This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Yup, he indeed did. Which is really bizarre if you think about it. I guess whatever pays the bills. Good to see he found his true calling.
    Whoa. I am almost curious to read that, just because it is Azuma.
  • edited December 2011
    Some commie put English words at the bottom.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Just watched Lost Children Who Seek Bellows Deep Voices. I expected romance drama in the key of cherry blossoms and empty landscapes. I was pleasantly surprised. Shinkai is showing that he can direct more than just that one movie he made three times. I liked that there wasn't really an antagonist, every character did things to help and impeded Asuna, and they had good reasons to. While they said that man had gone in and ruined the place -- which is a cliche I've grown tired of -- that wasn't the conflict. The conflict was good people being discriminated against because of that, and whether or not it is moral to bring back the dead. Also, was I the only one who teared up when
    Mimi died?
  • No, you were not. I was sad too.
  • Just found out that the publisher who brought out Eden of the East and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 in my region has also picked up Madoka, which will be bought as soon as available. My only problem is that they decided to go with a single-volume release schedule for the series, while they had box sets for EotE and TM8.0 from the get go.

The same company has is also releasing Welcome to the Space Show and Arrietty the Borrower which I might pick up soon. They also have some series like Canaan or Angel Beats out, which are series I kinda liked when they came out on fansubs, but aren't really worth the money they're asking for.
  • edited December 2011
    I need an animoo to watch.
    This Nichijou seems like my kind of show. I'm gonna watch it soon.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Started watching the 2nd season of Kaiji. All I can say is "Sit the fuck down. You're dealing again."
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo, is the second season of Kaiji all released now? I gotta get on that.

After I finish rewatching Utena.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I should at some point finally watch the last episode of the second season of Kaiji.
  • Ok, guys. I need some good horror anime to show my friends. Go!
  • Mononoke's a good one - it's a bit light on the horror aspect, but it's very well-made and plays the mysteries behind the demons involved up very well. Remember, it's just "Mononoke", not Princess Mononoke.

I hope you weren't looking for shows with official releases outside Japan.
  • edited December 2011
    Requiem from the Darkness is good and eerie. It's mostly retellings of old Japanese stories with mononoke up in. Only thing that might be off putting is the art. It's rather unique and pretty hit or miss. AWO's got a bunch of pictures from their review.

Aoi Bungaku is straight up animated version of old Japanese tales that are really horrory.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Just found out there is a german release of Animation Runner Kuromi. Instantly ordered.
  • Oh, I noticed Right stuff is selling "Now and Then, Here and there" for something around 5 bucks. Totally worth it. One of the best depressing anime ever!
    image says hi.
  • I'm getting close to the end of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. After that it will probably be Wolverine time. I was also going to watch the original Gundam at some point, but I might just watch the movies instead of the series, saves some time.
  • This was a bit ago, but last thing I finished watching was Princess Tutu. It was pretty good, but it took a long while for me to get into it (I didn't really start liking it until the last 8 episodes or so). I feel like I didn't like it as much as everyone else who recommended it did, including people on this forum.
  • Oh look, my image was blocked at the lest second. Good thing I can't go back and edit that mistake.
  • Oh look, my image was blocked at the lest second. Good thing I can't go back and edit that mistake.
    Oh look at you not using imgur.com and not properly proof-reading and double-checking your posts. Now a mark of shame will forever remind us of your failure rather than you being able to pull some cover-up operation to hide your crimes against the Internet.
  • The back story episodes of Sket Dance have been amazing!
    Oh look at you not using imgur.com and not properly proof-reading and double-checking your posts. Now a mark of shame will forever remind us of your failure rather than you being able to pull some cover-up operation to hide your crimes against the Internet.
    The Internet. Serious Business.

The Internet. Serious Business.

Oh yiss.
  • edited December 2011
    You can't tell me I've watched every A anime in existence.
    Sure I can. It just depends on what you define as "A anime", something which you haven't really done in any capacity. You realize that doing so would help people trying to be nice to you and give you suggestions.

Now the peculiar thing is, you asked for animoo, not A-level quality anime. You do realize that 'animoo' is generally considered to be bad anime, right? Who am I kidding, surely someone as zealous about grammar, spelling and vocabulary as you, Apreche, would know the difference between 'anime', 'animu' and 'animoo'...
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • After finishing Kaiji, I've now started watching Michiko e Hatchin. That show is very cool and has a ton of style, and it's rather rare to see an anime that is set in latin america (okay, a surrogate for latin america) or features a Latina as a heroine.

However, unfortunately the first DVD I bought of the series as a problem. It skips the 2nd half of the 3rd episode due to a chapter bookmarking error on the DVD. Currently trying to get a replacement from the german distributor.
  • I just finished going through all of Monster. I had never followed anime very much prior to that - the only show I've ever watched all the way through was Fushigi Yuugi - but I was totally hooked from beginning to end.
  • The back story episodes of Sket Dance have been amazing!
    They have. I also find it really funny that Himeko used to look like Tomo from Azumanga Daioh.
  • I'm dubious onl
    I just finished going through all of Monster. I had never followed anime very much prior to that - the only show I've ever watched all the way through was Fushigi Yuugi - but I was totally hooked from beginning to end.
    If you liked Fushigi Yugi, try either Slayers or Escaflowne next. ^_~

• If he likes Fushigi Yugi in regards to the drama happening, Mai Hime wouldn't be bad either.

However, I 100% agree with Rym. Those are excellent suggestions. :P
  • I think I liked Fushigi Yuugi because of the RPG-style adventuring party with the varied cast of characters with unique powers and abilities.

I do have Trigun and Cowboy Bebop in the queue, but it seems I will have to begin to expand my horizons a bit more too.
  • I think I liked Fushigi Yuugi because of the RPG-style adventuring party with the varied cast of characters with unique powers and abilities.
    Ok, then you need to watch Slayers seasons 1-3. However season 2, Slayers Next, is the best one. It's a comedy silly anime and not nearly as serious or dramatic as Fushigi Yugi.

Ok, then you need to watch Slayers seasons 1-3. However season 2, Slayers Next, is the best one. It's a comedy silly anime and not nearly as serious or dramatic as Fushigi Yugi.

It bears repeating.