This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Saw the first episode of Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne. Story is about a teenager that is chosen by secret organization to pilot a special mecha and save the world. The main setting takes place on a tropical island. The chosen mecha pilot is Madoka. There is an alien girl Lan that recruits Madoka. Show doesn't waste anytime in getting Madoka into the pilot seat and fighting off her first alien invader. Opening song is catchy j-pop tune. Last but not least the show has a fair share of subtle and not so subtle fan-service scenes. By the end of the first episode you get to view the heroine in her swimsuit, her underpants, and a shower scene.
  • Good choice. I love Tokikake. What a great movie. I think it really captures the feeling of high school better than most other movies that take place in high school, at least for me personally. The stupid impulsive things teenagers do, the crushes, the awkwardness, and the easy camaraderie between friends all really give the movie a nostalgic feeling.
    These are many of the same reasons that I really like the movie as well. Query, I am curious about what your thoughts are concerning where the story goes during the third act, Emily? From what I've seen both amongst my friends who are into anime and in a lot of discussions about it on the internet, it seems to be a point of contention amongst those separate parties.

• edited January 2012
    I wanna see the Pirate show.

To not put spoilers, I liked the bittersweet nature of it. I have not so much problem with the ending.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited January 2012
    Bleh, accidental post. Ignore me.

(this is why we should be able to delete comments)
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Watching Natsume Yuujinchou per my friend's recommendation. I like the feel of it. Quite becalming, but at times humorous.
  • I wanna see the Pirate show.

To not put spoilers, I liked the bittersweet nature of it. I have not so much problem with the ending.
    Me too.

• Watched episode 1 & 2 of Mouretsu Pirates. The show is taking it's time on the whole space pirates in space bit. Heroine hasn't immediately decided on being a space pirate either. But I'm hooked so far.
  • I like that it's doing that. While I'm certain just throwing the heroine into the deep end would have been entertaining, this way is making it more enjoyable, imho.
  • GUYS.

REDLINE COMES OUT IN THE STATES TOMORROW(technically today as of right now).

BUY IT.
  • GUYS.

BUY IT.
    I SO TOTALLY AM.

• Watching Crusher Joe.
  • GUYS.

BUY IT.
    What a coincidence, I get paid tomorrow. Hello sweet sweet Redline on bluray.

• Watching Crusher Joe.
    Is it Ultimate Weapon Ash?
    Because, that one has a hilarious scene in the middle for all the wrong reasons :P
  • I forgot how awesome Getter Robo is, I should be punch in the face for that :S

Seriously guys, is freaking awesome!
  • edited January 2012
    Watching Yakitate Japan. That anime is worth watching for the reaction shots over all the delicious bread alone. Umeeeeeeehhhhhh.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Watching Yakitate Japan. That anime is worth watching for the reaction shots over all the delicious bread alone. Umeeeeeeehhhhhh.
    Yeah, that show is genuinely hilarious. Probably the only really long-running anime I stuck with for over 60 episodes.

• Watching Yakitate Japan. That anime is worth watching for the reaction shots over all the delicious bread alone. Umeeeeeeehhhhhh.
    Yeah, that show is genuinely hilarious. Probably the only really long-running anime I stuck with for over 60 episodes.
    I remember really liking that too. The biggest complaint I have about it, is that it is full of pun based jokes and the fansubbers used huge boxes of text to explain them all. But that's the problem of humor that is untranslatable.

• Almost done downloading Touch, so looking forward to this weekend.
  • Almost done downloading Touch, so looking forward to this weekend.
    The baseball show?
  • Yup. 101 episodes of Mitsuru Adachi baseball anime. It shall be glorious.
  • Yup. 101 episodes of Mitsuru Adachi romantic comedy anime with baseball as a plot device. It shall be glorious.
    FTFY

• Guy question about Tokitake: when low on jump power why not just go back, refill then return?
  • Watching Guilty Crown. The "science" is so bad it takes me out of it all the time. I just have to keep remembering that it's just "magic" in this setting. Even then, things like "only 17 year olds have magical powers" break my suspension of disbelief over and over again.
  • One of the characters just said she wouldn't waste a "milibyte" on this memory...

Am I crazy, or is that a completely nonsensical term?
  • Guy question about Tokitake: when low on jump power why not just go back, refill then return?
    As far as I could tell, she could only go back, not forward. Thus, she could keep going back to the beginning until she did not waste any jumps on foolish things, but would still eventually run out of jumps.
    Why is that a guy question?
  • One of the characters just said she wouldn't waste a "milibyte" on this memory...

Am I crazy, or is that a completely nonsensical term?
    It's nonsense. I dropped that show and the nonsense is one of the reasons for me doing so.
    As far as I could tell, she could only go back, not forward. Thus, she could keep going back to the beginning until she did not waste any jumps on foolish things, but would still eventually run out of jumps.
    What about "him"?

What about "him"?

• No, I see what you are saying. Hmm. Good question.
  • Best use of time travel usage in that film was the karaoke scene.