This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"Metal" is the best thread title here.

Comments

• &nbsp('&#92 /') zzZz
    =( -.- )=
    o(_")( ")
  • Can we please get this thread back on track?

_+880_____________________________
    _++88_____________________________
    _++88_____________________________
    __+880_________________________++
    __+888________________________+88_
    __++880______________________+88__
    __++888_____+++88__________+++8___
    __++8888__+++8880++88____+++88____
    __+++8888+++8880++8888__++888_____
    ___++888++8888+++888888++888______
    ___++88++8888++8888888++888_______
    ___++++++888888888888888888_______
    ____++++++88888888888888888_______
    ____++++++++000888888888888_______
    _____+++++++000088888888888_______
    ______+++++++00088888888888_______
    _______+++++++088888888888________
    _______+++++++088888888888________
    ________+++++++8888888888_________
    ________+++++++0088888888_________
    ________++++++0088888888__________
  • LOOK AT THIS METAL-AS-FUCK BURGER JOINT. They even have a BBQ pork sandwich called the "Pig Destroyer."

I'm going the next time I'm in Chicago. If any of you hit ACen and I'm there, we'll go.
  • LOOK AT THIS METAL-AS-FUCK BURGER JOINT.They even have a BBQ pork sandwich called the "Pig Destroyer."
    Goblin Cock
    Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, ¼lb. Vienna Hot Dog, Tomatoes, Onion, Neon Green Relish, Sport Peppers, Pickles, Celery Salt Mustard - $13
    LOL
  • Slayer
    Pile of fries topped with a ½ lb. Burger, Chili, Cherry Peppers, Andouille, Onions, Jack Cheese, and Anger
    There is a burger made with anger. I must eat there.

On a more serious note, they also have been voted the best burgers in Chicago. So, it's not just a gimmick.
  • LOOK AT THIS METAL-AS-FUCK BURGER JOINT.They even have a BBQ pork sandwich called the "Pig Destroyer."
    Goblin Cock
    Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, ¼lb. Vienna Hot Dog, Tomatoes, Onion, Neon Green Relish, Sport Peppers, Pickles, Celery Salt Mustard - $13
    LOLI still remember when my friend told me about a band he had recently discovered. "Dude, I got this awesome CD for like $5 online. The band... is called Goblin Cock."

• I think I might get either that burger or the Bongzilla when I make the pilgrimage. Maybe the High On Fire or the Slayer. Those are the four choices presently.
  • edited February 2010
    I think I might get either that burger or the Bongzilla when I make the pilgrimage. Maybe the High On Fire or the Slayer. Those are the four choices presently.
    I agree with most of those. I'd exchange the High on Fire for either an Iron Maiden or Pantera, but still, that's five great choices.

EDIT: And be sure to look at the staff page too. I want to get a picture with The Bear.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I agree with most of those. I'd exchange the High on Fire for either an Iron Maiden or Pantera, but still, that's five great choices.
    Agreed.

My mouth is watering.
    Delicious Nacht Burger.

I ate souvlaki for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was pretty good.
  • Wow, Hatebeak is a real band. Their lead vocalist is a parrot. That's pretty fucking obscure right there.

Looks like it's a side project from a guy in Pig Destroyer.
  • Wow, Hatebeak is a real band. Their lead vocalist is a parrot.
    WTF? This genre is officially a parody of itself.
  • edited February 2010
    WTF? This genre is officially a parody of itself.
    Well, self-parody is pretty prevalent in metal bands as it is. I mean, really, how serious can you be when you stand up on stage, growl about Thor, and twirl your hair in unison. It's part of the appeal; be ridiculous and don't take things quite so seriously.

The parrot thing, however, is a little out there. Still, I'm going to look into these guys and see if it's worthwhile. Since they're related to Pig Destroyer, it's probably more of a deathgrind sound than a straight-up death metal sound.

EDIT: Man, I just told a coworker about Hatebeak, and I have to say, it sounds incredibly ridiculous to actually tell another human being, out loud, with words, that there is a metal band whose lead vocalist is a parrot.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • You think Hatebeak (mmm...Hate Beak sandwich) is crazy? Check out Caninus. Their vocalists are two pit bulls.

• there is a metal band whose lead vocalist is a parrot.
    Wait, you're serious about that? I'm gonna have to go look this up...
  • Hatebeak

I am SO tempted to go track down some of these 7"s.
  • Well, self-parody is pretty prevalent in metal bands as it is. I mean, really, how serious can you be when you stand up on stage, growl about Thor, and twirl your hair in unison. It's part of the appeal; be ridiculous and don't take thingsquiteso seriously.
    Speaking of which...
  • That's awesome.
  • What's more epic than a metal album? A video game that IS a metal album.
  • I've listening to a lot of Misery Signals lately.
    What's more epic than a metal album? A video game that IS a metal album.

That's really cool, but can you actually play it?
  • At what point does a vocalist go, "You know what this song needs? Me screaming for a solid 30 seconds." I don't know, but the guy from Cryptopsy apparently does.

• Two new bands I'm getting into:

Skitliv, a black/doom project featuring Maniac, a former Mayhem vocalist. In fact, he's sort of the former Mayhem vocalist. It's some pretty evil-sounding shit, let me tell you.

Weapon, a Canadian melodic black/death group. They're just great.
  • Just to remind everyone, Megadeth's Rust in Piece came to Rock Band and looks freaking awesome. It's going to break some fingers, I know it.

Also, related, bands like this really make me look forward to Rock Band Network, which at the latest will appear by St. Patrick's Day. This could be one of my favorite new bands previewed before the launch of RBN.