This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anti-GamerGate Appreciation Thread (Daikun Free Zone)

Comments

• Beautiful.
  • It's almost enough for me to want to attend.
  • Ikatono said:

Rym said:

I'll be direct.

Linking positively to gomergate sources defaming someone is something I will ban for if I see it again.

Is Daikun quiet because he's banned or embarrassed?
    I think he's avoiding this thread to avoid shame. He has great toh to us.
  • It's a Daikun free zone, duh
  • What the fuck are the Hugo Awards?
  • MATATAT said:

What the fuck are the Hugo Awards?

Kids these days.

Also: epic lulz, indeed.
  • MATATAT said:

What the fuck are the Hugo Awards?

Something I used to think meant something, and I now understand to be a sham.

Except this one. This one is filled with epic lulz.

• edited May 2016
    You know, I tend to ignore this thread but what a time to read it again.

Linking to gomergate sites. A+

And bringing back this gem:
    Post edited by Rochelle on

• Apparently this is an image that Mike Rugnetta (of PBS Idea Channel) found on the internet. I'm as confused as he is because this is the first time I've seen someone attempt to match up the Venn Diagrams of "Videocator fans" and "4chan-kids". I mean ideologically the two groups couldn't be farther apart and at least content wise the videocators stuff is completely opposed to the notion of "I'm intellectually superior. I know how the world works and you are fucking it up." line of thinking.
  • Lol C++ wat
  • MATATAT said:

Lol C++ wat

Poking at the STEM leanings of most GoofyGoobers.
  • So how long until The Escapist gets taken down? This article...wow. http://archive.is/5piZz

Also Zoe Quinn won against her ex in her court cases: http://blog.unburntwitch.com/post/144635493954/i-won This post is about the validity of the gag order placed on him not the other case she threw out.
  • This exchange between Philip Moriarty and Phil "Thunder Foot" Mason is pretty amazing.

You may know Philip Moriarty as one of the professors being regularly featured on Sixty Symbols (playlist featuring him).

I also admit to having used to watch Thunder Foots videos when I was big into the atheism movement 6-8 years ago, but then I realized that he is basically an intellectual bully, just smart enough to be dangerous and picking on people he deems stupider than himself. He has since also become one of the bigger anti-feminist people on the internet and a big supporter of GamerGate.
  • I never really knew much about Thunderf00t before those emails guarantee I will never respect him.
  • Ikatono said:

I never really knew much about Thunderf00t before those emails guarantee I will never respect him.

I knew about "Thunderf00t" because his fans tended to be "that guy" and his creative output was mostly abhorrent.

• Good lord, those emails. How can anyone be surprised that they are treated as pariahs in civil company when they behave like that?
  • edited June 2016
    Sony put up a trailer for the PS4/Vita version of Read Only Memories (which also announces the voice actors). Coincidentally Zoe Quinn and Jim Sterling happen to be voice actors on it. I found out about it because Dan Rykert is apparently doing a voice on there. But the comments section is a litany of people turning it into some anti-SJW bullshit.

So I decided to waste my time fucking with them...
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Despite initial negative reactions to the trailers, it seems that the new female-lead Ghostbusters film is getting some positive reviews as a good summer popcorn film. Naturally that must mean that all the reviewers are paid-off shills and the people strongly opposed to SJW-propoganda in any form who haven't even seen the film are totally justified. Where have I seen this play out before?
  • There was a guy in the theater when we went to see pets who decided to let everyone know he was upset about the new ghostbusters by booing and saying the movie was "retarded" when the trailer came up.
  • ...................................................................................................................................*rolls eyes*
  • I'm so glad that all the comments I've seen so far are "it's much better than the trailer" because I had low hopes after seeing that trailer, and really wanted gomergaters to have real butthurt.
  • I'm so glad that all the comments I've seen so far are "it's much better than the trailer" because I had low hopes after seeing that trailer, and really wanted gomergaters to have real butthurt.

Yep. I'm still not interested, but happy to know this.

Also Thread title: XD
  • Please no more gate bullshit. Just even the name drives me crazy like some overplayed internet meme. But what the fuck is drivergate?
  • I think it's in regards to the Driver 3 scandal from back in the day. Guru Larry did a video on forgotten game scandals a few months ago, and then did a more thorough explanation of what he called "drivergate" just recently.

• Jesus Christ...

You know what I get annoyed with is that they think SJWs take umbrage with too much, but to me it seems like anyone who gets behind this shit is the one picking fights wherever they can.