This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Probaly nothing if they deem any animated story as not worthy of their time.
  • Toy Story?
  • Apparently the answer was Golgo 13. He wanted me to show him anime (he knows I go to cons and stuff, so he figured I would know what a good intro was) so I saw Golgo and thought "This was made for his demographic, let's see if he'll like this." He's a gun nerd, so I was expecting him to laugh it off, but he actually liked it.
  • Good. Converted!
  • First 4 episodes of Utena: Really great!

First episode of The Tatami Galaxy: Really great! But really hard to read those subtitles and pay attention to the visuals! But still!
  • Oh, I also watched Cat Soup, and

you should just click 'Play' if you haven't seen it.

Then I watched the show that it was based on, since each episode is only, like, two minutes long. You should not watch that.
  • I am forever scarred from that movie. I remember watching it so many years ago. Never again.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2012
    Is anyone else watching Sword Art Online? I'm personally really enjoying it.
    I tried watching it. I got through about 4 episodes (which is, personally, how many episodes I usually watch to test a series out). It didn't really grab me all that much so I stopped watching. I'm very neutral towards it.
    First 4 episodes of Utena: Really great!
    Oh you just wait son, after the first 13 episodes or so; you'll feel like a train came and hit you with all the psychedelic imagery and the intricately abstract visual metaphors that will present itself to you.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I need to watch a crappy cheesy old anime. Do I go with watching G Gundam illegally and dealing with ads and pop-ups and shit, or do I watch the second season of Initial D on Netflix?
  • Why would you have to deal with ads and pop-ups to watch something on Youtube?
  • It's not on Youtube.
  • edited August 2012
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Everything is on youtube, usually broken up into 10 parts per episode, but there.

I caught up on Eureka Seven AO. Lots of time travellin' Back to the Future style.
  • Lodoss Wars is a pretty neat old Anime. It's the one that actually pulled me into it, even though I only ever saw the first three episodes originally.
  • 70s Getter Robo anime isn't nearly as fueled by manly passion as the 90s OAVs.
  • Lodoss Wars is a pretty neat old Anime. It's the one that actually pulled me into it, even though I only ever saw the first three episodes originally.
    I haven't seen Record of Lodoss War in ages, not since I last saw it on VHS. So many fond memories of that. I wonder how well it holds up.

A very long time ago my DM talked about that legendary anime, and years later, after a long quest, I finally watched it. I love this one, it was like watching a d&d campaign made into anime, with all the epic moments that implies.

It maybe because I watched the OVAs first, but I really couldn't get into the TV series, even so, according to the authors, that is the story as they wanted it to be told.
  • Same here I really enjoyed the Lodoss OVA but lost interest in the TV series and never finished it.
  • it was like watching a d&d campaign made into anime, with all the epic moments that implies.
    That's because it was a D&D campaign made into an anime. ;^)

• GeoGeo
    edited August 2012
    Well, the Fall 2012 Anime Schedule has come in.

http://i.minus.com/i9VnqrnACrdCE.jpg

Why don't we list what shows/movies/oavs look interesting to us and why we want to see them? That way we can compare and contrast our expectations with our actual opinion once it get released.

I've got quite a few things on my list for the upcoming season.

•ROBOTICS;NOTES - I'll definitely be giving this one a shot because it's a noitaminA show and the premise sounds interesting.

•PSYCHO-PASS - The only other noitaminA show on the list.

•Zetsuen no Tempest - This sounds like a really good show and I'm very excited for this.

•CODE:BREAKER - The plot sounds intriguing and I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'll end liking or not.

•Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation - Yes please! Finally they will adapt the show in its intended order starting with Part I. I predict that this one will possibly be the most popular show of the lot.

•Litchi*Hikari Club - This one sounds really, really interesting and I think it might turn out well.

•Gen Urobichi show - He wrote Madoka Magica. What more needs to be said?

•Shin Sekai Yori - This is the show I am the MOST excited for out of all of them. This sounds like it'll be awesome. I've got very high hopes for this one.

•Usogui - I'm always a fan of gambling manga/anime (with the exception of gross Akagi) so I'll be there.

•Asura - This movie is quote (via myanimelist) "an unrelentingly dark drama that follows the struggles of a young boy who did whatever it took to survive during a time of war and famine in medieval Japan" unquote. I tend to go for the super dark stuff and I'm really fascinated in how this movie will be.

•Yamato 2199 - Yes please!

•Evangelion 3.0 - Yes please!

•009 Re:Cyborg - I'm always down with any iteration of Cyborg 009, so I'll be seeing this one.

Post edited by Geo on
  • I'm gonna wait for Madoka Movie 3. The first two are just recaps.
  • Basically just Robotics;Notes. I probably won't watch that either. Usually too busy to keep up with teh animus.
  • I'm gonna wait for Madoka Movie 3. The first two are just recaps.
    Oh I didn't know that. Removed from my list.

• Wait, one of these at a reasonable size, not tiny and with unreadable text? Sweet!
  • I'm going to watch one episode of Girl und Panzer entirely for the lulz. There is no possibility it will be good, but I will sacrifice 22 minutes to experience that train (tank?) wreck first hand.
  • There's 2 Madoka movies already?

Right now I'm basically staring at my Hulu queue, filled with the usual stuff I follow. Then I eventually just go straight to Netflix or Crunchyroll for anime.
  • Well, the Fall 2012 Anime Schedule has come in.

http://i.minus.com/i9VnqrnACrdCE.jpg

Why don't we list what shows/movies/oavs look interesting to us and why we want to see them? That way we can compare and contrast our expectations with our actual opinion once it get released.

I've got quite a few things on my list for the upcoming season.

•ROBOTICS;NOTES - I'll definitely be giving this one a shot because it's a noitaminA show and the premise sounds interesting.

•PSYCHO-PASS - The only other noitaminA show on the list.

•Zetsuen no Tempest - This sounds like a really good show and I'm very excited for this.

•CODE:BREAKER - The plot sounds intriguing and I'll give it a shot. I'm not sure if I'll end liking or not.

•Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation - Yes please! Finally they will adapt the show in its intended order starting with Part I. I predict that this one will possibly be the most popular show of the lot.

•Litchi*Hikari Club - This one sounds really, really interesting and I think it might turn out well.

•Gen Urobichi show - He wrote Madoka Magica. What more needs to be said?

•Shin Sekai Yori - This is the show I am the MOST excited for out of all of them. This sounds like it'll be awesome. I've got very high hopes for this one.

•Usogui - I'm always a fan of gambling manga/anime (with the exception of gross Akagi) so I'll be there.

•Asura - This movie is quote (via myanimelist) "an unrelentingly dark drama that follows the struggles of a young boy who did whatever it took to survive during a time of war and famine in medieval Japan" unquote. I tend to go for the super dark stuff and I'm really fascinated in how this movie will be.

•Yamato 2199 - Yes please!

•Evangelion 3.0 - Yes please!

•009 Re:Cyborg - I'm always down with any iteration of Cyborg 009, so I'll be seeing this one.

Basically, I'm watching almost all of these. I'm interested in how K will be.
  • edited August 2012
    Magi might be alright. I usually like the 1001 Nights thing.
    I also liked the first episode of Kyousogiga, so I'll give that a look.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • I am super torn about Magi, because, on the one hand, 1001 Nights is my jam beyond jams. On the other hand, that promo image inspires the opposite of confidence.