This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I am so in the wrong business.
    Yes, clearly you should be making black market cheese.
    It's aged for 60 days, so it's legal. :P
  • Anyone want to buy some raw Brie?

My cheese cave is a bathtub covered with a tarp.
  • Link, is he okay?

My main argument against intelligent design is that an intelligent designer would have made dogs immortal and impervious to harm.
  • Oh god. Someone is micspamming Cupcakes on the TF2 server I visit....
  • edited August 2011
    Wake up this morning, feeling tired as usual, feed next door's cat and come home. Dad's in the kitchen and I can't honestly be bothered having him have a go at me so I go back to bed.
    Wake up at 8pm and take about half an hour to build up the strength to move (Having not eaten for at least 24 hours by this point.). By the time I get up, I stagger downstairs to the kitchen and make myself something to eat before I collapse.

Dad promptly walks down into the kitchen and has a go at me. At least I can see the irony.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Getting cornered by three professors simultaneously about your research is not fun. :(
  • Getting cornered by three professors simultaneously about your research is not fun. :(
    It begins...
    It begins...
    Yeah, no problem it's only the first day. #fiveyearswillpassquicklyright?
  • edited August 2011
    Getting cornered by three professors simultaneously about your research is not fun. :(
    It begins...
    Yeah, no problem it's only the first day. #fiveyearswillpassquicklyright?
    You can commiserate with Dr. Zibbelcoot. And by commiserate, I mean "vent at her while she laughs at your misfortune."

EDIT: But at least you're surrounded by rational assholes. Me, I get irrational crazy assholes that freak out when I ask people questions.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • So you know how I do all-grain brewing? And have like 120 pounds of malted barley on hand?

Well, apparently, mice love the shit out of barley.

I'm going to kill every goddamn rodent I find. After a thorough cleaning. I wish I had a better way to store 55 lb sacks of grain.
  • So you know how I do all-grain brewing? And have like 120 pounds of malted barley on hand?

Well, apparently, mice love the shit out of barley.

I'm going to kill every goddamn rodent I find. After a thorough cleaning. I wish I had a better way to store 55 lb sacks of grain.
    What about those freestanding plastic garden equipment containers? Plastic trash barrels? PLASTIC?
  • edited August 2011
    What about those freestanding plastic garden equipment containers? Plastic trash barrels? PLASTIC?
    I take it you've never dealt with a serious mice problem. Since their teeth are enameled bone like ours, but grow constantly and need to be used for gnawing all the time to keep them from growing too long and killing the mouse, mice are adept at chewing through anything short of metal. Though rubbermaid bins might hold them off long enough that they'd likely lose interest, I've personally seen them gnaw through exposed ducting in order to get into cars. So yeah.

Go with something made from aluminum with some sort of seal for your best bet. Also, use standard wooden mousetraps to begin with, and pheromone+poison traps if the problem is really bad.

/lived in a Forest Preserve (natural mouse habitat) my whole life.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • A crazy cat lady who's tired of society looking down on her so she buys a van, loads her army of cats into it and unleashes it upon mouse infested areas as a way of making a living.
  • Also, use standard wooden mousetraps to begin with, and pheromone+poison traps if the problem is really bad.
    I went straight to poison and used some of the grain to bait them. And yeah, I'm thinking the trash cans or other metal containers would probably be a good idea.
  • And yeah, I'm thinking the trash cans or other metal containers would probably be a good idea.
    Yes.
    You could also get a kitty. That's what millers used to do.
  • And yeah, I'm thinking the trash cans or other metal containers would probably be a good idea.
    Yes.
    You could also get a kitty. That's what millers used to do.

I think my childhood would question the soundness of that idea.
  • Yeah, no problem it's only the first day. #fiveyearswillpassquicklyright?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha! Oh man I needed a good laugh, thanks. ^_^
  • You could also get a kitty. That's what millers used to do.
    There's a beer called Old Tom Ale, named after the cat that the brewery bought to keep out the mice.
  • Protip: Cats (and most other pets that don't inhabit a terrarium or aquarium) actually encourage mice. When the cat is asleep, mice will eat the dry food and drink water from dishes. Also, a cat can handle one mouse at a time. Usually, there are many more.

I'm not saying don't get a kitty (our last cat was a vicious mouser, and earned her keep), but I am saying that if you do, set wood traps and mouseproof anyway.
  • rotip: Cats (and most other pets that don't inhabit a terrarium or aquarium) actually encourage mice. When the cat is asleep, mice will eat the dry food and drink water from dishes. Also, a cat can handle one mouse at a time. Usually, there are many more.
    Actually, unless the mice have a parasite, the smell of the cat urine keeps them away.
  • Not in my experience. From what I've seen, confining the cat urine to a litterbox often keeps that from working as well as it might. We've found mice evidence in our pantry despite always having a cat. Bale-top food storage jars mostly eliminated that problem, but cat urine will not solve your mouse problem if you have sacks of grain sitting around and ample hiding space. Theoretically you could spray synthetic cat urine near your storage, but honestly, who wants to deal with the stink?

Mice suck.
  • Cats schmats. We have to dachshunds. They're build for rodent-murder.
    If I knew the mice wouldn't likely have horrible diseases, I'd totally lend you Malcolm and Zoe.
  • edited August 2011
    Manga UK gets BBFC to rate extras on Dragonball Z DVDs, doesn't think it will get construed as them picking up the series.

To sum up how dumb this is, it costs a frankly silly amount of cash to submit any material to the BBFC for rating, so Manga UK don't have the money to be pissing it on this sort of dumb shit.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • edited August 2011
    Thats bullshit. Man nowadays I would never buy a new game there. Maybe a really cheap used game but nothing substantial. If I'm going to give my money to an evil company I'd rather it be Walmart. They're evil and dumb, but not nearly as dickish. Then again I just buy everything from amazon nowadays.

Also, who buys boxed pc games? I thought everyone just used steam by now.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited August 2011
    People still buy boxed PC games? Steam has been around for some 6 years now!
    EDIT: Beat me to it NinjaRabbi!
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • I tried to give blood today, but I didn't pass the hemoglobin/iron test. I eat a diet with a lot of iron in it and take a supplement. WTF? I made another appointment for a different time of day, so hopefully I will test better in the evening. I vow that I will not greedily hold on to my O+.
  • edited August 2011
    Perhaps, it's your body telling you it wants you to keep your O+. I can't donate blood because I lived in Germany over two decades ago. Some BS about Mad cow something or other.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited August 2011
    Perhaps, it's your body telling you it wants you to keep your O+. I can't donate blood because I lived in Germany over two decades ago. Some BS about Mad cow something or other.
    Yeah, it is just Mad Cow disease. No biggie. :p
    Post edited by Kate Monster on