This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Identify Yourself

Comments

• Welcome! And you don't have to appear in every thread, but we welcome you to participate.
  • And you don't have to appear in every thread
    Given that there are like 7000 threads, I don't think that's a practical goal anyhow.
    Given that there are like 7000 threads, I don't think that's a practical goal anyhow.
    The "fail of your day" thread currently sits at 1600 unread posts, waiting for one day when I will get depressed and want to read other people's bad news.
    The "fail of your day" thread currently sits at 1600 unread posts, waiting for one day when I will get depressed and want to read other people's bad news.
    Try practicing schadenfreude. It makes it really easy to stay happy all the time.

Wait a minute, do you guys think that Pinkie Pie is...
  • Hey, everyone.

My name's Yuyuke, (or Will, either's fine) a long-time listener to the podcast, and I've finally joined the forums to shut my friend Nate (Neito in here) up. :V Seriously though, Nate tells me I'll enjoy it here, so I figure it would probably be a good idea to get in on this madness.

I was born on May 19th, 1987, and I live waaay up in southern Massachusetts. I'm a pretty big gamer and I binge on anime from time to time as well, though not as much as I used to. I'm currently in the middle of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and slowly building up steam in Pokemon White after skipping HG/SS. As for online games, I tend toward Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends of late, but I'd be partial to a bit of Counterstrike if Rym has the server up. As far as anime is concerned, I've been lazy; I've only been keeping up with Star Driver lately, though I intended to watch Ika Musume and Panty and Stocking last season as well and never got around to them.

In case I seem familiar to anyone, I'm the one Nate keeps mentioning as co-panelist on Craziest Mecha Moments and what other panels we/I do that he's been drumming up support for around here.
  • In case I seem familiar to anyone, I'm the one Nate keeps mentioning as co-panelist on Craziest Mecha Moments and what other panels we/I do that he's been drumming up support for around here.
    Just for the distinction, I have the elegantly quaffed mane. He's the one with long hippie hair.
  • In case I seem familiar to anyone, I'm the one Nate keeps mentioning as co-panelist on Craziest Mecha Moments and what other panels we/I do that he's been drumming up support for around here.
    Just for the distinction, I have the elegantly quaffed mane. He's the one with long hippie hair.
    Coiffed. Unless you intend to be drinking your hair anytime soon. :V
    Coiffed. Unless you intend to be drinking your hair anytime soon. :V
    How do you know I don't? :
  • Next account is #1337, just saying.
  • Argh, I know. I knew I should have waited another day or two!
  • Yay! Will!
  • Hello peoples.

My name is Juan and I am a 23 year old illegal immigrant. I watch a lot of them Chinese cartoons, which has had the side effect of giving me AMV's and video editing as a hobby. And that brings me here, as I listen to podcasts solely to have background noise when working on a video with a lot of tedious editing.

The above encompasses most of existence as of today. pick up fruit, watch cartoons, video edit and listen to podcasts.
  • "Them Chinese cartoons?"
    I wonder about you. Not sure if troll.

