This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• For stubble, I just use my shaving machine. But for long hairs, I make one pass with the sideburn trimmer on my backup shaving machine, then I use my regular shaver.
  • edited September 2011
    If you're going to attempt to crash a wedding, don't show up in an urban teenager's impression of what they think would be appropriate to heading to a hip-hop festival.
    Also, make sure everyone else is not dressed in black tie/tuxedo apparel.
    Also, if it's a Jewish wedding, make sure you aren't the only two black guys there.
    Also, don't ask the father of the bride to get booze for you.
    Also, probably a good idea to make sure the groom and most of the groomsmen aren't from the county police department of the county you are in.
    Fail is for least successful attempt at wedding crashing ever. My mom was on those two morons in seconds. They literally barely made it through the doors in the hotel room. They tried to say that they thought it was 'just a party'. Sure. Right in one of the nicest hotels in old-town Alexandria, VA. You think the one woman in a bridal gown would have clued those two in. They were extremely lucky it was my mom who ushered them out in no uncertain terms and not one of the giant police officers in the bridal party.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited September 2011
    If you're going to attempt to crash a wedding, don't show up in an urban teenager's impression of what they think would be appropriate to heading to a hip-hop festival.
    Also, make sure everyone else is not dressed in black tie/tuxedo apparel.
    Also, if it's a Jewish wedding, make sure you aren't the only two black guys there.
    Also, don't ask the father of the bride to get booze for you.
    Also, probably a good idea to make sure the groom and most of the groomsmen aren't from the county police department of the county you are in.
    Fail is for least successful attempt at wedding crashing ever. My mom was on those two morons in seconds. They literally barely made it through the doors in the hotel room. They tried to say that they thought it was 'just a party'. Sure. Right in one of the nicest hotels in old-town Alexandria, VA. You think the one woman in a bridal gown would have clued those two in. They were extremely lucky it was my mom who ushered them out in no uncertain terms and not one of the giant police officers in the bridal party.
    People are dumb.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited September 2011
    So today this card from an upcoming set of Magic was spoiled (sorry, no trimmed image available):

Queue the morons going "that's gay", and "i don't care if men look like girls, keep corsets on doods out of magic." (actual quote). Of course art with women in chainmail and fur bikinis is perfectly fine.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited September 2011
    At least there seems to be a strong back-back-lash in that thread.

Looking at that again and I just see a Rocky Horror reference.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited September 2011
    I managed to break one of my Harmony Wood #4s sometime without noticing and can't work on my TARDIS. Reason to buy a set (and not store them on the floor at the foot of my bed)? If I do should I just the the set of circulars?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • You can do it without cuts. But, if you have curly (therefore, coarse) hair like me, you get razor bumps. And if you get razor bumps, may god have mercy on your soul.

Fuckin razor bumps. I HAD to switch to a brush and safety razor, because cartridge razors are too dull. They fuck up my face every time. .
    Isnt a safety razor a cartridge razor? Do you mean a straight razor?
  • edited September 2011

Take it from a man who shaves his coarse hair five o'clock once every week or so. Always use a sharp blade (I replace mine after one or two shaves). Always make sure you have a good lather. I like to use a mug and build up the lather in it with my brush for a good bit. Always make sure your blade is wet. Make smooth, deliberate passes.
    Know the direction of your hair growth and shave first with the grain, then against.

EDIT: Also, don't use shit like this.

Use one of these:

I highly recommend Sandalwood, but Lavender also works well.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • If you want to be pedantic, he meant double edge safety razor. But colloquially they are different.
  • You can do it without cuts. But, if you have curly (therefore, coarse) hair like me, you get razor bumps. And if you get razor bumps, may god have mercy on your soul.

Fuckin razor bumps. I HAD to switch to a brush and safety razor, because cartridge razors are too dull. They fuck up my face every time. .
    No. Safety razors use double sided razor blades, which are sharp as fuck and cost $4 for a pack of twelve. The head of the razor screws down to lock the blade in place. Blades last for a month or more. Cartridge razors are like the Mach 3; the blades cost $15 for four, are fairly dull relative to their safety and straight razor cousins, and need to be replaced biweekly.
  • Man up grow a beard.
  • Blades last for a month or more.
    You should be changing your blade weekly, depending on your shaving frequency.
  • Man up grow a beard.
    Or use a straight razor.
    That is fucking manly. And I hear tell it gives you the closest shave ever.
  • Man up grow a beard.
    Or use a straight razor.
    That is fucking manly. And I hear tell it gives you the closest shave ever.
    It will also deal you a swift, bloody death.
  • Blades last for a month or more.
    You should be changing your blade weekly, depending on your shaving frequency.
    I usually don't have any problems with the blade lasting less than four shaves. After four, I change it. No one ever told me a hard and fast rule about blade changing, and I'm not of the mind that there really is one.
  • I usually don't have any problems with the blade lasting less than four shaves. After four, I change it. No one ever told me a hard and fast rule about blade changing, and I'm not of the mind that there really is one.
    Again, it depends on your frequency, blade quality, and hair, but if you shave everyday it will last about a week. I think the average is six normal shaves.
  • edited September 2011
    I usually don't have any problems with the blade lasting less than four shaves. After four, I change it. No one ever told me a hard and fast rule about blade changing, and I'm not of the mind that there really is one.
    Again, it depends on your frequency, blade quality, and hair, but if you shave everyday it will last about a week. I think the average is six normal shaves.
    Yeah, I figured. I only shave once every week (despite being coarse as hell, my facial hair comes in platinum blond) so that's where I get my figure. Like you said, YMMV.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2011
    Sweeney Depp
    I see you and raise.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Sweeney Depp
    I see you and raise.
    Is that a Nekomimi Mrs. Lovett?
  • Sweeney Todd Tank Police.
  • You know what Windy. I think I love you.
  • You know what Windy. I think I love you.
  • Fail of the Day: Republican Debate, it was the derpest debate so far with people railing against vaccinations and cheering for someone not being able to afford medical care because they didn't buy insurance.
  • people railing against vaccinations
    ARGHWARGARBLEHWGRUIP HJEUIPGFWEJIO{ aghIGUOEHGEHOIejgoprgnepioag hghi erahig higreguihghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ARGHWARGARBLEHWGRUIP HJEUIPGFWEJIO{ aghIGUOEHGEHOIejgoprgnepioag hghi erahig higreguihghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    But they cause autism! It's injecting poison into your body!
    But they cause autism! It's injecting poison into your body!
    See they think that vaccines make their children autistic and they do not want no faggy kids drawing and doing art work. Art is for fags and they want their kids to be the footsball heroes and cheerleaders. Leave the arts for the nerds and fags.
  • But they cause autism! It's injecting poison into your body!
    That's not the argument being made here. Outwardly, they claim it's a violation of a citizen's rights to require them to take vaccinations. There is also an implicit argument that by giving the HPV vaccine to young girls, you are condoning sexual activity at that age. Both are pretty WTF regardless.
  • Fail of the Day: Republican Debate, it was the derpest debate so far with people railing against vaccinations and cheering for someone not being able to afford medical care because they didn't buy insurance.
    I just threw up in my mouth.