This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• More to the point, if my girlfriend likes the car, then that's what matters.

Fair enough, not something I've ever had to think about.

• edited April 2014
    It's pretty cool. If it was me buying a car for myself, I'd probably aim for something cheap and boring. I'm just not into cars enough to care about features and sportiness.

But as this car is a joint purchase between myself, my girlfriend and her parents, I feel comfortable stepping back and letting her make all the decisions. In the end we get a way cooler and fun car. And one with far nicer and sillier features than I care about myself. I'd never go for a white car with red rims and stripes and all that shit, but I can't help but have more fun every time I get into it than any other car I've driven.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • It's pretty cool. If it was me buying a car for myself, I'd probably aim for something cheap and boring. I'm just not into cars enough to care about features and sportiness.

But as this car is a joint purchase between myself, my girlfriend and her parents, I feel comfortable stepping back and letting her make all the decisions. In the end we get a way cooler and fun car. And one with far nicer and sillier features than I care about myself. I'd never go for a white car with red rims and stripes and all that shit, but I can't help but have more fun every time I get into it than any other car I've driven.

Pretty nice, by the sounds. And I can't put shit on you for the fact you'd personally pick something cheap and boring, I drive a white cargo van that's worth less than your average laptop.

I like the sound of that last part, though. A car that's fun to drive - no matter what it is - is always nice to have.
  • That seems like a very nice car! I agree on how useful the backup camera is. They are trying to make them mandatory on all new cars in the USA now. Was supposed to be starting in 2014 but now looks to be delayed 2-4 years.

We recently had my tiny, cheap, fuel-efficient 2-door car completely wrecked in an accident. Guy simply wasn't paying attention and slammed into the rear side of us while he sped through a parking lot.

I, of course, wanted to replace it with something tiny and cheap, but I wound up taking my wife's car, while she got to buy a "family car." She wanted something bigger, so we compromised on her buying the smallest and most efficient vehicle that could qualify as an SUV, the 2014 Nissan Rogue. It is WAY more fun to drive, and comfortable, than anything I would have ever picked.
  • I actually bought a neon green car because it was substantially cheaper than the other colors. Well I could have had red, but that dealership was being an asshole so I get a green one.
  • This car was a showroom display model, to show off ALL the features. There were no colour choices or anything, just this car (with 9km on the clock) or ordering something special (but less special) for more money.
  • edited April 2014
    An excellent choice. :P Mine was last year's model. Could have had any color I wanted in this year's model.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • No your green car color is awesome. Seriously jelly. I want that to be my car color. Green = color of winning. Rubin would agree.
  • Remember my bright purple Sunfire? I save more than one thousand of dollars compared to basically identical cars that weren't bright purple.

I also kind of liked that bright purple.
  • It's a sunfire so that was probably substantial savings on the total price.

My family has a sunfire where the catalytic converter needs replacing and the cost for shop to do it exceeds the current value of that beat up piece of crap battle-kart.
  • edited April 2014
    I initially didn't like the green, now I'm quite fond of it.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Welcome to the side of being correct and awesome.
  • After much unnecessary waiting, I now have more internet than I've ever had before. Seriously though, it took two weeks to send me a modem and activate the service. I live three blocks from their office, I could have piggy-backed the tech to my apartment and back to the office in no time at all.
  • Two weeks for a new modem is super quick!
  • Rochelle said:

Welcome to the side of being correct and awesome.

• edited April 2014

Two weeks for a new modem is super quick!

It's not (based on previous US experience). Any time I've moved before, it took 2 days, tops. My coworkers said about a month was the norm here, though.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • New Car GET!
  • Is that what I fucking well think it is?
  • I think it is...
  • A Cobblestone driveway.
  • edited April 2014
    A friend of mine GAVE me an iPod he wasn't using anymore! A 160GB iPod Classic for $0? WOO! No longer must I attempt to store what I "think" I'll want to listen to later onto my dumb phone!
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • AT&T upped the data limit on the $60 GoPhone plan from 2GB to 2.5GB. More data for free!
  • P_TOG said:

A friend of mine GAVE me an iPod he wasn't using anymore! A 160GB iPod Classic for $0? WOO! No longer must I attempt to store what I "think" I'll want to listen to later onto my dumb phone!

You make my inner economist cheer. Just remember to anticipate for a slight bump in your electric bill.

AT&T upped the data limit on the $60 GoPhone plan from 2GB to 2.5GB. More data for free!

You make my inner economist weep.

• Churba said:

Is that what I fucking well think it is?

I think it is...

• This is good news.
  • Churba said:

This is good news.

Indeed it is ladies and gentlemen.
    Dromaro said:

AT&T upped the data limit on the $60 GoPhone plan from 2GB to 2.5GB. More data for free!

You make my inner economist weep.
    Why's that?
  • I am cheering so loudly right now because, Christy, one of my dearest friends in the world just broke the news to me that the Broadway musical, A Gentlemen's Guide to Love and Murder, a musical she helped develop for several years...JUST GOT NOMINATED FOR 10 TONYS AND SHE IS GOING TO THE AWARDS CEREMONY!! I am so proud of her!

I encourage all of you who live in New York, see the show. It is one of the funniest and most original musicals I have seen in a very long time...and it does so without being cynical or ironic...it is completely sincere from beginning to end.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2014
    I am so giddy right now. I looked back on my list I published about forgotten superhero movies and I got an absolutely beautiful comment from a person who is a 100% comic book neckbeard nerd...the first one ever. What makes it different from most neckbead comments is that, he goes ALL OUT and spares nothing in his ire with me for including Punisher: War Zone and Dredd on the list. Read this and get ready to lol.

"Unbelieveable. The choices you made about the Punisher and Dredd were absolutely wrong. The Thomas Jane film may not have been a direct copy of the comic (neither were ANY of the X Men movies you love) but he actually cared about his role and the character. Take a look at the independent piece he made for it. Tell me Waz Zone was better than that! And THAT was a couple of minutes. A short film is better than your War Zone.

And Dredd... have you actually read a 2000ad comic before last week? Or, how about, more than a decade ago. Your age truly shines through when you commented about that. Anyone that is old enough to have grown up on 2000ad comics KNOWS that even though the Stalone picture was cheesy, it WAS the better representation of the Dredd universe. The new one barely has any resemblance to the comic at all. But you all eat it up and say it's "the most authentic movie of Dredd ever!". You couldn't be further from the truth. The Stalone Dredd IS the closest thing to an authentic Dredd movie that has ever been made. PERIOD!"

Life is truly beautiful...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I just finished my FINAL final exam. I walk on monday.