This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• The thing you guys have to remember is that GeekNights is a podcast that happens to have a community, it is not a community podcast.
    So we kidnap Scott and Rym XKCD style and force them to make podcasts for us on topics we want and not what *the random geek wants* image
  • Show suggestion: Farming games, such as Harvest Moon.
  • Show suggestion: Farming games, such as Harvest Moon.
    There's more than Harvest Moon?
  • edited January 2010
    There's more than Harvest Moon?
    There's Rune Factory for the DS and an interesting looking game called Shepherd's Crossing. You could probably also fit in the Animal Crossing games.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Maybe this has been done/suggested before, but:
    Small Children and the crappy generic anime they watch, and what to show them if you know some because the crappy generic anime is ANNOYING AS HELL. Seriously.
  • Agricola is the best farming game.
  • Agricola is the best farming game.
    Not so portable though.. they need to get working on that. Is it on the iPhone?
  • Rym and Emily should do an episode about Avatar: The Last Airbender when the feature length live-action films' (titled The Last Airbender) release date approaches. As far as I know, Scott has not seen or does not care about the show because I vaguely remember him scoffing it off a couple of years ago, hence why I said Rym and Emily.
  • The negative aspects of being a geek or issues with geek culture.
  • The negative aspects of being a geek or issues with geek culture.
    I think that can be summed up in this one video,
  • How about a show on short animated subjects (Silly Symphonies, Looney Tunes, etc)?
  • edited February 2010
    The negative aspects of being a geek or issues with geek culture.
    I think that can be summed up in this one video,

I can't tell it's gender... and it used kawaii too much.
    xD
    Though I do believe that the video sums geek-dom up quite nicely.
    Post edited by Sixthpence on
  • E-Commerce?
  • Geeknights Book Club: The Count of Monte Cristo
  • E-Commerce?
    It's just called "commerce" now.
    I doubt the kids will read something that long.
  • Light novels? How about The Slayers light novels!

Do you guys like the Discworld novels from Terry Prachett? They're pretty funny and I think Unseen Academicals is the latest. (Just got it and working my way through. Weeee!)
  • Do you guys like the Discworld novels from Terry Prachett? They're pretty funny and I thinkUnseen Academicalsis the latest. (Just got it and working my way through. Weeee!)
    Hell yes! You rock, Viga.
  • Do you guys like the Discworld novels from Terry Prachett? They're pretty funny and I thinkUnseen Academicalsis the latest. (Just got it and working my way through. Weeee!)
    Spoiler: Scott hates them and we're all bad, stupid people for liking them.
    I doubt the kids will read something that long.
    Hence the green text. As wonderful as that book is, no one in the forums will read it for the Book Club.
  • Hence the green text. As wonderful as that book is, no one in the forums will read it for the Book Club.
    I'm about two chapters from the finish as we speak.
  • I read it some time ago, though I would probably read it again for Book Club.
    Spoiler:Scott hates them and we're all bad, stupid people for liking them.
    Scott can hate whatever he wants, but I still love Terry Pratchett and all that he's done. He is, in fact, my favorite author.
  • Okay seriously Scott, how can you hate Discworld? It's hillarious, what turns you off about it?
  • Okay seriously Scott, how can you hate Discworld? It's hillarious, what turns you off about it?
    Who said I hate discworld? I've never even read it.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Okay seriously Scott, how can you hate Discworld? It's hillarious, what turns you off about it?
    Oh...well Churba was the one who said you disliked it. Maybe he mistaked it with Ringworld? While fundamentally different from each other, they have similar sounding names.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Oh...well Churba was the one who said you disliked it. Maybe he mistaked it with Ringworld? While fundamentally different from each other, they have similar sounding names.
    :HEADDESK:
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Oh...well Churba was the one who said you disliked it. Maybe he mistaked it with Ringworld? While fundamentally different from each other, they have similar sounding names.
    :HEADDESK:
    Oh dear, have I frustrated you with an honest mistake, cockatrice? Anyone who isn't initiated in either of the two series could make that mistake, I did before I read either series.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited February 2010
    I did, but people didn't realize I was making a joke. Sorry about that. I thought the "And we're all terrible people for liking it" made it pretty clear - I need to use more sarcasm green.

P.s - I know the difference between Diskworld and Ringworld, dammit.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Oh dear, have I frustrated you with an honest mistake, cockatrice? Anyone who isn't initiated in either of the two series could make that mistake, I did before I read either series.
    :HEADDESK:`