seriously pissed that Microsoft backtracked like this. They were all like, "Great, now I need to put a disc into my console in order to play it."
  • The internet is never happy.
  • edited June 2013
    I get so amused at the fanboy Xbone apologists saying, "Xbone so great! Look what they are doing!"

Yes, it's a good thing. They still fucked up originally.

I'm finding it hilarious. To me, it doesn't matter. I've made my decision. Also, I'm pretty sure they still don't care about indie games. So fuck 'em.
    Post edited by Rochelle on