This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• Wait wait wait woah woah woah... how does gifting take this bullshit into account? Surely Steam must not allow gifting across countries, or there would be a grey market of people buying games for Australian cohorts...
    Are you being sarcastic, or are you unaware? I know Grey gifted me a copy of ES when I was in the UK partly to circumvent that, and I know people have gifted Omnu shit in exchange for PayPal money when the US had exclusive sales.

(Aside: Grey, I know I still owe you back for ES, and I said I'd hit you back during the sale. Let me know, bro; I'm defs good for $30 now that I'm back in the US and employed.)
  • edited July 2012
    Wait wait wait woah woah woah... how does gifting take this bullshit into account? Surely Steam must not allow gifting across countries, or there would be a grey market of people buying games for Australian cohorts...
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but Nope, it does allow that gifting, and while I don't know about a grey market, it is certainly a common practice to do so.

Edit- Eh, missed the next page and Wub. It happens.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • In my case, quite literally a Grey Market.
  • edited July 2012
    Damn Steam Summer Sale. My Steam library probably doubled in size since it began (though to be honest, I didn't have much before it). Haven't bought many triple A titles though. Only Borderlands, Civ V, Allan Wake, Bioshock 2, Fallout: New Vegas, and Mirror's Edge. Most of what I bought so far are adventure games like the Pendulo Studios pack (only 15€ for the next 8 hours) and the Back to the Future series from Telltale Games (yes, I like point and Click adventures, sue me).

Also bought The Binding of Isaac, but haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet. I also got Dear Esther because it was recommended as "interesting" by the guys from Extra Credits, and it was only 2€. Beyond Good and Evil was bought for similar reasons, because everyone tells me how good that game is and I haven't played it yet. Has much more recommendations than Dear Esther though.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I also got Dear Esther because it was recommended as "interesting" by the guys from Extra Credits, and it was only 2€.
    I just bought it because Edmund McMillen made a post on Tumblr calling it one of the best games of the year. And since Isaac was one of my favorite games of last year and Meat Boy the year before, I trusted him.
  • edited July 2012
    So I went through the "Games you might not have tried" videos by the Extra Credits crew (1, 2, 3, 4) and also picked up Rock of Ages and Xotic, both for under 6 bucks together. I also plan on getting Lone Survivor and Bastion, but I'll wait to see if there may be another reduction. Else I'll get them on the 22nd or 23rd just before the sale ends.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • You coulda gotten both Bastion and Lone Survivor in the last Humbe Bundle :/
  • Dudes, EU3 is 75% off for the next two hours, European History nerds, go forth and lose those countless hours that you probably didn't really need anyways.

Also, there appears to be a memory leak in my video drivers that prevents me from playing Saints Row above the lowest seconds. Fuck you, AMD, and your shitty, shitty laptop support.
  • Nope, that was genuine ignorance stimulated by a few too many drinks last night. Interesting stuff...

Also, way too on the fence over Skyrim. My mentality is usually don't bother buying anything for more than $20, but... it's Skyrim...
  • edited July 2012
    You missed the daily deal on Skyrim. $30 for the whole shebang. I was willing to pay that for a Bethesda game.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I will buy Skyrim when it's $4. ^_~
  • Europa Universalis III is the Dwarf Fortress of Civilization games.
  • Except that Dwarf Fortress is the Dwarf Fortress of civilization games.
  • You missed the daily deal on Skyrim. $30 for the whole shebang. I was willing to pay that for a Bethesda game.
    I see it as still up for $29.79 until 8 AM PDT.
  • edited July 2012
    You missed the daily deal on Skyrim. $30 for the whole shebang. I was willing to pay that for a Bethesda game.
    I see it as still up for $29.79 until 8 AM PDT.
    Yeah, I didn't see that it was a Community Choice pick.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
    What about... $5?
    What about... $5?
    I wouldn't get $5 of fun out of it. ;^)

• edited July 2012
    Arkham City for $10, exactly what I was waiting for. Only thing left on my shopping list is Stacking.

[Edit] Oh shit! Stacking is flashing for $3.74, perfect. All my dreams are coming true today.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I still want to get Witcher 2 and possibly ARMA II if it is on a better sale.
  • Wargames is the best RTS on the market FYI
  • If you don't already have aaaaaaaa a reckless disregard for gravity, aaaaaAaaaaaAaaaaaaaAaaaaa!!!!! For the Awesome is worth the price.
  • I played the first one after a previous sale and had a lot of fun with it. I hit my breaking point with the difficulty after clearing half of the levels though, and just didn't feel like playing enough to get better. Still got a huge value for the ridiculously low price it sold for, and I'd recommend it to people.
  • edited July 2012
    I highly recommend everyone pick up the Double Fine games they don't have right now while they're under $4. Psychonauts and Costume Quest are both wonderful, and I'm sure Stacking is too. You can also get the whole pack for under $7.50.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Oh god, today's Indie bundle got me. I didn't have any of the games.
  • edited July 2012
    I was thinking about buying some of the Company of Heroes games, and I found out some amusing facts:
    1) It's actually cheaper in Australia than in the U.S., for once.
    2) The individual games in the pack add up to 1c less than the Complete Pack
    3) With Australian prices, the cheapest option is CoH Gold + Tales of Valor, which is $9.98 total.

I guess no one put any thought into these prices.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • They're pretty fun if you haven't played them. I can't speak on any expansions but the core game was pretty fun.
  • I'm kinda annoyed there's no discount on Ticket to Ride, other than being in the Indie pack today, for some reason. #firstworldproblems, for sure, but still.
  • Bioshock is only 5€ for the next 9 hours on steam. More than worth it.
  • I finally caved and bought something. Got Shoot Many Robots and Dear Esther for $2.50 each.
  • Bioshock is only 5€ for the next 9 hours on steam. More than worth it.
    Ditto Just Cause 2. Definitely worth $3.75