This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• @Anrild-That's a freaking epic Yuna cosplay. Love it.
  • edited November 2009
    Is it a mole or a wart? One time I had a small wart on the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and my wrist, and I would just kind of pare it down to skin level with a pair of fingernail clippers. Then one day, I decided I'd had enough and I got a pair of tweezers and started pulling. I was able to pull it out and the damn thing had a little root system. That was kind of equal parts cool and gross. Of course, the bleeding took a while to stop, I guess because that's a pretty vascular area; but I never had a wart there again. I had a small scar for a couple of years but it has since worn away.

So - if you can grasp it with tweezers, just pull it out.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • It is a mole, not a wart. Part one of the "cutting it shaving" is here.

I know about warts. If I had one, I'd get rid of it right away!
  • edited November 2009
    It is a mole, not a wart. Part one of the "cutting it shaving" ishere.
    I think the main thing is whether you can grasp it with a pair of tweezers. If you can do that, you know the next step.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I took the photo mainly for the impressive blood/shaving foam mix.
    Yeah, that image wigged me a bit. Well done.
    Oh, It's a mole? I just assumed he had become a zombie. Darn, I guess I'll have to cancel that ticket to Europe.
  • The only difference between cutting it off with a razor and the dermatologist cutting it off is that the dermatologist injects it with an anesthetic first. That way it doesn't hurt when they cut it off. It hurts later though. Fuck, does it hurt later.
  • I think the main thing is whether you can grasp it with a pair of tweezers. If you can do that, you know the next step.
    That makes you the second person I know to perform self-surgery.
    This cut was due to being very tired, and just accidentally hacking at it.
    I recommend picking up an alum block. That thing is magic when your razor slips.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    The only difference between cutting it off with a razor and the dermatologist cutting it off is that the dermatologist injects it with an anesthetic first. That way it doesn't hurt when they cut it off. It hurts later though. Fuck, does it hurt later.
    The pain is worth getting rid of an unpleasant looking blemish on your face, no offense Luke.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The pain is worth getting rid of an unpleasant looking blemish on your face, no offense Luke.
    1) I hardly consider it unpleasant-looking.
    2) Do you have scars on your face? Those of us who do will tell you that they are unpleasant, even when small, and should be avoided at all cost.
  • Yup, it will leave a scar the size of the mole. It may not stick out as much, but it will be the same diameter. Also, they sometimes will hurt randomly. Don't remove a mole because of looks...it often looks better than the scar will. I've had 3 removed. 2 of them were sticking out and catching on things. One was a suspicious-looking one in my hair, and now I have a little bald spot on my temple where they cut it out. They had to cut deep because it looked very suspicious (turned out benign, but you never know), and it turns out they took all of the hair follicles with it. :(
  • I recommend picking up an alum block. That thing is magic when your razor slips.
    Sadly, these days, when you say styptic pencil, hardly anyone knows what you're on about.
  • I recommend picking up an alum block. That thing is magic when your razor slips.
    Sadly, these days, when you say styptic pencil, hardly anyone knows what you're on about.
    I left mine at home when I went away for college, and I haven't been able to find one down here. Disappointing.
  • Man, I was happy I bought one when I picked up my first old school safety razor - those things can cut you a hell of a lot easier than you think - as in, you don't notice so much, until you look in the mirror.

Curiously, when I first started shaving with a straight razor, Didn't cut myself at all, despite everyone around me saying I was going to cut myself to ribbons.
  • edited November 2009
    Excuse the webcam picture, my camera had an incident a while back.
    Oh, and it's 5:30am, which explains the rough hair and low light (Which is causing the overexposure.).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Still looks pretty bright to me.

Cool hoodie.
  • You have pretty eyes, too. And a nice smile! Kitty looks like it is plotting to put something in your tea...
  • Kitty face in the tea!
    And a pervert shirt!

Your pets are very cute, and you seem to take good care of them.
  • The cat is poisoning your tea, haha! Or are you DRINKING A CAT!

You have a nice smile! ^^
  • edited November 2009
    Uploaded these while showing the hat/fingerless gloves my sister knitted me to Nineless.

Post edited by Walker on
  • Knitted cap and hand warmers are awesome. ^_^
  • edited November 2009
    Uploaded these while showing the hat/fingerless gloves my sister knitted me to Nineless.
    Don't quote images.
    I want your hat and handwarmers. And your DSi, of course. ;)
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Really, there's no need to quote two images like that. How about you edit your post?
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Really, there's no need to quote two images like that. How about you edit your post?
    Yes, let's obey what moderator Luke says!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Really, there's no need to quote two images like that. How about you edit your post?
    No, I'd rather disobey him simply for the purposes of rebellion, even though he makes an entirely valid point
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Really, there's no need to quote two images like that. How about you edit your post?
    No, I'd rather disobey him simply for the purposes of rebellion, even though he makes an entirely valid point
    Even if it's a valid point or not (I agree with the former), the fact of the matter is that it's not our place to say so. Remember what happened when that "maxhaworth" kid showed up and everyone took on the imaginary sash of moderator? Scott came in and told us not to. Matter of a fact, he added that rule to the rules thread because of that.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2009
    There is no forum rule saying "Thou shalt not quote images."
    Also, if we were to take Scott's point entirely literally, then because of the following
    If you are not a moderator, you should not take it upon yourself to inform other users of their forum-related transgressions.
    1. Be mindful of your grammar and spelling.
    2. Post intelligently
    3. Don't be annoying.
    we would be unable to call out others for being stupid or annoying. Is that what you want? (Oh wait, it would be, wouldn't it ^_~)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • There is no forum rule saying "Thou shalt not quote images."
    It falls under #3. Having to scroll past images multiple times just to read content is annoying and should be avoided at all costs.