This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• HAHA! That is the second best door to door answer I heard. The best was my friend who just showed up naked to the door.
  • Nowadays, I'd definitely have answered the door naked AND covered in food colouring. I was a lot more self-conscious then.
  • Fact: Any girl instantly becomes at least 20% more attractive by singing "Part of That World" from the Little Mermaid.
  • edited August 2011
    Fact: Any girl guy instantly becomes at least 20% more attractive by singing. "Part of That World" from the Little Mermaid.
    Although I also totally agree with your sentiment as The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie of all time.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • My sister has a dance rehearsal today. I really hate how much makeup the girls wear for this. For fuck's sake, she's 11, not 16!
    Reminds me of the "pimp my sister" sketch from Robot Chicken. Do they make them wear the supper inaproriate booty shorts and sports bras? Cause if so I would turn that teacher in for child pron.
  • Fact: Any girl instantly becomes at least 20% more attractive by singing "Ai wo Torimodose" from Fist Of The North Star
  • My sister has a dance rehearsal today. I really hate how much makeup the girls wear for this. For fuck's sake, she's 11, not 16!
    Reminds me of the "pimp my sister" sketch from Robot Chicken. Do they make them wear the supper inaproriate booty shorts and sports bras? Cause if so I would turn that teacher in for child pron.
    No, but the shorts they sold (not uniform) said "Dance" on the butt. Better than "Juicy" but still, what the fuck?
  • If I were tiny, I would sleep on a marshmallow.
  • If I were tiny, I would sleep on a marshmallow.
    This just made my day.
  • Less than an hour until SMBC Theater's kickstarter project is funded! Why don't you throw some monies their way?
  • Fact: Any girl instantly becomes at least 20% more attractive by singing "Ai wo Torimodose" from Fist Of The North Star
    I'd put the minimum at 200%.
  • Urgh.. it's raining fluids.
  • Urgh.. it's raining fluids.
    Better than raining Boise-Eisenstein condensates, I supposed.
  • One pack of Sticky Taky can attach an awful lot of stuff to other stuffs.
  • One pack of Sticky Taky can attach an awful lot of stuff to other stuffs.
    That's what my sister used to call glue when she was really, really young. I think you mean blu-tak though.
  • I think you mean blu-tak though.
    I do, but we call it sticky tak here. I add the extra 'y' because it makes me think of this.
    I'd put the minimum at 200%.
    I would put a ring on that ASAP.
  • I would put a ring on that ASAP.
    First thing that pops into my head - "ALL THE DRAGONSLAYERS, ALL THE DRAGONSLAYERS!"
  • Fuck I would buy this game SO FAST.
  • Hah! That looks awesome.
  • edited August 2011
    Fuck I would buy this game SO FAST.
    If for nothing else than their funny quips.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Wow. I seemed to have inadvertently started a heated flame ware over at boardgamegeek. I started a thread in the Do it yourself section asking for advice about making my homemade Seafarers of Catan. Apparently some people think it is theft of I.P. to make a homemade board. Others are claiming the first group does not understand words or phrases like, "intellectual property", "theft" and "of". The former group's whole thing is that this game is in print and easily available. The latter's retort is, "It is not stealing i.p. He is not making money off of it, using their artwork, and he did not claim that he is the originator of the game. Also he did not break into a store and steal it"

What do you fellas think? By making a homemade version of Seafarers am I an i.p. theif?
  • What do you fellas think? By making a homemade version of Seafarers am I an i.p. theif?
    If you are making home made Settlers of Catan, yes. If you are making a game that happens to be and play just like Settlers of Catan then no.
  • Watching something you made get hits and buzz and hate has to be the most fun way possible to spend a Sunday night at home.
  • edited August 2011
    IP laws don't protect game mechanics, only the art and the exact wording of the rules printed down in the rulebook (?).

I could make a game called "Neito's kick-ass game with tons of tits and booze" that plays exactly like Settlers and I'd be totally within my legal rights as long as I didn't use any of Klaus Teuber or Mayfaire Game's artwork.

However, I'd also be a gigantic human phallus for doing that, but that's another story.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited August 2011
    IP laws don't protect game mechanics, only the art and the exact wording of the rules printed down in the rulebook (?).

I could make a game called "Neito's kick-ass game with tons of tits and booze" that plays exactly like Settlers and I'd be totally within my legal rights as long as I didn't use any of Klaus Teuber or Mayfaire Game's artwork.

However, I'd also be a gigantic human phallus for doing that, but that's another story.
    But instead of towns, they could be stripclubs! And roads could be alcohol distribution lanes!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • First day I rode my bike to work! Hells yes!
  • But instead of towns, they could be stripclubs! And roads could be alcohol distribution lanes!
    A similar game already exists.

I'm not sure but I think interface elements can be patented, such as the response wheel in Mass Effect.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm not sure but I think interface elements can be patented, such as the response wheel in Mass Effect.
    Game mechanics are expressly non-patentable (in America), so in terms of most games, I can do basically anything I wanted, as long as I don't use their assets/source code.
    Post edited by Neito on