This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Hello.

I am Zack Patate and I am here to balance all this HURF with my DURF. Pleasure to meet you all.

-Zack Patate
    Got any hobbies?
  • Got any hobbies?
    Several, though I think you might know me from my writings.
  • Hi Everyone. My name is Nathan Glaze. I am a student at the University of Montevallo in Alabama where I study English. My major geekdoms are gaming [Nintendo and 360(Gamertag: AmbiguousPilot)], literature, Star Trek, Civil War reenactment/Belegarth medieval combat, Doctor Who, and more recently, My Little Pony.

Some of my favorite films are, Seven Samurai, Bladerunner, Alien, Spirited Away, Wall-e, and Gone With the Wind.
  • Welcome good sir! I am sure you will enjoy your time here, we are quite the lively lot. Just beware of flame wars, they happen at the drop of a hat.
    And I don't even have to be posting anything anymore. ;)
  • I'm not usually greeter, but let's make exception. Welcome.
  • Doctor Who
    What kind of alien wears a bow tie and a fez?
  • One that is 900 years old and has been through pretty much any other fashion movement.

Or an alien with costumes donated from the Salvation Army.
  • You're into Civil War reenactment? We don't see too many of those 'round these parts. I've always thought reenactments and SCA stuff was really cool, but I just don't have the time to invest.

Welcome to the forum!

Also, bow ties are cool.
  • Yes, it sure is a heavy investment. However, very fun!

Bow ties > Neck ties.
  • edited May 2011
    My brother Sonic told me to post this pic of myself. I have to agree its one of the pics i don't hate.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150179325264704&set=a.433993484703.208488.559664703&type=1
    Post edited by BlackVelvetPlease on
  • Just realized I probably never identified myself, and I'm still new enough that maybe I should. Given some of the other boards I've belonged to in the past, I'm pleasantly surprised to discover that the "introduce yourself" and "what do you people look like" threads are such friendly places here!

I'm Jennifer, and some of you know me as the mom from The Family That Geeks Together. Interests include anime, sci-fi, technology, schlock, DIsney, and tabletop gaming (though I'm just barely coming out of denial on the latter). I am also a somewhat reviled creature, being in IT middle management, and en route to further imprinting that scarlet letter by working on an MS in business, part-time. I've been working in high performance computing for about 12 years.

Some favorite anime: Evangelion, My Neighbor Totoro, FLCL, Cowboy Bebop (bien sur), Serial Experiments Lain, Ground Defense Force Mao-chan, Kimba the White Lion.

Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, but I almost don't want that to be true because it's soooo predictable (especially if you know me in person). Rarity is also a very good pony.
  • Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, but I almost don't want that to be true because it's soooo predictable (especially if you know me in person). Rarity is also a very good pony.
    Like everypony else, you're just a Fluttershy fan who hasn't realized it yet.
  • The AV Club did a write up of MLP:FIM and, as with everything the AV Club produces, it's great. He believes Fluttershy to be the best Pony For the record: I'm a Pinkie Pie brony.
  • Us Pinkie Pie fans stand strong. None of this wishy-washy bullshit.
  • edited May 2011
    Us Pinkie Pie fans stand strong. None of this wishy-washy bullshit.
    Well, um, if you want to say you like other ponies more, I understand. It's okay.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
    Well, um, if you want to say you like other ponies more, I understand. It's okay.
    That's exactly the sort of thing I'd expect from a Fluttershy fan.
    *brohoof*

Haters can't touch Pinkie Pie.
  • When the Partypocalypse arrives, our savior will be there to lead us in a conga line towards Heaven.
  • Rainbow Dash is my favorite pony, but I almost don't want that to be true because it's soooo predictable (especially if you know me in person). Rarity is also a very good pony.
    Like everypony else, you're just a Fluttershy fan who hasn't realized it yet.
    Fluttershy is . . . . nice.

However: Rainbow Dash. And there you have it.
  • The pony posts are becoming an epidemic, spreading to every thread.
  • ummm... Hi, Dincu here. I am much more of a lurker than a poster so lets see how this goes... :P

I was born on Venezuela '82, and I have a degree in computer engineering, but i am more of a programmer than anything else...

I guess i am more of a Video Game and Anime geek, even so i have other geekeries here and there, like Board games, with I mostly play online, especially Dominium :P. ummm... my favorites animes are Escaflowne and Berserk, but i have watched many more. I am mostly a RPG gamer, but i have find myself having a hard time getting into any lately. Also, one of my favorite game series of all time are the Civ games :P

I found about geeknights on 2009 by a fortunate coincidence while looking for the escaflowne ost, with allowed me to find the escaflowne eps, and i have been listening since then (no so strongly back them).

Lastly, my favorite emoticon is " :P " :P
  • edited May 2011
    I prefer : &thorn
    Welcome to the forums.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm a big fan of :3.
  • I'm a big fan of :3.
    Testicles.
  • I like:

\ ( ^ - ^ ) /

but the cost/benefit ratio of typing it rarely pays off.
  • :3 Is my favorite, even more so now that I realized it can thought of as testes.

BTW, welcome! You are a lover of Escaflowne and Yoko Kanno so that puts you ahead already.
  • :3 Is my favorite, even more so now that I realized it can thought of as testes.
    <===:3

\__8====D___/
  • Is that second one a dick on a tray? Woe for the one whose dick is on a tray.
  • Is that second one a dick on a tray?
    Cockboat.

It ran for RIT Student Government President one year and almost won.
  • It ran for RIT Student Government President one year and almost won.
    They've since started manually censoring the write-in votes, unfortunately. Batman came in third place for president this year, though.