This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Went to see Avatar again yesterday and near the beginning where they're falling asleep in the bunk house, Jake is looking at the hair tendril things and in the background, someone says "Don't play with that or you'll go blind." I heard someone behind me burst out laughing and I thought to myself "I am among nerds.".
  • Question: is Jake Sully a furry?
    No more than John Shepherd I'd suppose.
  • see Avatar again
    Why would you submit yourself to that again?
  • Why would you submit yourself to that again?
    Tell me about it, going to the cinema gets more painful each time I do it. Avatar was one of the few films I'd go for these days.
  • edited February 2010
    Tell me about it, going to the cinema gets more painful each time I do it. Avatar was one of the few films I'd go for these days.
    I was talking about seeing Avatar again. I found it to be excruciatingly painful the first time.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    He's a humanoid covered in fur who bones a humanoid covered in fur. It's up to you to decide.
    I was talking about seeing Avatar again. I found it too be excruciatingly painful the first time.
    This. Imho it is worth seeing once, in 3D. No more, and not non-3D.
  • Information on Marvel Thor movie
    Is it just me, or does the story for the movie sound very similar to the Disney version of Hercules?

Oh wait, Anthony Hopkins is playing Odin. This movie is going to be awesome.
  • I was talking about seeing Avatar again. I found it too be excruciatingly painful the first time.
    This. Imho it is worth seeing once, in 3D. No more, and not non-3D.
    Why pay just to see things in 3D? I can see things in 3D for free and most of those things (even watching grass grow) are more entertaining than Avatar.
  • Why pay just to see things in 3D?
    To see what they've done with the technolog-
    I can see things in 3D for free and most of those things (even watching grass grow) are more entertaining than Avatar.
    Touché. In my defence, I had a free ticket that I HAD to use that day or let expire. So I paid the 3D fee and see what they had done with the technology.
  • Information on Marvel Thor movie
    I have some information on the Marvel Thor movie, which is that my cousin did concept art for it. I saw some of his Frost Giants, and they were awesome.
  • A bit old but whatever, it's just hilarious:
  • My thing of the day isDylan Ratigan beating Glen Beck like a cheap mule.
    That was 3rd degree burn, I tell you what.

• Neat look at a particle accelerator.
  • Newegg ships so fast it's crazy. I ordered this stuff Tuesday night and it got here this afternoon.
  • Newegg ships so fast it's crazy. I ordered this stuff Tuesday night and it got here this afternoon.
    It helps that their warehouse is in La Puente.
  • edited February 2010
    Neat look at a particle accelerator.
    Oh my god this is so cool! I love awesome machinery like this.

My thing...
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • It looks like we're going to get snow in South Alabama. I don't know how much, but it'll be the first snow I've ever seen. Let's just hope it gets cold enough.
  • At my school, science WAS like that.
  • edited February 2010
    I want to have a professor like him. Not many I have seen have such a passion for what they do.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • My thing of the day isDylan Ratigan beating Glen Beck like a cheap mule.
    That was 3rd degree burn, I tell you what.
    I have observed that which you executed in that turn of phrase.

Seriously, this "Snowpocalypse disproves global warming" turns my stomach and makes my mouth foam. I was seized by white fury perusing Hannity last night when he made similar claims. On one hand, if you calmly explain the science to any rational conservative as to why extreme weather is evidence of global warming, you have a great argument. On the other hand, I tend to use words that would make Lenny Bruce livid when I describe the idiots who push this fallacious trash.
  • I tend to use words that would make Lenny Bruce livid when I describe the idiots who push this fallacious trash.
    You're a bit of a comedy fan, aren't you?
  • edited February 2010
    You're a bit of a comedy fan, aren't you?
    Yep. 5-6 years of improv comedy, and I'm slowly (like, molasses slowly) writing my own stand-up set.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Yep. 5-6 years of improv comedy, and I'm slowly (like, molasses slowly) writing my own stand-up set.
    Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that. That's awesome. Do you have any videos?
  • Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that. That's awesome. Do you have any videos?
    Not presently. If any get made, I'll post them.

I'm sort of doing it as a lark right now, with the hope that if a few crucial pieces tumble into place after college I can just say "fuck it" and do something crazy awesome like Luke. With the troupe I'm in presently, those chances are higher than most other college improvisers', but being improv and me being a science major, they're still wayyyyy low. I don't really mind, though; it's a fun pastime, all things considered.
  • edited February 2010
    Post edited by Alan on
  • I just found HungryJoe's favorite toothpaste.