This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

XBox One Eighty

Comments

• https://www.facebook.com/XboxOneLovers
    This page won me over immediately.
  • A member of Sturmgrenadier who was working for MS and assisted in developing the 360 suggested that MS could still pull a double reversal months after release.
  • They could but why would they.
  • I wonder if 3rd party companies will sell little caps for the Kinect camera and mic for people afraid Microsoft is spying on them.
  • I wonder if 3rd party companies will sell little caps for the Kinect camera and mic for people afraid Microsoft is spying on them.
    Amazon is already on top of it.

Egyptian Cotton 530 Thread Count Standard Pillowcase Set Solid, Black
  • Rig up a tiny pic of goatse just far enough from the camera so it's in focus.
    It's practically inevitable. After all, where there's a market, there's almost always someone willing to exploit it.

• Steve Ballmer: Why are our customers a bunch of assholes????
  • Rig up a tiny pic of goatse just far enough from the camera so it's in focus.
    Steve Ballmer: Why are our customers a bunch of assholes????
    YES! If only it was a console worth buying, I would totes do this. All day erryday.
    It's practically inevitable. After all, where there's a market, there's almost always someone willing to exploit it.

Also a good idea in general for any hardware you may not have total control over. There already have been several cases of school-provided laptops where the school IT staff set up remote access software to spy on students via built-in webcams. There were also cases of rent-to-own stores doing the same thing.

Black pillow cases work. So would post-it notes, probably.

• I'll probably just use electrical tape.
  • I always find it funny that Jeff Gerstmann talks about his roommate covering the kinect lens with a piece of paper.
  • edited June 2013
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Just when I thought the "Kinect is evil and will spy on me" fucking morons had finally shut the fuck up, it turns out that you jackasses elected them to the fucking congress.

Also, U.S. Supreme court said nothing at all, and isn't mentioned anywhere. It's an act of congress supported by two senators, the supreme court isn't involved.

Basically, if you think the Kinect is evil, always plugged in or not, you're a fucking idiot. There's no simpler way to put it.
  • Because no technology has ever been circumvented. Never at all.

I'm not buying a 180 because of this never ending bullshit. PC games are where it's at and it's where I intend to be.
  • I have a feeling that the policies will be in place again for Xbone games when that system comes out, so they pulled them on 360 in the hopes that developers would therefore be enticed to continue supporting last-gen content, since they can now do so more cheaply.
  • Maybe, but the XBLA change indicates it might carry across both - as XBLA, at the least, is planned to be across both consoles, even if many if not all of the games are not backwards compatible. I'm interested to see what happens.
  • I certainly hope it does stay the same, in which case, they're likely waiting for further Xbone information releases to detail new policies.

On the other hand, the previous policies were only KNOWN because indie companies (who didn't care about getting bad press with Microsoft) released the information. They likely have no intentions of making these details public to non-developers.
  • Seems weird for them not to announce it if it does change, though. After all, the previous policy is hardly a secret, and it would be a good bit of PR to publically revoke the policy that everybody knows about anyway.
  • Yep. Although I'm having fun reading Phil Fish rant about it. The man is a PR disaster, but I'm glad someone gives them shit for it.
  • Phil Fish is like a drama grenade for the gaming industry. Pull the pin, toss it in, and boom, drama everywhere.
  • Yep. But he serves a purpose.
  • I had no idea who he was until Indie Game: The Movie.

I actually tweeted him the article first thing this morning, which I think started the twitter ranting. :3

He was mentioning things along the lines of how much trouble he got into for talking about this. Anyone care to expand on what he's referring to?
  • I don't think we know. But I imagine Microsoft hasn't been very cooperative with him after he revealed all of this. :P
  • He was mentioning things along the lines of how much trouble he got into for talking about this. Anyone care to expand on what he's referring to?
    I assume he's talking about the game-breaking bug in Fez. For Microsoft to accept the patch that would fix it, it would have cost Phil like $20,000 or something ridiculous like that out of his own pocket. He talked about it on Twitter and elsewhere as his reasons for not fixing the bug, which I'm sure Microsoft wasn't happy about.
  • edited June 2013
    He's hardly alone, though, he wasn't even the first to speak out. Tim Schafer broke the costs a month and some before Fez even came out, and Microsoft are chill with him. The Tim Schafer interview that broke that information is the same place we get the Oft-quoted $40,000 figure, Phil and his company only said "Tens of thousands". Microsoft also agreed with his decisions regarding the patching of Fez, and how a small enough portion of the playerbase was affected that it didn't change his cert, and that it wasn't worth putting out a patch for the cost. I think any problem between MS and Phil Fish is more a case of Microsoft taking umbrage at other instances - possibly not publically known instances - of Phil Fish being Phil Fish.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Apparently the PS4 is set to be released on December 31st right now. Are they fucking retarded? Don't they realize that the whole point of releasing the console at that time is for Christmas sales? Xbox One might sell a whole lot better just because of that if they don't change that shit.
  • If this is from Gamestop, it's a placeholder.
  • Most retailers use that as a placeholder for holiday releases that have yet to have an official date set.