This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• Welcome back, Matt!
  • So when does this next chat kick orf?
  • So when does this next chat kick off?
    When Russel's Teapot crosses the night sky over Arizona again.
  • GeekChats do not happen as normal chats, but are instead born as individual beings, their birth foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow across the sky over a mountain, and a new star in the heavens.
  • GeekChats do not happen as normal chats, but are instead born as individual beings, their birth foretold by a swallow, and heralded by the appearance of a double rainbow across the sky over a mountain, and a new star in the heavens.
    Or in plain English, if you want one then start one.

I will say that description seems to fit them pretty accurately from what I have seen though, haha.
    Or in plain English, if you want one then start one.

I will say that description seems to fit them pretty accurately from what I have seen though, haha.
    More than you possibly might realize...

• No one else in the flat tonight, probably have nothing to do. Anyone game for some GeekChatting?
  • Tonight? Probably. I need to spend some time remoted into work but can talk.
  • I got the time.
  • If it's really early I can spend little time with you guys, but I need to sleep, so I wont be with you all night this time.
  • My sleep schedule is ruined, so I'm pulling an all-nighter. Also, Triple J Top 100.
  • Yeah. Totally. I'll do it.
  • I normally have a screwy sleep schedule, but I had to get up really early today, because I expected some guys to come and work on my kitchen... but they didn't turn up. Let's just see how long I can stay up for...
  • I'm normally asleep by 11 EST. What time do we want to kick this off? I gotta do things like eat too.
  • I'm normally asleep by 11 EST. What time do we want to kick this off? I gotta do things like eat too.
    Seconded. I'd also like know about a tentative starting time?
  • 5pm EST sounds alright.
  • Yet another victory for WolframAlpha I asked it what 5pm est is and it straight away told me that it's midnight. Which sounds good time for me.
    Sweet, I can finally hang out with the cool guys, I feel like Señor Chang...

Wait, wait, wait. You thought that this is for hanging out with the Cool Guys? You might be disappointed.

Wait, wait, wait. You thought that this is for hanging out with the Cool Guys? You might be disappointed.

Yeah man, Breakfast Club's where you'll find the cool folk.

Or maybe just Joe Boomer's mad freestylin'. It's all fair game.

Yeah man, Breakfast Club's where you'll find the cool folk.
    Speaking of which, when are these Breakfast Club chats held? Are they ever announced on the forums or are they spur-of-the-moment?

• edited January 2012
    Speaking of which, when are these Breakfast Club chats held? Are they ever announced on the forums or are they spur-of-the-moment?
    They've been going on for a good few years now, on a daily basis. It's a constant, rolling chat. It's not like the Geekchats, there are no announcements, no broadcast invitations. Just Six people, as it stands currently, who chat constantly and often play games together. This is the largest it's ever been, too - the originals number only four, Grey, Nine, Gunter, and myself.
    Post edited by Churba on
    I'll be there. I might be washing up at the time though.

• edited January 2012
    Speaking of which, when are these Breakfast Club chats held? Are they ever announced on the forums or are they spur-of-the-moment
    They chat is not "held" it holds. The GeekNights forums "hold" a GeekChat. The Front Row Crew Forum Breakfast Club chat holds our small social group.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • edited January 2012
    Speaking of which, when are these Breakfast Club chats held? Are they ever announced on the forums or are they spur-of-the-moment
    They chat is not "held" it holds. The GeekNights forums "hold" a GeekChat. The Front Row Crew Forum Breakfast Club chat holds our small social group.
    Like a chamberpot holds...you get the idea.

Really, it's just the nickname for our insane little social group, that started being called that after a long four-person chat was likened to the breakfast club, and we figured out who was who. Gunter was Ally Sheedy.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Speaking of which, when are these Breakfast Club chats held? Are they ever announced on the forums or are they spur-of-the-moment
    Like a chamberpot holds...you get the idea.

Really, it's just the nickname for our insane little social group, that started being called that after a long four-person chat was likened to the breakfast club, and we figured out who was who. Gunter was Ally Sheedy.
    Who was Judd Hirsch?

• I think of this forum as the where all the cool kids hang out. :)
  • edited January 2012
    Who was Judd Hirsch?
    Judd Hirsch wasn't in The Breakfast Club, either the movie or the long-term chat.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Who was Judd Hirsch?
    Judd Hirsch wasn't in The Breakfast Club, either the movie or the long-term chat.

That was a typo. It was actually Judd Nelson.