This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kill la Kill

Comments

• pence said:

500:1 Trigger will run out of money and do the final episode in the style of Inferno Cop. I would probably be okay with that.

I kind of only want it to be this now that the idea has been put in my head.
  • As long as it's only 5 minutes long like Inferno Cop was, I would be beyond okay with it. I'd prefer it to a "proper" ending.
  • How about an "Eva" ending. No resolution of the actual plot. Just a full episode of meta discussion on "what it means to watch an anime."
  • Rym said:

How about an "Eva" ending. No resolution of the actual plot. Just a full episode of meta discussion on "what it means to watch an anime."

I am not optimistic enough to believe we live in such a blessed universe.
  • Rym said:

How about an "Eva" ending. No resolution of the actual plot. Just a full episode of meta discussion on "what it means to watch an anime."

We live in a world where I often have to explain a metaphor. We're not ready for that, yet.
  • I never would have guess that the Kill La Kill finale would reveal that series takes place in the same universe as Ebichu

— AICN Anime (@aicnanime) March 27, 2014

Bring on all the fake spoilers. I like both the believable kind and the obviously false hilarious kind.
  • I'll play this game.

Damn! Kill la Kill ends as a PREQUEL to Giant Robo! That explains why everyone in Giant Robo was superpowered: Life Fibers! #omg
  • Rym said:

I kind of assumed that was going to happen all along, this being Eva 2 and all. Or Eva 0. Or whatever.
  • Starfox said:

Rym said:

I kind of assumed that was going to happen all along, this being Eva 2 and all. Or Eva 0. Or whatever.
    Eva 0.00 - You can not clothing.
  • WTF? They pulled an Owl Creek Bridge on us? The entire thing was just in the head of the student who stole the one star Goku uniform in the first episode!?!?!
  • The last episode stops short in the middle on a freeze frame, pull out to reveal Mikiko Oguro from Animation Runner Kuromi freaking out about how she hasn't gotten the keys for the last half of the final episode. Hilarity ensues.
  • edited March 2014
    It's up raw and in several non-English languages. Time to put my four years of high school German to test.

EDIT: Okay, I understood, like, half of that, and I don't particularly care about the other half.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • ... :O
  • I think the most emotionally powerful part of the ending lies in the fact that there will never be more KLK.
  • What about the OVA?
  • ThatGent said:

What about the OVA?

WHAT OVA?
  • There's hearsay about the bluray coming with an extra OVA. Speculation points to a beach episode. Hopeful speculation points to a nudist beach episode.
  • ThatGent said:

There's hearsay about the bluray coming with an extra OVA. Speculation points to a beach episode. Hopeful speculation points to a nudist beach episode.

I don't know if I can handle it. My body is dry.
  • You said it:
  • I find it hilarious that the two actual nudists are wearing more clothes than everyone else.
  • Man that ending I watched pretty much the whole thing in one sitting. Fuck me backwards was that a good show, like staggeringly good. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
  • I'm gonna miss this show pretty hard; although I feel like they goofed the landing just a bit
  • Absolute terror submission field!
  • I really hope Riley can defeat the bullies. She's tastefully dressed, so I'm pretty sure she's the good guy.
  • That 4Kids video began as fun times, but then I got a chill and it started to get too real.
  • Who's the midget to the right of Satsuki?