This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• If your oven is in Fahrenheit, immediately discard it, or at the very least, install some real degrees.
    WTF is this shit?
    Insulting you for not using real degrees. It's traditional.
  • unless you are not trying to make bread, but rather, a small fire.
    This reminds me of the joke from /ck/, where the guy gives a recipie for peanut butter cookies that says something along the lines of "Peanut butter, sugar, and flour", with the caption "This does not make cookies. It makes fire".
  • 1 shot glass of Vanilla essence
    Holy fucking shit that's a lot of vanilla. I take it you mean vanilla extract, right? I would think that much vanilla would be way too overpowering.

Looks tasty. I might try using candied lemon peel as opposed to lemon juice, and using apple cider vinegar to get the baking soda going. Baking powder is possible as well.
  • I take it you meanvanilla extract, right? I would think that much vanilla would be way too overpowering.
    Yes, Actually. Sorry about that. Correcting now, for all your Ctrl+C needs.
  • Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?
    SOMEBODY ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THE IT CROWD!! It felt like I was the only one west of the Mississippi.
  • SOMEBODY ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THE IT CROWD!! It felt like I was the only one west of the Mississippi.
    You do realize you're on a forum full of geeks, right? :D

Personal Boo-Yah: Finally got it through one of our field tech's thick heads that the slowness he was experiencing in the software was due to a network bottleneck, not "the bandwidth of the RAID card" as he originally claimed.
  • I haz animal crackers! ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    I shall once again be the proud owner of a motor vehicle! Yay personal mobility!
    The car has rack and pinion steering instead of the power steering of every car I've ever driven. Will there any appreciable difference in the driving of said vehicle?
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited July 2010
    The car has rack and pinion steering instead of the power steering of every car I've ever driven. Is there any practical difference in the driving?
    You have named two separate things on the car. Do you mean manual steering instead of rack and pinion? Or recirculating ball instead of power steering? I'm guessing you mean the former, in which case they'll be little difference while you're moving. Turning the wheel while stationary without power assist can be a bit difficult, try and make sure the car is rolling (if only slightly) while maneuvering in a parking lot.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • You have named two separate things on the car. Do you mean manual steering instead of rack and pinion? Or recirculating ball instead of power steering? I'm guessing you mean the former, in which case they'll be little difference while you're moving. Turning the wheel while stationary without power assist can be a bit difficult, try and make sure the car is rolling (if only slightly) while maneuvering in a parking lot.
    You have picked up on the fact that I know very little about cars. The impression I got was that it was a manual and had rack and pinion steering, but no power steering on top of that. You seem to have answered my question anyway, so thank you.
  • You have picked up on the fact that I know very little about cars.
    No worries, I know waaaaaaaay too much about cars. Glad I could help, if you have any other questions let me know. ~_^
  • I've spent the last ~5 days hanging out with Bunnikun, who I originally started talking to because of this forum and came out to CA to visit this week. I now have an amazing new friend. #geeknightsforumsuccessstory
  • edited July 2010
    I've spent the last ~5 days hanging out with Bunnikun, who I originally started talking to because of this forum and came out to CA to visit this week. I now have an amazing new friend. #geeknightsforumsuccessstory
    I knew nothing about this visiting forumite. Much awesome could have been had and shared. I am disappoint.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm sorry :(
  • Losing weight. I got 20 pounds less overall and I'm on my way to bombshell status. Well...I'm at least 80 pounds more till that, but damn I feel good!
  • I'm sorry :(
    heh, I'm just joshin ya. Iz cool.
  • Losing weight. I got 20 pounds less overall and I'm on my way to bombshell status. Well...I'm at least 80 pounds more till that, but damn I feel good!
    good for you! What are you doing to lose weight?
  • Pics or it didn't happen, Viga. ;P
  • My local comic shop, The Comic Bug, has been nominated for an Eisner.
  • edited July 2010
    My local comic shop, The Comic Bug, has been nominated for an Eisner.
    Mine's up there too, the first one in the list.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • 40 people came to my ASV talk (despite being at the end of the day) and I rocked it. I was personally complimented by a few well known professors and the coordinator of my panel. BOOYAH
  • I know I post a lot about things I've acquired as "Booh-yahs", but when one acquires a very high-quality print of the original The Day the Earth Stood Still poster, that has to be at least a booh, if not a full booh-yah.
    Congrats!
  • Got my RIT housing assignment! I am in Helen Fish Hall A. Any current/former RIT students know if that's any good?
  • Got my RIT housing assignment! I am in Helen Fish Hall A. Any current/former RIT students know if that's any good?
    back in the late 90's Fish was a hole and was well known for being the pretty crazy BUT since then they have completely redone the dorms so it's probably nice and non-descript now, especially since RIT only lets you stay in the dorms for one year usually so dorms can't form cultures that other schools have.
  • 40 people came to my ASV talk (despite being at the end of the day) and I rocked it. I was personally complimented by a few well known professors and the coordinator of my panel. BOOYAH
    Sweet! That is awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    Got my RIT housing assignment! I am in Helen Fish Hall A. Any current/former RIT students know if that's any good?
    Oh mans, I gotta find out. I just have no idea where it is on the RIT website. Neither did I get it as an email. If it's by mail it won't arrive for a long time.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
    Oh mans, I gotta find out. I just have no idea where it is on the RIT website. Neither did I get it as an email. If it's by mail it won't arrive for a long time.
    myhousing.rit.edu Find the housing contract and look under confirmation - should be there.

As for me, I'm on the 5th floor of Nathanial Rochester Hall. Anything I should know?
    myhousing.rit.edu Find the housing contract and look under confirmation - should be there.

As for me, I'm on the 5th floor of Nathanial Rochester Hall. Anything I should know?
    All it says is my name and what term the housing contract is for. Apparently I'll also get an email with contact info for my roommate. My application is completed, I don't know why I still don't have housing info.