This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The shower decided to become randomly scalding hot, and now I have a burn on my shoulder and right side of my chest. Goddammit.
  • What am I doing wrong?? ;_;

First my Sims 3 breaks on Steam, and Support can't do anything to help me. Then my Portal 2 breaks, and Support still can't figure out the problem. Then my Train Simulator 2012 breaks. Now my Sonic Generations won't work, right out of the gate. ;o;
  • edited January 2012
    Say it ain't so, not the trains!! D:
    Post edited by Sail on
  • But how will we simulate trains?!
  • Say it ain't so, not the trains!! D:
    It's okay, I signed up to be a beta tester for some new TS2012 stuffs, and they gave me a steam code for it. So whenever I get a hankering for some trains, I can just open up the Beta and it works just fine >:3
  • edited January 2012
    What am I doing wrong?? ;_;

First my Sims 3 breaks on Steam, and Support can't do anything to help me. Then my Portal 2 breaks, and Support still can't figure out the problem. Then my Train Simulator 2012 breaks. Now my Sonic Generations won't work, right out of the gate. ;o;
    Sounds like a harddrive problem beginning to show its ugly head. Back up now while you can, then run "chkdsk C: /b" and, if you can, buy a copy of Spinrite and run it at level 2.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • For just a second there, I was in an episode of Security Now.
    That kinda sounds like you had a scuffle with the cops about some moonshine and a quick getaway from the po-po's on your van, and "Security Now" is the Australian version of "Cops".
  • No Internet since last night. Comcast can't tell me anything but that they know about the problem and are working on it. It took a long time to get through to a person and they gave me a 2 day credit.
  • Fuck the Patriots.

That is all.
  • edited January 2012
    For just a second there, I was in an episode of Security Now.
    That kinda sounds like you had a scuffle with the cops about some moonshine and a quick getaway from the po-po's on your van, and "Security Now" is the Australian version of "Cops".
    Not quite, spinrite is made By the guy who does the security now podcast on the TWIT network. Did have a few small run-ins with the cops over the weekend, especially around the party, but I'll tell y'all about it later on, when I get back from the island. Typing on my phone is annoying.

EDIT: no chases, though. I think I'd have had trouble chasing down a door. Or escaping one, for that matter, assuming it's a very determined door.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Well, after re-installing Sonic Generations and finding it to not work, I decided to take some advice I saw on the Steam forums and just completely reinstall Steam. The uninstall program broke halfway through, and crashed. According to all indications on my computer, though, Steam no longer exists on this machine. However, when I try to re-install it, I just get a pile of errors. I tried restarting my computer, but that didn't do much.
  • Yeah, that sounds like a hard drive on it's way out.
    Has the computer hung with the hard drive light staying on? Usually lasts 5-15 seconds.
  • edited January 2012
    Oh, Funimation/Hulu made it so I can't watch Fist of the North Star on their website legitimatley anymore in Canada.

Huh, look at that, a torrent with every Fist of the North Star episode ever.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
    You know, Spinrite has saved my ass more times than I care to remember and Security Now! taught me a lot about computers and networks. I don't know why I stopped listening to that podcast. *re-adds it to winamp*
  • The "Someone is Harassing my Mom" thread.
  • The "Someone is Harassing my Mom" thread.
    Same.

• AmpAmp
    edited January 2012
    Hold it we have a thread like that? (Edit Doof if I could use my eyes I would be really dangerous)

Also due to some sort of twisted sleeping I've pulled the mussels in both of my arms.
    Post edited by Amp on
    You know, Spinrite has saved my ass more times than I care to remember and Security Now! taught me a lot about computers and networks. I don't know why I stopped listening to that podcast. *re-adds it to winamp*
    I know why I stopped - I just stopped learning anything new from it, for a while, it seemed like they were really struggling for significant stories. So, I just gave up on it and figured I'd look at it again sometime, maybe.
  • Fuck the Patriots.

That is all.
  • As a Bostonian, I'm gonna stay out of this one. I don't like arguing with religious zealots.
  • I'm staying out of this one, because I don't think you should really call it anything but silly when your players are posturing about being big and tough, and going to smash everyone and rarrrrgh testosterone and then proceed on to the field wearing more armor than Sigismund II Augustus.

Armor? Fuck you. Here's some shorts, here's a jersey, here's some shoes, now fuck off and play the goddamn game, you wuss.
  • edited January 2012
    That's usually "Opinion", brosef. And objective fact is not opinion.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • That's usually "Opinion", brosef. And objective fact is not opinion.
    [] Told
    [] Untold
    [X] Toldlanta Falcons
  • Objective fact is not opinion.
    ...I don't think you should really call it anything but silly when...
    ಠ_ಠ

You're right about my spelling mistake though. Inexcusable.

• Objective fact is not opinion.
    ...I don't think you should really call it anything but silly when...
    ಠ_ಠ

You're right about my spelling mistake though. Inexcusable.

Really? You've been around this long and you can't tell when I'm blatantly taking the piss?
  • Really? You've been around this long and you can't tell when I'm blatantly taking the piss?
    Yes, I have autism. Don't I do this every single time?
  • edited January 2012
    Really? You've been around this long and you can't tell when I'm blatantly taking the piss?
    Yes, I have autism. Don't I do this every single time?
    Not usually. Most of the time, you seem to get it. Or at least, you humor me, which is near enough. Far as I'm concerned, just chalking this one up to a missed cue, it happens to all of us. You're not the first here, won't be the last - cultural difference, y'know? Fuggeddaboutit.
    Post edited by Churba on