This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Stoplight idiots don't bother me as much as left-lane drivers. It's called the "passing lane" for a reason, you fucking morons. The US should be like Germany and should stop and ticket drivers who use it improperly.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You know what game I actually want to play the sequel of? Metro 2033. The game wasn't fantastic, but among first-person shooters I actually liked the stealth gameplay quite a bit. And throwing knives into things was probably my favorite way of killing people. Especially the big gorilla things. Somehow throwing five knives at them (preferably headshots) as fast as you could was more effective than any other weapon.
  • They're making it. Looks like summer 2013, maybe a little earlier.
  • No, no, no. My favorite is stopped at a light with someone next to you waiting at the same light to go straight. Throughout the duration of the red light, they keep edging their car more and more, thinking that will trigger a change in the light. Then when light changes, it turns green for another direction, and they keep edging. Finally when the light turns green for us, I accelerate normally and still see them stopped at the light or barely accelerating from the stopped position.

Seriously. Why do people do that? I don't get it.
    Oh my god, I was sitting behind a person doing this a few nights ago. I have never seen someone do that before. It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
  • No, no, no. My favorite is stopped at a light with someone next to you waiting at the same light to go straight. Throughout the duration of the red light, they keep edging their car more and more, thinking that will trigger a change in the light. Then when light changes, it turns green for another direction, and they keep edging. Finally when the light turns green for us, I accelerate normally and still see them stopped at the light or barely accelerating from the stopped position.

Oh my god, I was sitting behind a person doing this a few nights ago. I have never seen someone do that before. It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
    I'll edge on lights that I know the timing on, or if I can see that the cross-traffic light is changing, but otherwise it's pretty stupid, especially when they don't take off immediately.
  • I edge on lights constantly, because I am a race car driver and can go faster that way.
  • edited February 2012
    No, no, no. My favorite is stopped at a light with someone next to you waiting at the same light to go straight. Throughout the duration of the red light, they keep edging their car more and more, thinking that will trigger a change in the light. Then when light changes, it turns green for another direction, and they keep edging. Finally when the light turns green for us, I accelerate normally and still see them stopped at the light or barely accelerating from the stopped position.

I'll edge on lights that I know the timing on, or if I can see that the cross-traffic light is changing, but otherwise it's pretty stupid, especially when they don't take off immediately.
    The person I was behind started edging immediately after stopping at the light. I was behind them, and I could see the cross-traffic light was nowhere near changing. And then when the light did turn green, they were going so slow that everyone switched lanes to pass them. The worst.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • NA NA NA NA NA NA NA DOOMRIDER!

I DO COCAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNE!
  • After much deliberation, it's been decided that the opposite of orgy is John Candy's twat.
  • Seriously considering making a custom mod for Skyrim, now that the mod builder is available free... I'd have some random friends of mine record a line of dialogue, and replace a few random one-liners that the guards and other various people say with that line. I would then stealthily apply the mod to my friends' copies of Skyrim so they won't notice the mod.

The line? "You're in a coma. Wake up."
  • I don't get it.
  • If you entered your name in the original Black and White, and it was one of the top 100 most popular boys or girls names in England, while the game would normally make that creepy "Death" sound when your villagers died, it would instead play your name, but only in the early morning between 2AM and 4AM.
  • Seriously considering making a custom mod for Skyrim, now that the mod builder is available free... I'd have some random friends of mine record a line of dialogue, and replace a few random one-liners that the guards and other various people say with that line. I would then stealthily apply the mod to my friends' copies of Skyrim so they won't notice the mod.

The line? "You're in a coma. Wake up."
    Fuckyes.
  • I don't get it.
    This is a dream, Dovakiin. Your family is waiting. Don't leave them.

• If you entered your name in the original Black and White, and it was one of the top 100 most popular boys or girls names in England, while the game would normally make that creepy "Death" sound when your villagers died, it would instead play your name, but only in the early morning between 2AM and 4AM.
    I require video evidence of this, because this is an amazing thought. Youtube and google are turning up nothing.
  • There's this sort of surge of memes on Facebook today which is making said website look like a bastard child of 4chan, Reddit, and MySpace. There's all these "[University] meme" groups now, shitting up the place.

Bubble's about to burst, methinks.
  • "He worked at a gay bar for dyslexic catholics called 'Lent Lasow' but everyone just called it Stonewall."
  • edited February 2012
    I could have sworn that the D&D arcade games had meat in them, but I can't find it in any screenshot. There's nothing on that table!

Post edited by Apreche on
  • You think I don't have dreams? Last night I dreamed a baby ate my hair.
  • I have been meaning to say this since I picked this up on Monday. I finally got some Sriracha sauce and I have to say that stuff is great. The only drawback I am having with it is that I used half the bottle by Wednesday so I am waiting until go pick some more up before using it again. Thanks for the recommendation WindUpBird.
  • No problem, fellow spicy guy. I'm working on making my own ultrahot chili oil to outspice Sriracha; I'll let you know how that goes.
  • I've been having terrible random heartburn recently. I have no idea what causes it. I had spaghetti with meatballs and then a cup of tea (which I have been drinking daily for weeks) and my insides felt like they were on fire for around an hour.
  • I've been having terrible random heartburn recently. I have no idea what causes it. I had spaghetti with meatballs and then a cup of tea (which I have been drinking daily for weeks) and my insides felt like they were on fire for around an hour.
    Tomato sauce is a very common cause, particularly if other factors are also at play.

Also:

1. Overeating.
    2. Too little sleep.
    3. Stress (which can also be caused by #2).

• Greasy food always does it to me, and spaghetti and meatballs can be very greasy depending on how it's prepared.
  • Tomato sauce is a very common cause, particularly if other factors are also at play.

Also:

1. Overeating.
    2. Too little sleep.
    3. Stress (which can also be caused by #2).
    Thanks. Trying to sort out all the information on something as vague as "Heartburn" on the Interwebs is difficult. Each time I end up asking the Internet, I end up discovering I have Crohn's Disease or cancer.

I think the too little sleep may be a part of it. I've cut back my sleep to 6 hours or so a night for stupid reasons (reading mostly).

• Kim Jong-Un might have been assassinated.
  • That seems somewhat unlikely.
  • I'll wait for the BBC to say something, but Twitter is going cray cray. They say he was assassinated in China.
  • This shit was already posted in the Current Events thread.