This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Bought a Japanese hobbykit from Maker and a switch is broken. Goodbye wire recorder, I hardly knew ye.

At least, goodbye until I can figure out how to remove the switch so I can solder on a new one.
    Easymodo: open the case and look at the board. Look for the pins that attach to the switch. Use jumpers to short those pins through a new toggle switch, and mount the toggle switch somewhere on the body. A Dremel will be helpful for drilling and sanding.
  • Bought a Japanese hobbykit from Maker and a switch is broken. Goodbye wire recorder, I hardly knew ye.

At least, goodbye until I can figure out how to remove the switch so I can solder on a new one.
    Is it stuck permanently on? If it isn't, why not just bypass it with another switch?
  • edited September 2011
    I can't see where the switch is connected because it is glued to the board and the casing on the switch blocks my view. I'd probably have to pry it off.

[Edit] Think I have an educated guess. Gonna get a new switch tomorrow.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So, I think Steam is being throttled. Or something. After trying numerous times, Steam downloads will work great for all of 10 seconds, then go downhill.
  • Sometimes it just gets busy.
  • Yeah, I know. I'm just frustrated.
  • edited September 2011
    Sometimes it just gets busy.
    It's called free portal for everyone.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Sometimes it just gets busy.
    It's called free portal for everyone.
    That, and a 3GB TF2 update.
  • edited September 2011
    So. The UK probably will not honor my US-written prescription for anticonvulsant drugs. You know, the type that stop seizures from happening. Now I have to go to a GP at the University and hope they don't fuck with my medication or prescriptions. And then likely pay for all that shit. So...that's dandy.

I wonder if someone in the US can just FedEx me 60-day supplies at a time. It's not scheduled, so it'll probably be fine.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited September 2011
    So. The UK probably will not honor my US-written prescription for anticonvulsant drugs. You know, the type that stop seizures from happening. Now I have to go to a GP at the University and hope they don't fuck with my medication or prescriptions. And then likely pay for all that shit. So...that's dandy.
    If it's a GP visit, you won't have to pay for it, most likely - Most doctors offices there are not even set up to handle money properly. You might have to pay for full on hospital visits, but I never went to the hospital, so I can't really tell you on that score. Also, many drugs are government subsidized - for example, Sumatriptan is - apparently - about 90 bucks for two pills in California, or so I'm told, but in the UK, it's about six pounds for a full box.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Christian comic shop owner threatens to boycott comic books by Grant Morrison because Superman blasphemed *gasp*
  • So. The UK probably will not honor my US-written prescription for anticonvulsant drugs. You know, the type that stop seizures from happening. Now I have to go to a GP at the University and hope they don't fuck with my medication or prescriptions. And then likely pay for all that shit. So...that's dandy.
    Dude, go to the GP. They will re-diagnose you and then give you the prescription. My girlfriend has the a thyroid problem and requires continues medication. So long as you can prove that you have a problem then they will be happy to accommodate. We have a national health service which is alright so you should be ok.
  • Christian comic shop owner threatens to boycott comic books by Grant Morrison because Superman blasphemed *gasp*
    The last few paragraphs of that article were pure gold.
  • Apparently the sport of boxing has become a contest as to who can be the least sports-man like.
  • edited September 2011
    Apparently the sport of boxing has become a contest as to who can be the least sports-man like.
    And people wander why the general public is gravitating towards MMA, something like that happens in the UFC, and Dana White would have stripped him of all fight earnings, and after he showed no remorse he would have probably been kicked out or suspended.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Disqualify both of them.
  • Disqualify both of them.
    Unfortunately, what Mayweather did was within the rules. It was a total bitch move though.
  • So, you know that chick I'm into that I shouldn't be into? She got into a heated, drunken argument about me with her boyfriend. Right next to me. In the back seat of a cramped car. There comes point where drama goes from awkward and sad to hilarious, and I crossed that line last night.
  • Unfortunately, what Mayweather did was within the rules. It was a total bitch move though.
    I don't really think so, the ref was still talking to the judges about the point, he didn't really say go! or Box! no hand gesture to officially initiate the fight. What Ortiz did is inexcusable, but what Mayweather did was not only inexcusable but a complete bitch move. To add to it, he went off and gave shit to the HBO announcer that was about to interview him, even if he was right about the man never giving him a fair chance, it's his job, and HBO is writing part of your paycheck.
  • edited September 2011
    It's cool. The Pacman will be taking care of Mayweather all in good time.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • It's cool. The Pacman will be taking care of Mayweather all in good time.
    Nah, everyone knows Mayweather protects his undefeated status by fighting popular but not great fighters, and every time he has come close to fight someone that might actually beat him, his manager finds a loophole in the contract or they have "issues" with the contract, blood tests, weight, etc.
  • Can anyone say what happened in the clip? It's been pulled.
    One dude headbutted the other dude, then during the "apology", the dude that got headbutted punked the guy who headbutted him by punching him in his face twice and he went down.
  • I discovered yellow jackets flying in and out of a hole under my front porch. Sprayed it with Raid for hornets, and bigger ones have started coming out and flying away. Dunno if this is a good sign or a bad one.
  • Its a bad one of they all start attacking you.
  • Or if they conjugate and become a giant man-shaped being that points at you and hisses/growls/speaks.
  • Managed to transfer 2,200€ to the wrong fucking bank account. Gonna be fun going to the bank and trying to fix that today :(
    One dude headbutted the other dude, then during the "apology", the dude that got headbutted punked the guy who headbutted him by punching him in his face twice and he went down.
    They had already touched gloves, Ortiz already apologized once, he should have been paying attention. Mayweather might be an ass, but he didn't do anything wrong.
  • Fail room mate has crossed lines that should never have even been approached. She is no longer a person to us, merely a broken appliance. A problem for management, not us.
  • Student thought they could get away with ruining art supplies, drawing/painting on tables, and shoving me. Time to start a campaign of 'let me show you how wrong you are'.