This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• Geekchat has just begun. Anyone interested in joining, please send a skype im to "Geofino".
  • I'll be in the geekchat in about an hour or so, I got a headache like a fireworks display going off in my skull, so I'll let it pass, then get into it.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    I'll be in the geekchat in about an hour or so, I got a headache like a fireworks display going off in my skull, so I'll let it pass, then get into it.
    Arrgh...I hope this won't be another Geekchat that mostly consists of dead air. Well...the Geekchat has ended. I had hoped more people would join in, but oh well. Guess it was just done at the wrong time.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Dude, you keep wanting it to be in the middle of the week. I can't do geekchat for a while, anyway. I am way too busy with the apartment and work.
  • Yeah, I mean, I know it's vacation time for us college students, but a lot of people on this forum are past college and into the real world. People have JOBS.
  • Yeah, I mean, I know it's vacation time for us college students, but a lot of people on this forum are past college and into the real world. People have JOBS.
    Well not everyone can get a job, it's not as easy as you make it out to be. Trust me, I get sick of having so much free time while looking for jobs.
    Well not everyone can get a job, it's not as easy as you make it out to be. Trust me, I get sick of having so much free time while looking for jobs.
    He didn't make getting a job out to be easy. He simply pointed out that many forumites have them.
  • Trust me, I get sick of having so much free time while looking for jobs.
    If you have free time while looking for jobs, you're doing it wrong.
  • edited December 2009
    Trust me, I get sick of having so much free time while looking for jobs.
    Seriously, even if you have applied to all relevant jobs in your area you can look for more ads in smaller local papers/posted on bulletin boards/posted on specialty websites, call places that don't have ads up and get your resume on file in case they get an opening, contact employment agencies, work on skills/projects/portfolios/tutorials/websites, and do volunteer work to better your resume (and network for jobs).
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited December 2009
    Trust me, I get sick of having so much free time while looking for jobs.
    Seriously, even if you have applied to all relevant jobs in your area you can look for more ads in smaller local papers/posted on bulletin boards/posted on specialty websites, call places that don't have ads up and get your resume on file in case they get an opening, contact employment agencies, work on skills/projects/portfolios/tutorials/websites, and do volunteer work to better your resume (and network for jobs).
    Or if you have a useful skill, do what I did and start your own business. I've got two major skills, so I have two businesses; PC Paramedics and DJ Sonic Event Services. Business can get slow at times, but when I get a job the pay can range anywhere from $100-$700.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Anyone care to start up an unsocial for those of less celebratory bents?
  • edited January 2010
    I probably won't be able to participate in these for a week or so, not until I'm settled in my temporary residence here in the USA.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • A Geekchat has come up outta the blue. If anyone wants to join just call James Blunt and join in.
  • So, between the Haitian earthquake, moving the hands on the doomsday clock, finding out that I'm part of my hospital's group to review our mass casualty plan, and re-reading "Lucifer's Hammer" since I was 15, I have decided to host a geekchat.

Saturday, January 16th starting at 6:30pm CST, it will be a geekchat. The theme of the chat will be apocalypso now!
  • I'll try to be there.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    I'll join
    Post edited by Geo on
  • If I have time I'll join.
  • edited January 2010
    The theme of the chat for the first five seconds before we go vastly off topic and end up somewhere near the subject of female anatomy will be apocalypse now!
    Sounds great!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The theme of the chatfor the first five seconds before we go vastly off topic and end up somewhere near the subject of Russian female anatomywill be apocalypse now!
    Sounds great!
    FTFY.
  • Just so everyone knows, I wrote that just before going into this thread. I see a pattern emerging.
  • The theme of the chatfor the first five seconds before we go vastly off topic and end up somewhere near the subject ofRussianfemale anatomywill be apocalypse now!
    Sounds great!
    FTFY.
    We have that topic covered also...
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    jlawson70 has begun the Geekchat.The Geekchat has ended, but was very productive; and for the first time in memory actually had structure.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2010
    Someone has recently revived the Geekchat after quite a long time. If anyone wishes to join, open up Skype, look up a user by the name "monshogaku", and please come on in and have a good time.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Would anyone be interested in a revival of this time-honored tradition this coming Friday?
  • :P yay Geek chat!
  • Saturday, sure. Friday, maybe, but I'll be out until late.
  • I'll be on after work around 10:30 eastern.
  • I have some family stuff to do that night, so I won't be able to join in.