This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

edited August 2010 in Video Games
Oblivion for £6 today and it's deal-a-day on In Demand and Bethesda so is anyone looking out for anything.

Seeing as Pokemon failed to get me to play RPGs without boring very rapidly, Fallout 3 (And possibly Bioshock 2.) is pretty much my last hope.

Comments

• great deal if you're interested in Oblivion. The faces in that game still creep me out.
  • OzOz
    edited August 2010
    Fallout 3 is pretty good.

EDIT: I played it with a bunch of friends sharing one character, that may have something to do with it.
    Post edited by Oz on
  • How about that $70 megadeal? I'm tempted and I don't even have a Windows computer at the moment.
  • How about that $70 megadeal? I'm tempted and I don't even have a Windows computer at the moment.
    Anyone who doesn't already have the Id complete pack should definitely get the Quakecon Pack.
  • edited August 2010
    As was foretold by the prophecy, Fallout 3 for £15 and I'm stuck on whether I could ever like RPGs enough for this to be worth the risk. £10 would have been a sure thing but I'm unsure if I'll ever get to see the DLC.

This, or DQ9, I have until tomorrow at 6pm to decide.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • As was foretold by the prophecy, Fallout 3 for £15 and I'm stuck on whether I could ever like RPGs enough for this to be worth the risk. £10 would have been a sure thing but I'm unsure if I'll ever get to see the DLC.

This, or DQ9, I have until tomorrow at 6pm to decide.
    Save your money, get a DS piracy card if you don't already have one.
  • edited August 2010
    I've got three (Including one of the first R4s.). It's more "Which do I want to spend my time on." and FO3 definitely seems more my thing than DQ9.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to download it until midnight so I'll have time to think.
  • What's the difference between the game of the year edition and the regular edition?
  • edited August 2010
    GOTY has the expansions built in.
  • I wouldn't mind the Quake Collection currently on sale; I believe two people on the forum owed me some Steam games, but it was $10 from Sonic and $5 from Omnutia so neither matches up properly.
    Damn. I was hoping to resolve one of those debts, but it doesn't fit.
    I can still buy it myself, though.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2010
    GOTY has the expansions built in.
    Except for Mothership Zeta.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I couldn't resist any longer, I just purchased the QuakeCon Pack. A few hours later I was fearing that I had made an impetuous decision so I downloaded and installed Wolfenstein 3D, *wavy lines* *wavy lines* *wavy lines* time machine transportation back to being 11 years old and playing Wolfenstein 3D for hours on end after school every day searching for the hidden doors on every surface.

Yah, I chose wisely.

P.S. Commander Keen, I'm coming for you next!
  • Fffffffff. I want this pack, but I also want Limbo and C:HoD. Don't know if I can justify it, much less play through most of these games.
  • P.S. Commander Keen, I'm coming for you next!
    Those games were my life back in the day.
    Same here man.
  • GOTY has the expansions built in.
    Except for Mothership Zeta.
    Steam store page says it does.
    Same here man.
    I remember playing commander keen: Keen dreams, I think it was called, and that game was fucking scary back then. Those cherries scared the shit out of the 4-year-old me.
  • Battlefront II is five dollars today. You need this game.
  • Battlefront II is five dollars today. Youneedthis game.
    Meh.
    Its kinda fun but I wouldn't say need.
    I had this game, and the CDs crapped out on me, and I no longer had this game. I guess I have it again now.
  • I still have my CDs, but I contemplated buying it just so that I'd have it on Steam instead of having to install it using several discs.
  • Kights Of The Old Republic is on sale for 2.50.
  • Left4Dead and Left4Dead2 in a bundle. $10.19 for both of them together.
  • Left4Dead and Left4Dead2 in a bundle. $10.19 for both of them together.
    There we go a price even I can get these games at, now to see what all the fuss is about.
  • Arkham Asylum seems tempting at $13.60
    One of the best games I played last year.
    One of the best games I played last year.
    Absolutely worth the price. My only real complaint was that I played almost the entire game in Bat-vision and didn't see any of the pretty textures.
  • Thanks; I bought it.
  • edited October 2010
    Red Faction: Geurilla. Get it if you hadn't already.

As it's THQ week, I'm predicting Saints Row 2 is going to be up, and probably Warhammer DoW.