This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• I remember Viga talking about ghetto names, here are some from CR (taken from a newspaper article) the order is last name, 2nd last name, name, 2nd name (when available):

Calderon Rodriguez ROCKY Manuel
    Dailey Mairena SHAKEEL ONEIL
    Fonseca Sanchez NIKE
    Solano Zuñiga EINSTEIN Eduardo
    Benwell Bennett DAVINCY Ernesto
    Senn Ramirez PASCAL
    Alvarado Gonzalez DARWING Francisco
    Brenes Segura RINGO Antonio
    Bolaños Sosa STING Andres
    Hernandez Duran HAMMER Enrique
    Oviedo Molina Max JAGGER
    Forrester Gonzales JIM MORRISON
    Gutierrez Menocal HENDRIX DE LOS ANGELES (Hendrix of the Angels)
    Araya Montero GEORGE MICHAEL
    Rodas Castro ELVIS PRESLEY
    Aguero Diaz AXEL
    Cruz Pasos SLASH Jose
    Fallas Carrillo MAVERICK
    Solano Acuña GUILLIGAN
    Hernandez Jackson BRUCELEE
    Sanchez Vargas RAMBO Emmanuell
    Ortega Rojas ALIEN Gerardo
    Acuña Campos MACGIVER
    Nuñez Vargas CISCO RIDER
    Gomez Ruiz EXCEL
    Cordero Salguer JOHN KENNEDY
    Aviles Mora STALIN LENIN
    Lopez Lopez HONEYBEE Carolina
    Guzman Mora Angel HOMOBONO
    Vis Hepkema TACO
    Arauz Taisigue MAC JUNIOR
    Martinez Lopez GAY Alexander
    Cornwall Mitchell GLANDE(as in glans) Wilfredo

And those are just a few...
  • I forgot that Otakon is next weekend. I'll be in Baltimore next Thurs.
  • I forgot that Otakon is next weekend. I'll be in Baltimore next Thurs.
    Cremlian, Mr. and Mrs. MacRoss, UglyFred, Gomidog, and I will all be in Baltimore on Thursday as well with the rest of the FRC. Several (but not all) will follow for the Week of Awesome on the Jersey shore.
  • good luck to all
  • How soon should we expect the MP3, roughly?

I'm a complete noob with Audio production, so I don't really know what's got to go on or how long that sort of thing takes.
  • edited August 2008
    I got a MASSIVE file from yesterday, So I'll be setting Audacity to encode it into a more usable format overnight. Once that's done, it's just be a matter of cleaning it up a bit and tacking on the opener and closing song. Should be up by Wednesday. It would be up sooner, but I've got some more packing to do.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited August 2008
    Awesome, I'm looking forward to it with great anticipation. You're a legend, doing all this.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • When's the next one?
  • I think they happen every thursday, 8:30 EST - though, we might start the next one earlier.
  • Someone should make a twitter to keep us posted or somthing, or even a dedicated blog.
  • http://twitter.com/Geekchat

Password is "Scrymfans"
    Bets on how long that twitter will exist free of garbage? You can bet on 5 minute periods, who gets closest wins.
  • http://twitter.com/Geekchat

Password is "Scrymfans"
    Wait... You created a twitter account and posted the password in a publicly visible forum? What are you thinking? You obviously don't understand Twitter, and it's questionable if you understand we applications at all.
  • What are you thinking?
    I Wasn't, There is no excuse, and now I feel like a right ass. It's free of trash, But I'm changing the password right away, immediately before a bout of kicking myself for such stupidity. Thank you for pointing this out to me.
  • [B]efore a bout of kicking myself for such stupidity.
    O.o
  • edited August 2008
    Figuratively, Not literally.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You should have sent it to Viga or me (not myself) via email or at least a whisper post. Nice move.
  • How dare you compromise the sacred purity that is a Twitter© account!?
  • edited August 2008
    Post edited out, I was just being a grumpy bastard. Ignore me.
    Post edited by Churba on
    edited August 2008
    Figuratively, Not literally.
    Butbutbut... you destroyed my business opportunity of running a very shady barely legal if at all legal operation in the middle of a forum! And you are still going to figuratively kick my ass! D: Do you mind if I think you are scary?
    Post edited by ... on
  • In order - Odd, No I won't, and I suppose you can think I'm scary if you want, but I'm a big teddybear these days. For the most part.
  • edited August 2008
    Viga, I'm currently editing the last geekchat and, good god, is it hard to make everyones voice level. You overpower everyone!
    For the love of FSM use THIS! Use the kernel mode driver set everything up as so:

Mic: Total Recorder

Windows Default Audio:
    Speakers: Total recorder
    Mic: Total Recorder

Total Recorder:
    Options>Recording Source and Parameters>Radio button:Software>Advanced...
    Checkbox:Record also input stream
    Put each speaker to a different channel

Options>Settings...>Driver
    Radio button: Kernel Mode Audio Driver

Audio Playback and Recording Devices
    Playback: Your default soundcard
    Recording: Your Fancy mic's sound device.

Record the conversation with the Total Recorder software.

Please do that! That will put the skype on the right channel and your voice on the left. It will be much higher quality and the sound will easier to level. I'm sorry if that came off too ARGH! but it would really make my life easier when it comes to post production!
  • edited August 2008
    Hey, when Is tonight's show?
    Edit: How do I join? I'm new to Skype.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • Hey, when Is tonight's show?
    Edit: How do I join? I'm new to Skype.
    I see you did not get the notice/clue. Most of the people who would otherwise try to join the GeekChat are at Otakon.
  • Sonic, you could just use Call Graph. Automates the whole thing and dumps it as an MP3.
  • I see you did not get the notice/clue. Most of the people who would otherwise try to join the GeekChat are at Otakon.
    There was a notice?
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, I was unaware of such a notice.
  • It was mentioned in the Recording, I think, but mostly its a pair of posts at the top of the page.
  • The GeekTalk blog is now up. Now people can subscribe to GeekTalk and have the episodes download automatically using their favorite podcatcher.