This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• I have been dating this girl for almost a year and slowly exposing her to anime. We've watched all of Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon, which she loved. my ultimate goal is to watch Neon Genesis with her, but i'm drawing blanks on what to show her next. I've considered Death Note and possibly Trigun. Could anyone help me out with a few suggestions?
    All Studio Ghibli movies. Whisper of the Heart will get you laid. Then watch Macross TV when you want to propose marriage. You'll know the right episode when it comes.
  • In all seriousness, Gundam 0079. FTW.
    I support this. Tho' you might want to consider something a bit shorter and easier to approach, like Gundam 0080 Pocket no Naka no Sensou/War inside the Pocket
    Yeah. Stardust Memory and 08th MS Team are good, too.

Fist of the North Star is the Awesome Girlfriend Litmus Test, though.
  • All Fist of the North Star. Fist of the North Star will get you laid. Then watch Fist of the North Star when you want to propose marriage. You'll know the right episode when it comes.
  • Urotsukidōji

Seriously, if you want to get her into watching someting simulcast, Princess Jellyfish is really really good. I also suggest Macross: Do You Remember Love.
  • Golgo 13 will get you loads of sex, but the obvious downside is that you absolutely have to kill the girl afterwards. She knows your name, after all.
  • I like how I'm the only one who gave a serious suggestion.
    Hey! I gave a serious suggestion!
    Hey! I gave a serious suggestion!
    Me too, actually. UC Gundam is both seminal anime, completely heart-wrenching at times, and a source of Manly (and Womanly) Spirit. Everyone should see it.
    W/E. I gave decent suggestions as well.

I always seem to forget about Ghibli whenever recommending anime. I always seem to think of series before movies, but Studio Ghibli movies are definitely good suggestions.

Also Satoshi Kon movies too. But not Perfect Blue. If she's seen Inception and enjoyed it, have her watch Paprika because Chris Nolan said he got some ideas/influence from that movie.
  • Rule of Scott Rubin #999: Only Scott Rubin's anime suggestions matter.
  • I would disagree, Fist of the North Star is a not good girlfriend Litmus Test. That is a Litmus Test for the mother of my children. Thank you for all of the suggestions, I completely forgot about 0080 MS Team. All this will go a very long way in here slow, but steady conversion to an anime geek.
  • All anime based on manga by Ken Akamatsu.
  • Ah, asked someone not in the crew and she recommended Bounen no Xam'd/Xam'd of the Lost Memory. Another great one. Highly recommended for any type of viewing, epically for trying-to-get-girl-into-anime-viewings.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    Whisper of the Heart will get your laid. This might not have happened to me...yet...but the entire mood of the story will make a girl's heart melt and make her all lovey-dovey which is perfect for sex. The Country Roads duet sequence is definitely in my mind when I'm saying in this.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Whisper of the Heartwillget your laid. This might not have happened to me...yet...but the entire mood of the story will make a girl's heart melt and make her all lovey-dovey which is perfect for sex.
    Actually, it's kind of depressing, which can be the opposite of good for sex... honestly, it's kinda specific to the girl. Some will get hot watching Escaflowne, and some will prefer Legend of the Overfiend. Know your audience.
  • It's funny when people who've never had sex talk about what will get you sex.
    I thought exactly the same thing.
  • Watch that Big O son.

Has she tried to get you to participate in any of her interests? I only ask because sometimes people get so caught up trying to bring the partner into his or her shit that they will forget to get into the partner's shit.
    I thought exactly the same thing.
    It gave me some good lols this morning.
  • Just talk to a girl about her favorite childhood show/game/interest and love it as much as her and she will wind up smothering you with kisses. This is my experience, anyways.
  • I'd watch Sola. It's a shojo with a really good action side and a good ending. I'm not saying it'll get you laid, but it's a good show for boys and girls alike.
    If you want to get punch in the face, which is what happens on all anime based on manga by Ken Akamatsu :O
    Also, one does not need to show here the whole Fist of the North Star series to see if she awesome. The animated movie dubbed in english would suffice. :P
    If you want to get punch in the face, which is what happens on all anime based on manga by Ken Akamatsu :O
    Also, one does not need to show here the whole Fist of the North Star series to see if she awesome. The animated movie dubbed in english would suffice. :P
    Right, but it all works out in the end, Right? The hapless guy gets the prettiest/least unstable girl, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!?!!!
    ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA... your panties are already on the floor.
  • edited November 2010
    Right, but it all works out in the end, Right? The hapless guy gets the prettiest/least unstable girl, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?! RIGHT?!?!?!!!
    If you remove the slash and the "Un" from the start of "Unstable", you're not far off.
    Post edited by Churba on
    ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA... your panties are already on the floor.
    Hit her secret pressure points, "You're already in ecstasy."
  • edited November 2010
    That picture is going to haunt my dreams.

Also, it's not a creepy thread. Just really crude.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Question: if one is in a casual relationship, how important is it to remember/celebrate monthly anniversaries?
    Put another way, what's the forum's opinion of x-month anniversaries?
  • Question: if one is in a casual relationship, how important is it to remember/celebrate monthly anniversaries?
    Put another way, what's the forum's opinion of x-month anniversaries?
    Casual realtionships: no. Serious: yes for the first few months, after 6 months I stop. However, if you like that sort of thing then go for it.