This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Offers

Comments

• http://steamcommunity.com/minigame/towerattack/

Steam candybox = free something

So the legend goes poorly told
  • edited June 2015
    sK0pe said:

Is Dishonored worth getting? A few of my Steam friends think it's pretty amazing but Dave and Joel said it suffered from the stealth game problem of "why stealth when you can run around shooting everyone". There is obviously hype from the Dishonored 2 going on.

I do not have a shortage of games (I think I have 4 new games from the Steam sale so far) I just want to play it if it's wothy of all the praise.

Also how about Ori and the Blind Forest, looks like a fun plat-former.

So much time in bed recovering from an operation, all I can do is program or play games.

If you just try to beat Dishonored and don't set certain objectives for yourself (never seen, no kills, get as many runes as possible) it can get kinda easy, especially once you figure out the games systems. I did a second play through and just blew through it.
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • El Dangeroso on sale for $40. Is that worth it? I think I'm going to buy it and report back, unless somebody says it's really that bad.

If I remember, I think Yahtzee liked it, and Yahtzee doesn't like anything.
  • I am awful at it, but I enjoy what little of it I've played so far. Strongly recommend a joystick, though.
  • I have a 75% off code thingy on Steam for warhammer 40k dawn of war and one for dawn of war two. Just noticed it and unfortunately expires in 2 days (7/27), they both say tradable so if anyone wants one or both i will give them to you if theres a way to do that.
  • If anyone wants some Rising Thunder alpha codes I have 2 if you want them.
  • I signed up the other day and they sent me a couple as well.
  • Sure, if you still have em
  • Devolver Digital Steam sale weekend.
    For some reason if you don't own Hotline Miami, Hotline Miami 2, want the soundtracks.
    Ditto for The Talos Principle. Sound track is great for listening to while working.

All the soundtracks are provided in lossless FLAC.

New Talos Principle DLC if you're a fan of the original game (I still keep trying to type Linux commands at the terminals you find all over the game).
  • I really like Titan Souls too, beat it in a couple sessions, and Heavy Bullets is strangely pretty good.
  • I knew the name, but I didn't realize how many great games Devolver has.
  • Fun facts - Hatoful Boyfriend is one of theirs.
  • I noticed that. It's a tempting sale.
  • Any must-get games on there other than Hotline Miami (which I already own)?
  • That's sort of a subjective thing to say.
  • Hatoful Boyfriend is objectively must-get.
  • edited August 2015
    Well I guess here's my opinion on the games:
    Talos: Haven't played it but looks like an awesome FP puzzle game.
    Hotline Miami: You know the deal.
    Broforce: The game is pretty chaotic but I find it fun. Mostly only fun with coop IMO.
    Titan Souls: I thought this game was fantastic. Reminded me of like a tough Shadow of the Colossus. It's a bit on the short side and there is basically no replay value unless you want to just get better at killing the bosses you just killed.
    Olli Olli: It's okay. I like skateboard games but I don't particularly find this one that entertaining. #2 is the exact same I think, just different shit.
    Heavy Bullets: I really like this game, its like a rougish FPS where you have a limited amount of bullet but you can also pick them back up.
    Hatoful Boyfriend: I've actually never played this game but I own it and it looks neat. It's just a graphic novel though.
    Luftrausers: Kinda a neat action game, but I don't particularly find it that interesting. The controls are a bit crazy for it.
    Gods Will Be Watching: It's a super interesting concept and there is an online version (the concept was from a game jam). The online version is like a snippet of the full game. It's pretty damn difficult. I didn't get that far in it.
    Shadow Warrior (new version): It's okay, nothing too special but kinda fun pew pew with some sword stuff.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I got Olli Olli (2?) for the 3DS from a Humble Bundle, and I really can't imagine playing it on a pc. It felt like a phone game really.

Spoiler alert: Hatoful Boyfriend isn't just a graphic novel. It's more than you could possibly imagine.
  • edited August 2015
    Hatoful is the PREMIER pigeon-based dating sim.

Also (cue Cogswell Pepperbox voice), the proper term is Visual Novel.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • How are all of you ignoring that Microsoft Flight Simulator X is only $5?
  • My lack of a flight stick?
  • A general apathy toward flight simulation software?
  • edited August 2015
    Ikatono said:

My lack of a flight stick?

You don't need one.
    Neito said:

A general apathy toward flight simulation software?

I don't even understand this.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • How are all of you ignoring that Microsoft Flight Simulator X is only $5?

I'm doing space sims, what's the point if you can't actually leave a planet's atmosphere ;^) ?
  • Eh I thought about it but I dunno how much I would play it. I barely played euro truck.
  • OlliOlli was fun but not incredibly noteworthy. It was a solid game.

Luftrausers kept me up late at night. That one is a strong recommendataion.

Hatoful has been purchased.
  • Their games end up in Bundles so often it's hard to buy one.
  • Very good point. Hatoful for $2.50 was an impulse buy, but you can be damn sure it'll wind up in some future Humble Bundle, likely before I even get around to playing it. I'm holding out on Hotline Miami 2 for a similar reason. Just too much of a backlog to pay for it.
  • Myu one regret in life is not getting the Hatoful dakimakura.
  • I'd actually like to trade my physical copy of "Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright" for another game with someone on the forum. Maybe Mario Kart 7?