This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atomic Trivia War 9000: The Podcast: The Game

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
    I tried watching Snatch and was bored to tears after 20 minutes.
    Die in a fire.

Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited April 2011
    Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
    I will watch the first four episodes of Archer if you watch Snatch again. We must keep open minds and perhaps consume alcohol. Deal?\

I guess Jason must not like dags. =P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
    Die in a fire.
    You know what's a good movie? Spider-Man 3.
  • Jason has never seen Snatch, but he thinks he's qualified to do movie trivia? WTF. Remedy that shit tonight or else.
    Die in a fire.
    Excuse me while I curl up in a fetal position under my desk.
    Die in a fire.
    Excuse me while I curl up in a fetal position under my desk.
    No, really. I bring it up because I think Spider-Man 3 excelled where Snatch didn't: character development. Jason Statham is always very flat and colorless. He's a one-note actor. Brad Pitt was just in Snatch for a paycheck. You could tell. And Dennis Farina is just a racist stereotype. Why's he always playing Italians?
    Die in a fire.
    Funny movie, that Spider-Man 3. Best part was when he was dancing down the street.
  • edited April 2011
    No, really. I bring it up because I think Spider-Man 3 excelled where Snatch didn't: character development. Jason Statham is always very flat and colorless. He's a one-note actor. Brad Pitt was just in Snatch for a paycheck. You could tell. And Dennis Farina is just a racist stereotype. Why's he always playing Italians?
    I saw it as another Guy Ritchie movie where just watching the story unfold and how all the characters end up being interacting with one another about "ze stone" was enough for me to really enjoy the movie.

I don't believe there was character development in Lock, Stock, And Two Smoking Barrels either and I enjoyed both for the story and the dialogue.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Best part was when he was dancing down the street.
    My dirty dirty movie secret: I really like that part too. It was dumb, sure, but it was so dumb that I couldn't help but enjoy it.
  • edited May 2011
    Some relevant news on the number of millionaires in the world.
    It's not surprising at all that there are so many millionaires now. This is calculated off of net worth, not the cash in your checking account. It's even less surprising to see that my home state New Jersey, the most densly-populated state, it 25% millionaires. When you have people buying houses for $40k in the 1980s that are now worth $600k, you can sure as hell be that most of them are millionaires "on paper".

We're also entering an age where people save for their own retirement instead of relying on company pensions. Over a 40-year career, it's trivial to have a million dollar nut saved away in some 401k or IRA if you've been giving 5% of your salary all that time.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Jason Statham is always very flat and colorless.
    Statham was in Snatch? I don't remember that. I just remember really disliking the movie.
  • Statham was in Snatch? I don't remember that. I just remember really disliking the movie.
    Yeah, He played Turkish.
  • The old UK billion was actually 10^12, or a million million.
    Still, 1 billion = 10^9 is used everywhere nowadays anyway.
  • Jason Statham is always very flat and colorless.
    Statham was in Snatch? I don't remember that. I just remember really disliking the movie.
    Usually I really like your taste in movies. Usually.
  • Quick comparison to Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Lock, Stock's main bad guy killed people by beating them to death with a dildo. This is brutal, but funny because it is so absurd. Snatch's main bad guy killed cut off testicles with a knife. This is just brutal. I don't mind watching movies about bad people doing bad things if it is also entertaining. Snatch missed out on the entertaining part.
  • I rather enjoyed all the twists and turns, as well as Brad Pitt speaking like a Pikey. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was indeed the better movie, though.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Revolver is garbage.
  • Snatch had a lot of funny moments, and I don't think Brad Pitt was phoning it in for a paycheque, he genuinely wanted to work with Guy after seeing Lock Stock. If he wanted a paycheque there was a lot of richer things he could have done. He is by far the best part of Snatch.

A lot of Snatch ended up on the cutting room floor that is kind of essential to the plot... for example, the diamond which is outside the case is later inside the locked case... but all the same, it's still a highly amusing film.

Periwinkle blue. Fer me ma.
  • I rather enjoyed all the twists and turns, as well as Brad Pitt speaking like a Pikey. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was indeed the better movie, though.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that Revolver is garbage.
    I think Snatch vs. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are so similar that it becomes another case of "you'll love whichever one you see first."
  • It seems most of our listeners that have liked us on Facebook aren't that good at the chemistry. D:
    I think Snatch vs. Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels are so similar that it becomes another case of "you'll love whichever one you see first."
    This is true. I'm pretty sure I watched Snatch first and really enjoyed it. Then watched Lock, Stock and thought it was good but not as good as Snatch.

Desert Eagle 5.0 > Replicas
  • I'm surprised nobody got that before I did, considering how relatively basic those questions were.

Anyways, hurray that I'm capable of answering random trivia questions!
  • It seems most of our listeners that have liked us on Facebook aren't that good at the chemistry. D:
    When I read the questions I was sure that I could have answered them if I were still on High School, but now I have forgotten all that.
  • Desert Eagle .50 > Replicas
    FTFY. Also, Vinnie Jones is the manliest man in the history of men.
  • When I read the questions I was sure that I could have answered them if I were still on High School, but now I have forgotten all that.
    D: I still remember them and it's been over a decade since I took chemistry.

Perhaps I will continue with more science questions this week.

Sometimes I reminisce doing those chemistry assignments where you would have to figure out how to write out the Lewis structure of chemical compounds with electron counting.
  • Hellleana Boooonom Karteeer
  • edited May 2011
    Still, 1 billion = 10^9 is used everywhere nowadays anyway.
    Except the sane world where it goes million (10^6), milliard (10^9), billion (10^12), billiard (10^15), etc. A billion is twice a million, or twice 10^6, or 10^12. The billion being 10^9 sometimes is just the difference between short and long scale. Short scale (mostly used in English speaking countries these days) being little more than the second blight that the US puts upon civilization, next to their continued use of the imperial system.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • This is why we should use the SI system. The world doesn't have almost 7 billion people, it's got 6.8 gigapeople!
  • This is why we should use the SI system. The world doesn't have almost 7 billion people, it's got 6.8 gigapeople!
    One step at a time. First introduce the lot to billiards.
  • Except the sane world where it goes million (10^6), milliard (10^9), billion (10^12), billiard (10^15), etc. A billion is twice a million, or twice 10^6, or 10^12. The billion being 10^9 sometimes is just the difference between short and long scale. Short scale (mostly used in English speaking countries these days) being little more than the second blight that the US puts upon civilization, next to their continued use of the imperial system.
    The short scale is just fine. Yes, the long scale makes a little bit more sense, but that's outweighed by the short scale's widespread English-language usage. Also, the word "milliard" just doesn't sound very nice in English.
    -______-
    -______-
    HahahAHAHAHAhHAhaHahaha.