This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• Why did we ever learn fedora?
  • Well we had to replace tackle with something because that definitely wasn't the right way to go.
  • I dunno, enough crazy dudes/dudettes exist that tackle is a good defensive maneuver.
  • I think the joke was that geeks fail at fighting.
  • Given who we have on here, I think Axel is more on the mark.
  • edited September 2013
    You all seem to have understood that joke in a significantly less appalling way than I did.
    Related: Grey, you owe me a new keyboard.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • We could flash back and I could start mentioning religion again, if you all are that nostalgic.
    Nah, that would shatter their strawman Christian.
    Well, I hold all supernatural beliefs in basically equal contempt, so the only "christian" that wouldn't catch argument fire is a purely cultural one who is actually atheist. ;^)
    Depending on which specific aspects of culture we're talking about, that kind of "Christian" would probably still deserve criticism.
  • edited September 2013
    Ding!
    FRCF leveled up! FRCF is trying to learn "self-reflection", but can't know more than four moves! Forget a move?

FRCF forgot "fedora"! FRCF learned "self-reflection"!
    SO MUCH HEART.

Post edited by Nuri on
  • romantic life [...] Jovian storm
    Sounds good to me!
  • Next month, I'll have been a member of this forum for seven years. I've spent the tail end of my teenage years and all of my "adult" life thus far on this forum.

I couldn't have asked for better role models. You guys are all awesome.
  • Next month, I'll have been a member of this forum for seven years. I've spent the tail end of my teenage years and all of my "adult" life thus far on this forum.

I have little time to read and even less to post these days, but this. This one thousand times.

I have little time to read and even less to post these days, but this. This one thousand times.
    Indeed.

Also, in before everyone starts measuring their e-peen by how long they've been a member of the forum.

Indeed.

Also, in before everyone starts measuring their e-peen by how long they've been a member of the forum.

Top 3 E-Peens = Me, Pete, Katsu
  • Flamming e-peen

• edited September 2013
    I joined this forum when I was like 12 I think.

Edit: 13 & 1 month.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I would happily pay for a saved search function again or a tagged post function for saving. The reason for this is mainly to reference good points on discussions that I try to bring up when discussing certain subjects with people that are outside of the forum.

There are some searches that are too vague that I won't ever be able to find that specific post or discussion.
  • edited September 2013
    Speaking of, where has Katsu been? I haven't seen him on the forum for ages.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I feel like I should get honourary e-peen status for joining at the youngest age.
  • While it is a bit of epeen, it's strange to think I've been coming here for six years...

I've known some of you longer than I've known people who have become very close friends.

Indeed.

Don't forget that I have the first post.

Is "first post" even a thing anymore?
  • It's always odd when I get reminded of how long I've been here - I joined the forum as a freshman in high school, and soon I'm going to be getting a bachelor's degree. You guys have done a shitload for shaping the way I think of myself. (Although you guys being this awesome doesn't do wonders for my self-confidence). It's really been great the whole time, though.
  • edited September 2013
    My one regret in life is that I never had a Rym and Scott to look up to whilst growing up.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • You don't get great mileage out of them as role models. I started listening to Geeknights in Eighth Grade, and by 10th I was completely disillusioned. Role models need to be more distant, so that it's harder to see what you don't like about them.
  • edited September 2013
    But I love everything about Rym and Scott. So much so that I want to take the two of them and make a real life living Scrym. It will be glorious.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • But I love everything about Rym and Scott. So much so that I want to take the two of them and make a real life living Scrym. It will be glorious.
  • edited September 2013
    I choose to creepily worship Robert Khoo.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Frankstein Scrym will be just the beginning. After that Davel and Joel will be next!
  • I choose to creepily worship Robert Khoo.
    Whenever he compliments my suits, I'm flattered to an unreasonable degree.
  • I choose to creepily worship Robert Khoo.
    Whenever he compliments my suits, I'm flattered to an unreasonable degree.
    Due to context, I thought you meant lawsuits.