This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I'm game, depending on if my Quatermass DVD comes Thursday or Friday.

Geofino: 4 5 3
    Günter: 3 4 3
    thane: 0 4 1
    Nine: 1 1 1
    Kate Monster: -1.532 ∅ nil
    Apsup: 2 5 -3
    Omnutia: 4 4 4
    Sonic: 4 ? 4
    jlawson70: 5/2 1 1
  • Totally cool!

ElJoe0: 4 3 1
  • Because both Friday and Saturday are so very goddamn close in score to when would be a good time to hold the upcoming geekchat, I can't decide just yet. It all depends on James Lawson's answer because if he says he can do it, then both Friday and Saturday will have Geekchats due to the fact that they both end up in an even tie. If he says he can't, then Saturday will be the day to do it.
  • Because both Friday and Saturday are so very goddamn close in score to when would be a good time to hold the upcoming geekchat, I can't decide just yet. It all depends on James Lawson's answer because if he says he can do it, then both Friday and Saturday will have Geekchats due to the fact that they both end up in an even tie. If he says he can't, then Saturday will be the day to do it.
    Man, I feel like Joe Lieberman in a crucial Senate vote. Put me down for Friday, the DVD came in the mail today.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Alright then! It's settled, tonight and tomorrow there will be a Geekchat. Now we it's time to decide when to actually start the chat. To all of you people out there who have not been a part of this before, I've found that on multiple occasions we have begun the chat on 7:00 PM EST. Is that good for everyone else, or is there someone who would rather it begin earlier or later?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I think we'll go long tonight as it'll probably be the last Geekchat until new-years so I'm probably going to start the Europe leg around 10pm UK time.
  • I think we'll go long tonight as it'll probably be the last Geekchat until new-years so I'm probably going to start the Europe leg around 10pm UK time.
    I agree. Let's do what we can to make this a great geekchat, and after all is said and done, I'll talk to you guys after the aughts end. That's what I'll miss, not being able to aught anymore.
  • Umm... so due to the fact that I'm almost ALWAYS online I'll participate in at least but its very likely that I'll join in the others too. If I'm not there, since I have most of you friend-ed on skype, please someone let me know its going on and I'll join.

me - 4 4 4
  • Right, I'm getting in on this...

ElJoe0: 4 3 1
    Robert: 4 5 4
  • I'll be on and off, I have to babysit a group of people I'm uniquely suited to babysit - A drunken irish metal/rock band. But I'll see what I can do.
  • Just as a fair warning, I suggest anyone who is participating tonight had better sign onto Skype right now. Geekchat will begin in about five minutes.
    Hope to see you all there!
  • edited December 2009
    I'm in, though I will not be doing much for the next hour or so.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    There seems to be a delay as some of the people who signed up for the chat either aren't on or are not ready just yet. Nevertheless, I will inform all interested parties on the forums when it will begin.

Geekchat is on!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Add Omnutia to your contacts and message me.
  • Geekchat has ended as of now.
  • Everyone saw me come online and scattered.
  • hi guys.... it seems geek chat did not go on as long as i thought it would and when we finished dinner and cleaning i found it was over...well I'm thinking of trying to starting another one tonight. I was actually looking forward to tonight. :( so if anyone wants to join i'll be bugging people who are online and checking up here too.

my skype is victoria91325. most of you have added me already but i figure i'll post it just in case.
  • I suspect attendance may be higher when a girl starts the chat. :)
  • So far we've got Matt aka Geofino, Mc_walker, Grey, and Omnutia online right now. i'm hosting so feel welcome to add or join.
  • edited December 2009
    It's at times like these I wish I had a mic, aside from the one built into my laptop.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • It's at times like these I wish I had a mic, aside from the one built into my laptop.
    Does it not work?
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    What time do any of you think is a good time to begin tonite's geekchat (according to EST)? 7:00, 7:30? Somebody gimme an idea here.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • It's at times like these I wish I had a mic, aside from the one built into my laptop.
    Does it not work?
    No, it's just an omnidirectional mic array, so if I used it you would all hear my roommates, their shitty music, and the other background noise in here.
  • What time do any of you think is a good time to begin tonite's geekchat (according to EST)? 7:00, 7:30? Somebody gimme an idea here.
    How about something like 11.30pm GMT.
  • Start it now??
  • Wait, are we starting?
  • Hi all, i wanted to apologize for not being able to really participate in the chat as i had planned and hoped to do. Seems like when ever i plan to do something online my plans get derailed. oh well. Had some fun at tonight's chat. Hope i'll be able to come online and be more active tomorrow night.
  • Hello! Well it seems quite a few of you are online and i don't know if a geekchat is currently going on but if its not i'm going to start one!

(I'm trying to be proactive.)
  • okay grey is hosting the geekchat. contact him.