This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anti-GamerGate Appreciation Thread (Daikun Free Zone)

Comments

• So...Nintendo published a response:

• So Gators tried to make a firing look like something it wasn't because they're fucking stupid.

And also harassed a woman.

Good job.
  • edited March 2016

So Gators tried to make a firing look like something it wasn't because they're fucking stupid.

And also harassed a woman.

Good job.

To be fair, she was the one who made it seem like the firing was related to the GG harassment. She made a series of tweets that insinuated the cause which went viral on twitter.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • NOA is down the road maybe I'll go ask them.
  • Apparently moonlighting is allowed at Nintendo, but Nintendo went back after people revealed this information to them and decided they didn't like the moonlighting, even though the work was under a false name.

So still, the harassment is directly related to how she got fired.
  • Vitriol and harassment hit developers of new Baldur's Gate expansion

It's almost comical how idiotic these people can be sometimes.
  • I don't know when the self-awareness will finally kick in that they're demanding these creators stop putting things into their products when GG is the self-declared "bastions of free speech and anti-censorship."

Free speech means that if someone puts something in a game you don't like, you just don't buy it!

And there's also no reason to dislike a trans character being in a video game unless you are anti-trans. Full stop. There is no argument they can win.
  • Churba said:
    Update - Gators and channers have convinced themselves that the Hated Buzzfeed just fell for an "April Fools Shitpost", despite the fact that the dates they claim would involve vetting, writing, research, getting comment from Milo and publishing within a slightly-less-than 24 hour period. And ignores the fact that it came with verified screenshots of Milo's slack, many of which were not published, and which milo confirmed were from his Breitbart slack. And that this information came in well before April Fools day. And that it doesn't explain why they haven't managed to "Debunk" the proof buzzfeed has that they didn't explicitly write about, which they would know about if it was really a joke post.
  • Fucking gamergate pieces of shit continue to be pieces of shit.
  • But it's super about ethics, we all just don't get it.
  • You know say they are about ethics in games journalism in the same way many white supremacists say they are just really into their heritage. There might be a little in there, but its mostly just about being hateful assholes.
  • You know say they are about ethics in games journalism in the same way many white supremacists say they are just really into their heritage. There might be a little in there, but its mostly just about being hateful assholes.

They don't even say that anymore. They've largely abandoned any pretense about what's really up with their little hate mob.
  • Their argument is that SJWs basically ruin everything by existing, and that we all literally need to die for trying to censor them from saying slurs and being bigots.
  • Churba said:

You know say they are about ethics in games journalism in the same way many white supremacists say they are just really into their heritage. There might be a little in there, but its mostly just about being hateful assholes.

They don't even say that anymore. They've largely abandoned any pretense about what's really up with their little hate mob.
    The sad thing is you could be referring to either group.
    Axel said:

Their argument is that SJWs basically ruin everything by existing, and that we all literally need to die for trying to censor them from saying slurs and being bigots.

Yeah, what annoys me is that a few years ago "Social Justice Warriors" just seemed to be people who got too into it, making issues out of nothing or just completely misinterpreting things as hateful when they weren't. Poe's law in action. Now the term is being thrown around whenever anyone just says "hey guys, maybe that's kinda not nice to say."

• You're censoring me from ruining this persons life.

My closest encounter with anyone I would relate to that group was about a year ago I decided to get back into this forum I used to go to in high school. I figured I'd check out the state of it now. Basically the whole thing went downhill, this one guy that was always a douche was basically put in charge of the forum. And then he started spouting nonsense about Zoe Quinn that I don't even remember what he said. It was a month or two after that happened. I was basically like, regardless of what she did, and lets just say that calling her slurs and names is an acceptable boundary. You've still crossed it trying to ruin someones life. That's not free speech. Of course he basically just immediately ignores me and threatens to ban me. And the funny thing is someone I remember from its heyday was basically doing the same thing to him and they ended up posting phone messages of him pleading to not fuck up his life. So, huh, you think he'd realize it sucks ass.

I was there for a day or so, that happened, and I left again.
  • Rym said:

Fucking gamergate pieces of shit continue to be pieces of shit.

Ms. Rapp may not have been so innocent. She may have been a prostitute, which is illegal under her state's laws.
  • Daikun said:

Rym said:

Fucking gamergate pieces of shit continue to be pieces of shit.

Ms. Rapp may not have been so innocent. She may have been a prostitute, which is illegal under her state's laws.
    What the fuck dude. How is that in any way relevant to what's happening/

That's some gamergate shit right there.

• Oh, this had nothing to do with her termination from Nintendo? I was under the impression that's what this was about.
  • So someone who's doing nothing wrong gets doxxed and fired by gamergate shitlords.

You're not convincing me. That was some gamergate fuck you posted, especially considering you posted it in response to her getting harrassed and doxxed by internet mobs.
  • edited April 2016
    Surprise, Daikun is pretty much a gator.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Andrew said:

Surprise, Daikun is pretty much a gator.

He's welcome to try and convince me otherwise.
  • So it turns out that GameSkinny's source (Ralph Retort) is a pro-GG site. I'd never heard of it till today and thought it was legit.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-
  • Daikun said:

So it turns out that GameSkinny's source (Ralph Retort) is a pro-GG site. I'd never heard of it till today and thought it was legit.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Not buying it dude. You've already linked to Mundane Matt here before.

Do you really "just happen to" accidentally subscribe to all the gomergate sites/people?

Also, you see nothing at all wrong with what you actually said just now?

What exactly did you mean by "not that innocent?"

Third, what exactly do you mean by "both sides are cancer?"

Gamergate-like typing detected.

• edited April 2016
    Always check your sources, kiddos.

Also, yeah, arguing that both sides of this fight are bad is basically something that has been disproved so many times. There's Gamergate and it's bullshit, and people who actively oppose it. If you can't find yourself clearly fitting on one side, there's something wrong.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • More like, if you're going to pretend you innocently linked to some gomergate nonsense, don't try that trick more than once in the same forum.
  • edited April 2016
    That too. There's so many news sources out there, so when you link to any of the well-known harassers and assholes who use Youtube to complain about Anita Sarkeesian, well...You kinda show your hand a bit.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Rym said:

More like, if you're going to pretend you innocently linked to some gomergate nonsense, don't try that trick more than once in the same forum.

Especially a forum where ripping weak arguments apart is a hobby.
  • At this point Daikun flips his sword over, reveals himself to be the traitor, etc...