This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• A good divorce is good for your health.
    It really, really was. I just didn't know it at the time. :-)

She went on to move in with the old college boyfriend she'd been cheating on me with for 6 months, then moved to another state with him, where he promptly lost his job. She supported him for a few years, had a kid with him, and now she and kid live with her parents in her old bedroom.

Schadenfreude, I has some.
  • Today was my last day at karate before shipping off to college, so the guys got me a cake, card, and Amazon gift card. The sentiment is really nice, because I was 12-13 when I joined the adult class and almost everyone else is in their mid 20s or later (2 just got married to each other and several have kids), so they've always been interesting and cool friends to have. I've known most of them for several years longer than I've known even my closest high school friends.

Plus, the gift card will fund the new pair of headphones I'm planning to get. Or cover most of the cost of a 3DS. Either way.

TL;DR: My adult karate friends are the best.
  • Fooling around with the NS2 editor. This is much more complex room shaping than is usually done but I was trying to root out the quirks.
  • edited September 2012
    My financial aid disbursement arrived Friday so today I bought all the things I budgeted for the semester.

I got a Mongoose Ledge to replace my bike that I found out was un-fixable due to no more parts.

Got a Xaphoon and reeds. A xaphoon is a little instrument that has a sound somewhere between an alto sax and a clarinet.

And two Giant Squid Audio Lab lavaliere mics. They're $40 a pop and, based on several videos and reviews, sound much better than the comparable Audio Technica.

Boo Yah!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • And here's a zaphoon video -

• I'm in my dorm.

This also counts as a sentence I never thought I'd say. :3
  • edited September 2012
    New Scientist is running a story about the app I developed!

Crappy registration / subscription required :-( but link to our site in the preview :-).
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I am full of steak and potato and bacon. Happy labor day. ^_^
  • George, you're preemptively full, you're gonna have to do it again tomorrow.
  • Although it was pulled from the app store, Google Listen can still be downloaded online.
  • George, you're preemptively full, you're gonna have to do it again tomorrow.
    Sadly I won't have the chance tomorrow, hence doing it today.
  • edited September 2012
    Columbia seems to have improved their dorm internet over the summer. Check those uploads.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • That reminds me. I should activate the wired jack in my room.
    Columbia seems to have improved their dorm internet over the summer. Check those uploads.
    I was going to gloat until I saw your upload :(
  • Officially moved into my first apartment and while the internet hasn't been installed yet we have been rocking the board games quite hard, with a 4 hour game of eclipse having just been played.
  • edited September 2012

And that's just over the wireless.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Not this again...
  • Or just fucking stop. No one gives a shit anymore about your either good or bad connection.
  • Or just fucking stop. No one gave a shit ever about your either good or bad connection.
  • Or just fucking stop. No one gave a shit ever about you.
  • Bill Nye is coming to speak at my College on the 20th
  • Bill Nye is coming to speak at my College on the 20th
    I saw him at my friend's school. It was pretty good.
  • The Andrew Jackson Jihad show I thought was 18+ turned out to be all ages!
  • After nearly a year of volunteering(8 different events total!), I got offered my first paid festival gig :D
  • Wow, a metro commute to work is so easy. I think I'm gonna hafta move into the city. I'm sitting in stop and go traffic reading the forums on my tablet through Tethered phone internet. So much nicer than driving.
  • Wow, a metro commute to work is so easy. I think I'm gonna hafta move into the city. I'm sitting in stop and go traffic reading the forums on my tablet through Tethered phone internet. So much nicer than driving.
    Yeah!

Driving is a joy when it's not to and from work, but I have no desire to ever commute via car again (unless said commute is through the wilderness to the beach). ;^)
  • Graphics card is back, and all is happy within the house of Alex's Desktop once more.