This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Hype Thread

Comments

• Looks closer to Sonic CD era of Sonic games which was pretty fun when I was a kid. Also doesn't look like Sonic 4.

Sega is still absolutely huge in Japan 75% of arcade machines in Japan are made by Sega (I always wondered how they stayed alive as long as they did before Nintendo bought character rights).
  • edited August 2016
    Hey, I paid for that!

EDIT: BLAH BLAH BLAH, SHOW ME THE PPCS!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Me: Is this really legit Battletech? They changed a lot of stuff.

Headshot on the Atlas.

Me: Looks like they didn't change fuck all.
  • This looks fucking good
  • Matt said:

This looks fucking good

And it's only pre alpha. Hoping to talk to them at PAX again.

• I actually had an idea for a game similar to this, but not even half as good as this actual existing game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290000/
  • Wow, bought it from work. Like, Damn.
  • Tomorrow is PAC-MAN day! You goin' down Clyde!
  • Apreche said:

Curse you Zachtronics. Curse you!!!

http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

Oh shiiiiiiiii... it's like college all over again, except the circuits here will be reliable.
  • Why did no one tell me about Halcyon6: Starbase Commander?

• Apreche said:

Curse you Zachtronics. Curse you!!!

http://www.zachtronics.com/shenzhen-io/

Oh shiiiiiiiii... it's like college all over again, except the circuits here will be reliable.
    Instabought

• This is on Steam Greenlight, for some reason.

• edited October 2016
    New Payday update is out, and while I don't normally mention them, this one has two interesting things to it:

First, it establishes the game as being connected to John Wick's universe, with Continental coins coming up as a new currency, and joining all the previous references. And also Joining the connections to Hardcore Henry, where Jimmy's in-game mask showed up in the movie, as some of his memorabilia of what he's done with his lads over time.

Second, John Cleese is in it now. Yeah, THAT John Cleese.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Wow, Payday2. A name I've not heard since they "sold out" and I lost interest in tandem. I stopped playing back when they brought in pay to open safes.

So I get to play as grandpa John Cleese now?
  • edited October 2016
    Naoza said:

Wow, Payday2. A name I've not heard since they "sold out" and I lost interest in tandem. I stopped playing back when they brought in pay to open safes.

They sorted that out - the publishing company pushed that move, but the Devs pushed back and straight-up bought the IP back from the Publisher, ditched the pay-to-open safes(there's still safes, they're just free to open now), and did a bunch of other QOL stuff that the publisher wasn't allocating funds for.

You don't get to play as Cleese, he's playing a butler named Aldstone who rolls around quipping at things, but his exact involvement is not entirely clear just yet.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Dazzle369 said:

I'm still waiting for a new Dreamcast SKU.

You and me both, buddy. You and me both.
    Axel said:

On paper, it's the best of these re-try attempts.
    1. Actually just a beautiful 2D game.
    2. Includes old levels that we already know we like.
    3. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles playable are the three characters we all actually want. No one else is necessary.

So, yes, as a trailer, this is pretty hype. However, Sega has failed before. Although I enjoyed Sonic Generations, it didn't save Sonic. This probably won't either. Should at least be fun, though.

I preordered it.
  • Churba said:

Naoza said:

Wow, Payday2. A name I've not heard since they "sold out" and I lost interest in tandem. I stopped playing back when they brought in pay to open safes.

They sorted that out - the publishing company pushed that move, but the Devs pushed back and straight-up bought the IP back from the Publisher, ditched the pay-to-open safes(there's still safes, they're just free to open now), and did a bunch of other QOL stuff that the publisher wasn't allocating funds for.

You don't get to play as Cleese, he's playing a butler named Aldstone who rolls around quipping at things, but his exact involvement is not entirely clear just yet.
    Huh, no kidding. Maybe I'll take a peek again I really did love that game back when I played it.
  • Naoza said:

Churba said:

Naoza said:

Huh, no kidding. Maybe I'll take a peek again I really did love that game back when I played it.
    It's still pretty enjoyable, and the new features are pretty boss - things like multiple skill loadouts, skill points are now pretty much free, you can spend and unspend them as you please, more gun slots than you could ever use, safehouse customization has just arrived, Plenty of free content. If you already own it, definitely worth re-installing, even if only to check it out.
  • I have a 1080 GTX but no VR. Could I have some suggestions of games with beautiful graphics, please? I want to see what this thing can do.

CS GO doesn't look any better rendered in 4K.
  • Dazzle369 said:

I have a 1080 GTX but no VR. Could I have some suggestions of games with beautiful graphics, please? I want to see what this thing can do.

CS GO doesn't look any better rendered in 4K.

Tomb raider reboot
  • See how Crysis runs now?
  • The Witcher 3 is a damn good-looking game. Other than that I don't have much for you, Clausewitz engine games aren't exactly known for their graphics.
  • Some very recent ones that come to mind are forza, Deus ex, witcher, new doom.
  • I know the Crysis engine has always been the resource hog, but also looked amazing. However I don't want to buy a game just because it looks great.

I may get the new Doom. Want to have enough shmeckles left for Fractured But Whole.

• Please don't fuck it up. Please don't fuck it up.