This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• That's too short.
    I reject your answer.
  • That's too short.
    I reject your answer.
    I know that's Angelina Jolie, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look like Eddie Izzard in that pic.
  • I've been considering of cutting my hair very short to be a long pixie or long bob that is shorter than shoulder length. It would be the shortest cut I've ever had. I've been researching it for the past hour. I'm kinda excited, but kinda scared.
    DO IT! that and bubblegum pink...
    Ro, short hair is a good idea. If it looks bad, at least it grows out healthier. If it looks nice, YAY for less upkeep and more comfortable style!

On the topic of pink hair... I actually have been considering ways I could do that after seeing my pictures of Hikaru come back. I've always had a thing for pink hair, I just wasn't sure I could pull it off. Just once in my life I'd love to just have crazy multi-colored hair, but I also know about the hellish upkeep and how bad it can look when it fades. I'll probably talk to my other costume design friend who usually keeps half her bangs lavender about how worth it having crazy hair is and how much trouble it would cost me on a daily basis.

That said, Yay crazy multi-tone hair! Do that too!
    Short hair is hot.
  • edited August 2011
    I know that's Angelina Jolie, but I'll be damned if she doesn't look like Eddie Izzard in that pic.
    Well, that's how I like my women.

COVERED IN BEES.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ro, short hair is a good idea. If it looks bad, at least it grows out healthier. If it looks nice, YAY for less upkeep and more comfortable style!
    Indeed. I haven't cut my hair since March. I'm WAY past overdue. I am all for easy upkeep.
  • I reject your answer.
    COULD YOU PLEASE CHOSE PICTURES WHERE HER FACE ISN'T PURPLE? oh wait, Hackers only has purple lights.
    Short hair is hot.
    All hair lengths have hot examples (that's not one of them though).
  • Short hair is hot.
    Dude, she's just a little girl.
  • Dude, she's just a little girl.
    Those stiletto heels tell a different story.
  • edited August 2011
    Dude, she's just a little girl.
    No she's not. She's 21 now.

Edit: Also, while Emma can pull off the really short pixie, I like it a bit longer.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Amazon UK's Movers and Shakers list for Sporting goods - You can kinda tell what's on people's minds.

Most popular? A cheap Flick-down baton, which had a rise in sales of 48,621 percent. Next most popular was an aluminium baseball bat, at 24,578%
  • A woman backed into highway traffic last night, hitting my dad's motorcycle. He is in reconstructive surgery for the next several days, as every bone in his foot was broken and his ankle was smashed. He might still lose everything below the knee because the artery was severed and it's hard to create artificial circulation while the doctors are trying to repair and reset all his bones. His right orbital (eye) socket is also smashed and he's suffering from a concussion. The chief surgeon says at this point they expect him to live.
  • A woman backed into highway traffic last night, hitting my dad's motorcycle. He is in reconstructive surgery for the next several days, as every bone in his foot was broken and his ankle was smashed. He might still lose everything below the knee because the artery was severed and it's hard to create artificial circulation while the doctors are trying to repair and reset all his bones. His right orbital (eye) socket is also smashed and he's suffering from a concussion. The chief surgeon says at this point they expect him to live.
    That really sucks. I hope he gets better.
  • That really sucks. I hope he gets better.
    Thank you.

I've talked with him in the past hour, as he came out of surgery. He's very slow, but he's coherent and past the danger zone with his concussions.

There are some good signs. His eye socket isn't as badly damaged as first thought and he has feeling all through his foot, which means at least no nerve damage. He's being prepped again now for more surgery. The doctors are saying he'll likely recover and will be able to walk again, though he'll have limited movement even after several months of physical therapy. The worry is that his immune system will go into shock and won't be able to stave off infection, which could still cause a need to amputate. There are also still some issues with bleeding, mainly because the back of his foot is pretty much gone, but also because the trauma to his head is causing periodic heavy bleeds from his nose and ears.

He kept insisting he'll be here when Rylin is born.
  • 20 years ago today the first Nicktoons: Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy first aired.
  • 20 years ago today the first Nicktoons: Doug, Rugrats, and Ren & Stimpy first aired.
    Thank you for telling me that. If I'm not too lazy that will be my daily trivia category for today. :D
    Seems like only yesterday.
  • Related to Scott's comment.

Damn you, Scott Rubin! Look what you have me looking at!
  • Damn. Now I want to grow my hair out so that I can use those.
  • I bet he has long hair too, but his hair is inside his head.
  • I note the 1398 hours on TF2
  • This is what happens when you don't have real technology professionals on the job. ANN has been down since yesterday They are claiming there is a problem with their colo, and they are helpless to do anything about it. I can tell you that if either of my hosting companies, Amazon or Linode, had such an extended outage, I could have my site or my work's site back up in a couple hours. Any extended outage that isn't due to something really big that fucks up the whole Internets is a serious fail that clearly shows they don't have any real IT people.
  • I got called devil worshiper a bit too much this week. Goth + Atheist = Baby sacrificing satan lover.
  • I got called devil worshiper a bit too much this week. Goth + Atheist = Baby sacrificing satan lover.
    Gotta be like "fuck yeah, satan is awesome!"
  • My sister has a dance rehearsal today. I really hate how much makeup the girls wear for this. For fuck's sake, she's 11, not 16!
    Gotta be like "fuck yeah, satan is awesome!"
    Funny story: Did that to a proselytizer at a supermarket.

Viga "Sorry, I worship Satan."
    Jed "I'm Jewish."
    Churchy "GOD! ARE YOU SERIOUS!"
    Viga "Yeah! He's really Jewish!"
    Jed and other friends "Yeah, He is. Great. Woot!"
    Churchy "About Satan?!"
    Viga "SATAN WORKS THROUGH ME! OBVIOUSLY! HAIL SATAN!" (Metal headbanging commenced with all except churchy)
  • Funny story: Did that to a proselytizer at a supermarket.
    FTW
  • When I was fifteen, I was sitting home alone, when I get a phone call from a friend up the road. Door to door preacher incoming, he said, four houses away. You have to prank them.

I answered the door with black robes on (from a Harry Potter costume) and red food colouring on my hands. Can you come back in half an hour? I asked. The ritual is almost finished.