This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Rather than working retail, I'm now working in a job that lets me sit in the back of a computer lab and read Let's Plays all day while getting paid.
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah man, I'm on the locksmithing crew, full time and gettin' paid 8.50 an hour. It got weird today when I had to move and confiscate bikes that were clearly in use by other summer workers, but otherwise it was good fun.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Been in a long-distance relationship for two years - Anthony is coming to stay for the whole month of July, more than the two weeks we've scheduled in the past. Gonna eat at all the restaurants and visit all the friends. Also gonna go to Connecticon.
  • pence said:

Been in a long-distance relationship for two years - Anthony is coming to stay for the whole month of July, more than the two weeks we've scheduled in the past. Gonna eat at all the restaurants and visit all the friends. Also gonna go to Connecticon.

*high five*
  • pence said:

Been in a long-distance relationship for two years - Anthony is coming to stay for the whole month of July, more than the two weeks we've scheduled in the past. Gonna eat at all the restaurants and visit all the friends. Also gonna go to Connecticon.

• Still reading that as, "Eat all the friends and visit all the restaurants."
  • ThatGent said:

Still reading that as, "Eat all the friends and visit all the restaurants."

I support that translation.

• I like my friends so much I must consume them.
  • Short version: Homophobic gym teacher has been bullying my kid at school. Met with him and the head principal and made him eat his own shit. Had been expecting a united front and lots of denial.
  • I'm interviewing at Google the week after next.
  • Sweet deal! For what position?
  • A basic entry-level software dev - they always have a few, I don't think even they've decided which position it is yet.
  • Which Google campus?
  • Do they still have the free sugar policy?
  • I got my fancy hat! (graduated)
  • PICS!!!!
  • Last day of training and being in Baltimore. Staying here for 6 weeks in swamp ass territory has run it's course.

Soon a graduation ceremony, getting lots of drinks, then going back to Washington. Yay!
  • Just accepted a job offer from NY Mag. Gonna start there on Monday.
  • Nice! That didn't take you long.
  • Are you moving to New York or staying in Cali?
  • MATATAT said:

Are you moving to New York or staying in Cali?

I've been in NYC for four years. :p

But I'm really happy with this. The salary is fantastic (yay successful negotiation), and some of the technology they're working on is actually really cool. I was definitely hesitant at first (because I was wary of large, old-fashioned publishing houses), but their CTO is extremely forward-thinking and is implementing a lot of neat ideas. Also they're actually diverse, unlike a few of the startups I was also talking to.
  • Oh I thought you lived in LA for some reason.
  • He used to live in the Bay Area, but not LA.
  • I told my boss that I'm ditching work to go buy alcohol. He asked for a ride and offered a free lunch.
  • Is NY Mag satire?
  • HMTKSteve said:

Is NY Mag satire?

Not as far as I know, but I think they might publish satirical pieces from time to time.
  • Last piece of art done for my RPG Must be Tuesday. Finally.
  • I just got a job offer! From Google! I'll probably be moving to the San Francisco area in a month or two, then.