This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How much would you pay for this forum?

Comments

• It's too large already. One of the things I like most here is that the low number of actives keeps the pace of conversations followable.
    Haha, what. My forum gets like 20 posts a day.
    Then it's probably just an illusion that comes from the fact that I look there less often than here and that there are plenty of popular threads that I have never opened that taunt me with their yellow 2million unread posts markers.

• How about this? Scott, if you can negotiate a decent deal, I will straight up pay for the Vanilla hosting myself. No joke.
    I negotiated it back to the old price. It's still $150 a month. But I also negotiated to get us the not-crap search, which is typically only an enterprise feature, and also free migration assistance, so we can keep all our data.

If they would offer me a truly decent deal, I would have paid for it myself.

I'm thinking we might just go through with it and slap a donation button on the sidebar.
    In any case, offer still stands. Or half of the cost, whatever. I have money to donate and this forum is a worthy recipient.
  • edited October 2013
    As I am currently unemployed outside of FNPL, when I get money for my birthday next week, I'll kick in 50% of that for the forum. That'll probably be around $50.

Let it never be said that I'm not committed to this community.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • If we're talking numbers, I would throw up up to $5 a month.
    I might pay to watch you vomit forth currency.

I might pay to watch you vomit forth currency.

It's not pretty.

• Being freelance and small-time, my income isn't reliable. But I'm willing to kick in cash when I can, I just can't guarantee that being on any regular basis.
  • edited October 2013
    I will pay a not-insignificant (for a college student) amount of money for this forum. I don't post a helluva lot, but I've been around for a long-ass while and all you guys are still the best. <3
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • My income is incredibly reliable. And I personally get a lot out of this forum. I pretty much never have to look at other sites for news or anything because it all comes here. That is valuable. And I also recognize that this place has a big effect on others, and I deem that pretty worthwhile in the grand scheme of things. So, I will gladly contribute everything I can to keep this forum going.
  • edited October 2013
    I have no funds to spare at the moment. But I would be more than happy to do any yard work that needs doing at Rym and Scotts places.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Bless those who pay to keep our ivory tower intact. When I actually have money I will definitely make use of a donate button.
  • I will donate, but I don't think I can do so a monthly basis. More of a "I've got $20, I should give it to the Forum" sort of thing. My income isn't well enough grounded to do the monthly thing.
  • Can we donate extra for indulgences?
  • Yeah I want to be able to delete 8% of Steve's posts!
  • I want to be able to change Muppet's avatar for a week or two.
  • Ooh! Can it be a big penis wearing an Uncle Sam style top hat?
  • Can I pay $10 and then for one week every post Muppet makes goes through a hillbilly filter?
  • I can see you've thought a lot about this.
  • edited October 2013
    At this rate, these two could fund the forum on their own.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • At this rate, these two could fund the forum on their own.
  • Damn straight I thought about this! If I am spending money I want some sort of return. NPR gives me stuff when I give them money.
  • At this rate, these two could fund the forum on their own.
    I don't know about Steve, but I'm not around here often enough to be a reliable source of donations.
  • edited October 2013
    At this rate, these two could fund the forum on their own.
    I don't know about Steve, but I'm not around here often enough to be a reliable source of donations.
    That's my line. Go find your own, ya git.

Monthly donation incentive, for 30 days, nine can only post every fifth day, for 12 hours. Or else.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Ok, we're doing it. Now we are waiting in a queue for them to handle our migration. When we get to the front of the line, I'll disable posting in this forum temporarily. Then when they get everything migrated, I'll move the DNS and we'll all be on the new forum with all our posts all searchable and shit.
  • This is phase one of some bigger changes for GeekNights in the coming months.

• This is phase one of some bigger changes for GeekNights in the coming months.

Fun Fact: Jim Cummings sung this song even when he did not play Scar in the movie.
  • I hadn't notice it befoe but Scar really vamps it up on that number.
  • Predictions sure to go wrong: Rym creates a satellite to share with the listeners a special station to tap into online to view various things of the day and pod casts 24/7.
  • Long live the new flesh.