This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Art Attack! Part II: The Revenge of the Finished Pieces!

Comments

• There's an art-attack themed thing in St. Louis in three weeks. Apparently a friend of mine is competing. Very tempting...
  • A self portrait done in class.
  • Oh, hello Tyrone.
  • The Tyrone version should be black with angry faces and guns.
  • Not my arts, just stuff from the painting studio at uni (last one is best one).
  • Link, playing accordion. Fast little thing I did tonight, instead of sleeping or studying.
  • I did four arts of one Stephen Fry formy 2d design class. There are some errors that really stick out when they're all together like this, but fuck it. Color schemes were (starting top-left going clockwise): tertiary, complimentary, mono-chromatic, and analogous.
  • edited December 2011
    How would I go about commissioning you guys to create some art for a card game prototype I'm working on? You guys are all talented, and I don't really trust anyone else with a project like this. It's nothing big or complex, but I'd like to add a bit more talent to the art than just my crappy sketching.

I would honestly appreciate any help!
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • edited December 2011
    Hey guys, thought you might wanna know that Autocad Sketchbook Mobile is on sale for $0.10 in the android market.
    Edit: Nevermind
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I made a stencil for my sister and her fiance. One is classical cellist named David, and the other is an English major named Ivy.

Now I just have to figure out what to put it on.
  • I love it! That's a really clever idea to make a symbol like that.
  • The finished product:

• While I think centaurs are kinda cool, do not want.
  • edited January 2012

Just finished it last night.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited February 2012
    Adventure Time Wednesday by The Walker

I made a podcast.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I made a podcast.
    If you don't succeed with your endeavors, you can always do audiobooks dude.

• edited February 2012
    I made a podcast.
    If you don't succeed with your endeavors, you can always should do audiobooks dude.
    Fixed.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • edited February 2012
    A costume design for work. This is up on the Kickstarter page, so I can post it and let people see it. BTW, tomorrow is the last day, so if you want into the Beta, here is where you should go!
    Copyright Muse Games, btw.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I just got an email with that :D
  • edited February 2012
    Oh hey, the finished pieces thread again, well that can only mean ponies! Something i did at the end of last year, not too happy with some of it, but think it turned out alright.

Photobucket
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • If that is your definition of alright I want to see what you call outstanding.
  • If that is your definition of alright I want to see what you call outstanding.
    If you haven't submitted that to Equestria Daily yet, I think you should do so. It looks really good, and you'll get a flood of mostly positive comments.
  • edited February 2012
    I just got an email with that :D
    I'm in a bad mood because people on Kickstarter were saying it was dorky. (I'm sorry I'm not as good as Naomi, guys. What do you want from me?) I woke up this morning and now I am bummed out. This is what I get for volunteering to work on the weekend.

• I see no problem with what you made. I think it looks awesome.. Don't take their criticism to heart. I thought the hat looks fine. Not everything steam punk needs to come with fucking goggles. Geez.
  • edited February 2012
    Thing is, it will come with goggles. I can't put them on his neck or top of head, because of the way customization works. I could have put them covering his eyes, like they would be if worn in game, but I decided not to.

Anyway, thanks Ro. I feel better.
  • I can't take any credit for this one beyond recording it, but here's how my friend Danny became a hitchhiking gypsy. He's been on the road for three years now, living out of a backpack.

Danny's Story by The Walker
  • Oh right, I guess I did this.
    Eridan
    Eridan is super fun to draw.
  • "Coddamn"
    I see what you did there.

Very nice.
  • edited March 2012
    Homestuck is probably the most obtuse fandom I have ever run across, and I've seen some doozies. I can never tell what people are on about.
    Best I can tell, all the trolls have bucket sex with each other, and even then I have no idea what that even means. It has way too many made-up words and way too many pages for me to even begin to understand. Not that it is bad, just I don't get it at all. I need someone to explain.