This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• You know what's fucked up? In the process of trying to make really terrible metal to make fun of metal, I ended up really liking metal. Particularly the fucked-up shit I was trying to mock.

Oops.
    Yup, that's how it works. I used Lucca Turrili's "The Ancient Forest of Elves" as an example of cheestastic metal - and now I actually enjoy it.

• The problem with Wipeout is that you're almost guaranteed to get muddy, so by the time you get to the Big Balls you're probably gonna slip, and if you didn't go first they're gonna be muddy as well.
  • The problem with Wipeout is that it's neither Ninja Warrior nor Unbeatable Banzuke.
  • The problem with Wipeout is that it's neither Ninja Warrior nor Unbeatable Banzuke.
    It is closer to Takehashi's Castle, which was the basis for the American Most Extreme Elimination Challenge, but it's not that either.
  • It's just not good.

Takehashi's Castle, and further, MXC, were way better.
  • The problem with Wipeout is that it's not F-Zero.
  • The problem with Wipeout is that it's not F-Zero.
    I see what you did there.
  • I just spent an hour supergluing my glasses so I could read.
  • I heard an old Vietnamese guy in the grocery store yesterday with the most adorable old-timey southern accent.
  • Click here.
    SAIL I GOT DIABETES I'M SUING YOU!
  • Oh, those crazy 日本人.
  • Oh sweet fucking jesus, we found real-life CHRIStFUCK.

THESE PEOPLE PLAY THIS FOR REAL. PEOPLE PAY TO SEE IT.

I'm starting to think we might have bitten off more than we can chew...
  • Start a feud with them right now, it's the only answer.
  • Remember, this is the Internet. Every time you think you've found or made the worst thing, you're wrong; someone, somewhere, has already made something worse.
  • The only thing to do is be EVEN WORSE.

Lords of Noise starts recording this week.
  • By the Omnissiah I may be a horrible person.
  • I'm listening to the Final Thoughts on Madoka. Apparently I've already listened to the beginning of it, though, because the laundry story gave me major deja vu.

For some reason, every geeknights episode really stands out; I've only listened to most of them once but if I ever re-listen it's all familiar to me. By contrast, I have to listen to a Dave and Joel two or three times to even remember what's in it at all. It's probably because of the greater structure in the geeknights episodes.
  • For some reason, every geeknights episode really stands out; I've only listened to most of them once but if I ever re-listen it's all familiar to me. By contrast, I have to listen to a Dave and Joel two or three times to even remember what's in it at all. It's probably because of the greater structure in the geeknights episodes.
    Really? I suppose I can't say I've relistened to many Geeknights episodes, but I always find Dave and Joel pretty memorable.
  • >listening to podcasts more than once
  • edited October 2012
    I remember tons of lines, but the actual structure of conversations don't stick unless I listen two or three times. Fortunately, I always listen to each new episode of Fast Karate at least twice when they come out.
    >listening to podcasts more than once
    If I am not piping something into my brain every waking moment, I can't get any work done. Podcasts fill the same function that teachers droning in the background did for me in high school; it's what lets me work on arts all day.

EDIT: Well I don't recognize any of this conversation, so I know I didn't spoil Madoka for myself. I feel rather proud I saw most of the twists coming way, way before Rym and Scott did. Then again, between Homestuck and Methods of Rationality my brain has been well-trained to look for time travel.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited October 2012
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Well, it's arguably every song on acoustic guitar ever, but that gif is awesome.
  • edited October 2012
    For some reason, every geeknights episode really stands out; I've only listened to most of them once but if I ever re-listen it's all familiar to me. By contrast, I have to listen to a Dave and Joel two or three times to even remember what's in it at all. It's probably because of the greater structure in the geeknights episodes.
    Or maybe they sound familiar because they're all exactly the same.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Let's try out the galva beam, he said. They can't be too deadly, he said.
  • Afghan Nuke: Peppermint Schnapps and a shot of tobasco bombed into the glass.
  • Let's try out the glaive beam, he said. They can't be too deadly, he said.
    One-shots. One-shots for two whole sectors. Even the Halberd beam can get terrifying if backed properly.
  • Not if I get boarded by mantis men who KO the munitions sector immediately.