This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Too late. She's right next to me, actually. She usually is, as it were.
    Why the fuck are you looking at he internets with her when you should be making out? Geez! :P
    More like she's playing the Sims and so I sit and use the internet to entertain myself while I watch. There is in fact some kissing, though, so it's not a total waste. ;)
  • Too late. She's right next to me, actually. She usually is, as it were.
    Why the fuck are you looking at he internets with her when you should be making out? Geez! :P
    More like she's playing the Sims and so I sit and use the internet to entertain myself while I watch. There is in fact some kissing, though, so it's not a total waste. ;)
    *salute*
  • Oh, if you're both there, I can upload an mp3 version:

I Like You (song for Axel)

Lyrics:

I like you, and I'm having a good time.
    I really like you, and I'm having a good time.

As time goes by I find
    We're here again, we're side by side.
    Our friends drift home and we're left alone.
    The tone's unknown, but I'm in the friend zone.

That's not the place I want to be
    but I'm scared to let you see.
    The line's unclear, but I want to I get get near.
    Can't wait for my fear to disappear.

What's my next move?
    Want to show how I feel but I want to l look smooth.
    Sliding closer is lame, holding hands too tame.
    Want to go for a kiss... is that too serious?

We're getting on so well,
    Don't want to break this spell,
    But I gotta push through, don't know what to do.
    In the end I give in and I just tell you that

I like you, and I'm having a good time.
  • Haha, that was sweet.
  • That's all kinds of awesome.
  • Luke Burrage == Weird Al Yankovic?
    I was just about to say this.
  • edited November 2010
    Damn. That was really good. Gonna give the girlfriend a listen in a moment.
    Definitely not what I was expecting.

Edit: She doesn't find the lyrics particularly related to our situation, but I see what you were going for, Luke.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • edited November 2010
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Edit: She doesn't find the lyrics particularly related to our situation, but I see what you were going for, Luke.
    Well, she's wrong.
  • Edit: She doesn't find the lyrics particularly related to our situation, but I see what you were going for, Luke.
    Well, she's wrong.
    [insert Golgo 13 face]
    Well, she's wrong.
    I was going for "inspired by" rather than "literally about."
    Well, she's wrong.
    I was going for "inspired by" rather than "literally about."
    That's what I told her, yeah. She sorta agreed with me.
  • That's what I told her, yeah. She sorta agreed with me.
    Well, it was good while it lasted, right?
  • Yeah, we need more of this on this thread
    and lest not forget about this:
    You are welcome guys! :O
  • Needs more Cobra.

• @Churba, thank you for the video. Sounds like the perfect relationship.
  • @Churba, thank you for the video. Sounds like the perfect relationship.
    I can't find fault in it. And even if I could, It comes with a one year warranty.
    I was just about to say this.
    I missed this when I checked the forum on my phone last night. What do you mean by the comparison? I thought Weird Al did funny covers of pop songs. I don't.
  • Needs more Cobra.

COOOOOBRAAAA!
  • I missed this when I checked the forum on my phone last night. What do you mean by the comparison? I thought Weird Al did funny covers of pop songs. I don't.
    Oh, you're absolutely right, but Weird Al's voice sounds just like you in this song.
  • I missed this when I checked the forum on my phone last night. What do you mean by the comparison? I thought Weird Al did funny covers of pop songs. I don't.
    Oh, you're absolutely right, butWeird Al's voicesoundsjust like you in this song.
    I must admit I've heard, at most, maybe three or four songs from him in my life. When clicking those links I get: This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country.
  • Remember the girl that I asked out to the movies and she had...girl problems? Well, today I decided that I would make sure there is no confusion about my intentions towards her.

So I today I asked her if she was dating anyone and she said no. She asked me what I was trying to ask her and I said "Well, I like you, and I wanted to see if I could convince you to go on a date with me".
    Apparently, no one has ever asked her out before, so she asked me what I thought of her. I said that I thought she was "funny, intelligent, obviously beautiful, and that she had an air of elegance about her". Seems no one has ever said anything like that about her before. After that she asked me about my past relationships. I told her that I had had a few when I was younger, but that it was, in retrospect, puppy love and nothing ever serious.

At the end of it all, she told me that she was a bit nervous about it all because this is a new experience for her and that she needed time to think. I didn't have a problem with it and I told her that, one way or the other, shes and awesome person and I'd still want to be friends with her.

Anyway, I guess I'll see how it turns out.
  • Good luck. I only have one piece of good advice: Be awesome. If you make her feel special, but also be willing to take things at whatever speed she's comfortable with, she will give you a chance.
  • I only have one piece of good advice: Be awesome.
    I don't think this has ever been a problem for Victor. Even during the short moments we hung out.

Best of luck!
  • I only have one piece of good advice: Be awesome.
    I don't think this has ever been a problem for Victor. Even during the short moments we hung out.
    It used to be a problem. But then I joined this forum and I learned to be as awesome as the rest of you. ^_^
    Best of luck!
    Danke.
  • "funny, intelligent, obviously beautiful, and that she had an air of elegance about her".
    Now that is impressive. There really is something to say about a person who can be frank. The best of luck to you!
  • "funny, intelligent, obviously beautiful, and that she had an air of elegance about her".
    Now that is impressive. There really is something to say about a person who can be frank. The best of luck to you!
    I try to keep things on the level. And thanks!
  • Sonic, dude,If I was a guy, I'd totally cop your moves. Awesome!
  • Vic is quite the charismatic guy.