This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• MC_Walker is now hosting.
  • MC_Walker is now hosting.
    How many people are in?
  • Is it possible for someone in the Front Row Crew Forums Art Dept. to make a Geekchat logo? I feel that Geekchats have gotten to the point where they are a big part of the culture of the forums. Feel free to say if you think this is a dumb or unnecessary idea, as I personally think it would be pretty cool if an equally cool logo was made.
  • I personally prefer the collages of the random stuff talked about. If that's too much effort, a picture of a Russian stripper will do.
  • I personally prefer the collages of the random stuff talked about. If that's too much effort, a picture of a Russian stripper will do.
    Oh gawd no! No russian risque anything! What is so great about that anyway?
  • What is so great about that anyway?
    Russian
    Risque
    Think you sort of answered your own question, there.
  • I PUT TEN ARMIES ON 'GEEKDOM'.
  • So when are we going to have the next GeekChat? I think today could work but you know, people might have plans.
  • So when are we going to have the next GeekChat? I think today could work but you know, people might have plans.
    Maybe the period after X-mas, but before New Years?
  • Maybe the period after X-mas, but before New Years?
    This works for me.
  • I'm cool with that.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    I don't know about anyone else, but this is the template I'm going to be using whenever I want to host a Geekchat. It's for the consideration of new users who might stumble upon the thread. I hope they'll see this and hopefully they'll participate because I myself love talking to the forumites and I want to actually have conversations with all of you when time permits.

Who: I assume you (or you people) reading this post

What: Geekchat - Welcome to the Unsocial - Welcome All Members (Old and New), Come In and Participate

When: Sometime in the middle of Christmas Day and New Years Eve

Where: Through the magic of the Internet and VoIP

Why: Because it is fun, you get to actually talk to fellow forumites, and (for the most part) a good time can be had by all.

How: Download Skype by going to Skype's webpage, make an account, and find everyone's Skype Address by using IDShare. If you are interested, use the chart below, type your forum name, and use the numbers (on a scale of 1 to 5) to indicate how likely it is you can participate on that specific day. When a lot of people have used the graph, I (or whomever else is hosting the chat) will add each days' numbers up and pick the day which gets the highest amount. It is preferable for you to get your own headset mic (or built in one) to join in, but if you lack one you can use the chat feature to participate as well. Hope to see you there!

Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed

Geofino: 5 4 4 5 5
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed

Axel: 5 5 5 5 5
    Seriously, during the nights, I have basically nothing to do. So, if we had 1-3 Geekchats, I could probably attend all of them.
  • Sat Sun Mon Tues Wed

Axel: 5 5 5 5 5
    Apsup: 4 4 4 4 4

I basically don't have anything to do at any of those nights, but if the geekchat is too late I might priorice sleep over it.
  • I'm in. I might be drunk, but I'm in.
  • edited December 2009
    Geo: 5 4 4 5 5
    Axel: - - 5 - -
    Apsup: - - 4 - -
    Churba: - - 4+D - -
    Omu: - - 5 - -

I made it easier to decide the day depending on who's got preferential days.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Actually have to make one change...
    Geo: 5 4 4 5 5
    Axel: 5 5 0 5 5

Party with friends Monday night, so no Geekchat.
  • I need more people to sign up before I make a decision, so come on people could you give me some confirmation here please?
  • Geo: 5 4 4 5 5
    Axel: 5 5 0 5 5
    ElJoe0:- - - - 5
  • I'll be here tonight, but I make no guarantees about the future.
  • sonic & i have been roped into going to our uncles house. but we have our computers with us so we'll be on asap.
  • sonic: At least in text anyhow
  • Right, I'm up for at least a little while. Eh, why not. Damned if I know when I'll sleep, though, I'm heading into town with Om tomorrow.
  • Churba and i are starting a geekchat. Anyone wanna join?
  • Churba and i are starting a geekchat. Anyone wanna join?
    I do I do
  • weve got churba, matt, grey and myself. if u wanna join contact grey, hes hosting
  • I've decided to hold another Geekchat tonight since New Years is only two days from now. Anyone who has any interest of joining in, I'll be starting at 7:30 PM (EST) and anyone can come in from there.
  • Thats 4:30 PST
  • I've decided to hold another Geekchat tonight since New Years is only two days from now. Anyone who has any interest of joining in, I'll be starting at 7:30 PM (EST) and anyone can come in from there.
    I might come around 8:30-10-ish EST. We'll see.