You wouldn't happen to be friends with a rude gay Canadian, would you?
  • I was going to say something but being unknown I didn't want to be an arse.
  • I wonder about you. Not sure if troll.
  • Well for years I have sarcastically been referring to anime as "chinese cartoons," this is actually the first time in which someone has questioned the term. The term is nothing new and if you google it, you can see people have used it for years.
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?p=861614
    Also, third time I have seen someone being accused of trolling. Are this one of those shitty forums where people call someone a troll every time they say something they don't agree with?
  • Are this one of those shitty forums where people call someone a troll every time they say something they don't agree with?
    No. We've been hurt many times be people who seemed to be cool but turned out to be trolls.
  • The comment people made was "not sure if troll", not "get out of here, troll!"
    I think most people will reserve judgement for the moment.
  • Also, third time I have seen someone being accused of trolling. Are this one of those shitty forums where people call someone a troll every time they say something they don't agree with?
    Not really, you have to be genuinely trolling - I doubt that people knew about that you refer to anime as Chinese cartoons sarcastically, so they took it at face value. Shrug it off, it's alright.
  • I would assume people would "get it" considering I am in a forum about a podcast that talks about anime and also mentioned I make AMV's.
  • Hello everyone! I'm the Matt that sat with a bunch of you guys at PAX East in the tabletop gaming area, played some awesome Spot It, or whatever that game was called, 'n had to leave when the T&E started.
  • Hi everyone, I'm Andy. I'm 26 years old, software engineer by day, and I live in the suburbs of San Francisco (Silicon Valley). My current gaming tastes are tending more toward table-top. I do enjoy the video games, but mostly as a way of keeping up with friends in far-off lands. I have a running D&D campaign with some college friends which we play out over Skype. I'm also interested in table-top strategy games (I got my start in Warhammer 40k, but got tired of giving Games Workshop more money whenever they decided to 're-balance' the rules). I love reading rulebooks and comparing different systems. I have a big interest in plying my software skills to make these kinds of games easier to play.
  • I would assume people would "get it" considering I am in a forum about a podcast that talks about anime and also mentioned I make AMV's.
    I guess I'm the only one who actually recognized and appreciated it as a joke. I think the fact that it came right after you claiming to be an illegal immigrant is what made some people skeptical.
    Don't mind them. They're touchy lately, and the last actual troll we banned said similar things. Take no offense: I trust that you're legit. ;^)
  • Alright, I guess I am being a bit of a sensitive pussy about it and stealing the thunder from Matt and Andy above. Forget not many people outwardly state their illegal immigration status on the internet.

but that ain't no joke
  • Alright, I guess I am being a bit of a sensitive pussy about it and stealing the thunder from Matt and Andy above. Forget not many people outwardly state their illegal immigration status on the internet.

but that ain't no joke
    No Harm, No foul. Welcome to the forum.
  • Hello everyone! I'm the Matt that sat with a bunch of you guys at PAX East in the tabletop gaming area, played some awesome Spot It, or whatever that game was called, 'n had to leave when the T&E; started.
    Hi everyone, I'm Andy. I'm 26 years old, software engineer by day, and I live in the suburbs of San Francisco (Silicon Valley). My current gaming tastes are tending more toward table-top. I do enjoy the video games, but mostly as a way of keeping up with friends in far-off lands. I have a running D&D; campaign with some college friends which we play out over Skype. I'm also interested in table-top strategy games (I got my start in Warhammer 40k, but got tired of giving Games Workshop more money whenever they decided to 're-balance' the rules). I love reading rulebooks and comparing different systems. I have a big interest in plying my software skills to make these kinds of games easier to play.
    Welcome! It's always nice to see new faces. And a special welcome to you Sloth. We don't have many west coast fourmites. I live in L.A. myself.
  • Hello everyone! I'm the Matt that sat with a bunch of you guys at PAX East in the tabletop gaming area, played some awesome Spot It, or whatever that game was called, 'n had to leave when the T&E; started.
    I remember you, Matt. I was the girl with the shaggy haircut (or lack thereof), and you left just in time to watch me completely fail at Tigris and Euphrates. Welcome to the boards.
    There can be only one Matt!
    Nah, in all serious, welcome! These boards are pretty awesome, and I approve of anyone who also likes PAX. Stick around.
  • Hi all of you, Isaac here, been lurking for around for a month or two. Decided to jump in after the whole, my little pony madness. I'm from Singapore, currently a first year student of animation in a university. Been a huge animation nerd for most of my life, and my appetite seems to only have grown after my 21st birthday, which was recent. Not nearly as crazy a gaming dude as i want myself to be, but hey, we cant have everything in life. Where art is concerned i daresay im pretty good at it (i do commissions!), although like all arts, the practice never stops..
    Hope to have a cool time hanging out here on this forums.