This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, what does everyone here look like???

Comments

• edited June 2009
    The first is in Boston. The others was just me messing around. The last is me and my boyfriend.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I thought I'd share some photos. Looking at these lets me imagine myself as a super hero.

leaping
    landing

I'm running down the very steep side of the Dune de Pyla. Pola simply turned the camera so the slanted horizon looks horizontal.

• I'm running down the very steep side of the Dune de Pyla. Pola simply turned the camera so the slanted horizon looks horizontal.
    Those came out awesome! I love the way it plays with the sand that got thrown up behind you.
  • Those are great pics.
  • Why does the first picture remind me of Dinosaur Comics?
  • I'm wallpapering the first one. Great pic!
  • I thought I'd share some photos. Looking at these lets me imagine myself as a super hero.
    Fuck you would make an awesome superhero.
  • Fuck you would make an awesome superhero.
    I agree with this statement. "Badass" was one of the first words to come to mind when I saw these pictures.
  • This shows the real steepness of the hill:

Pola gets credit for the awesomeness of these photos. I've uploaded all the (good or mildly interesting) photos of our holiday so far over at Sosauce.com. This includes more images of me jumping and falling over. For some reason, as soon as the sun comes out, Pola and I can't help jumping and taking photos:

• The one with the rocks is awesome.
  • Jesus fucking christ, that's a steep hill. I'd probably kill myself running down that thing.
  • Jesus fucking christ, that's a steep hill. I'd probably kill myself running down that thing.
    A steep SOFT hill. I landed on my head and was fine (if a bit itchy afterward).
  • This shows the real steepness of the hill:
    Pola gets credit for the awesomeness of these photos. I've uploaded all the (good or mildly interesting) photos of our holiday so far over atSosauce.com. This includes more images of me jumping and falling over. For some reason, as soon as the sun comes out, Pola and I can't help jumping and taking photos:
    I can't decide if that second one is the most awesome platformer ever or a pic from a motivational poster. Probably both.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    This shows the real steepness of the hill:
    Pola gets credit for the awesomeness of these photos. I've uploaded all the (good or mildly interesting) photos of our holiday so far over atSosauce.com. This includes more images of me jumping and falling over. For some reason, as soon as the sun comes out, Pola and I can't help jumping and taking photos:
    I can't decide if that second one is the most awesome platformer ever or a pic from a motivational poster. Probably both.
    Luke, if you are able to make platformer games (doesn't have to be state-of-the-art) why don't you make one that is based on those places near your home, or wherever those pictures were taken?

EDIT: I have taken the liberty of taking this photo and turned it into exactly what you thought it looked like
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Me, disguised as a common tourist.
  • Looks like I've not posted here yet.
  • I can't decide if that second one is the most awesome platformer ever or a pic from a motivational poster. Probably both.
    Luke, if you are able to make platformer games (doesn't have to be state-of-the-art) why don't you make one that is based on those places near your home, or wherever those pictures were taken?

EDIT: I have taken the liberty of taking this photo and turned it into exactly what you thought it looked like
    Nice motivationalizing!

As I mentioned previously, these pictures were taken on my current holiday. We drove from Berlin (our home) through Germany, Belgium, France and Spain, and are now staying with friends in Lisbon. Making a platformer game doesn't really appeal to me. But you know what does appeal to me? Going to interesting places and jumping on/over/at things for real.
  • To those who are 'in the know'. I have taken the picture of the awesome and manly. Shall consider sneaking a copy of it on this laptop and thus on the wide internets.
  • This week, one of my oldest friends got married in Vegas. It was cool, because I got to see one of my oldest friends get married, and it sucked, because I had to go to Vegas. But I finally have a recent picture without resorting to holding-the-camera-at-arms-length. That's my girlfriend and me on either side of the happy couple. This is the only time in my entire life that I've worn a suit.
  • The Bride's hair is fantastic!
  • and it sucked, because I had to go to Vegas.
    Gambling sucks and all, but did you at least take advantage of your time there and go see the Penn & Teller show and Lance Burton's show? There are usually piles of good comedians there too.
  • Gambling sucks and all, but did you at least take advantage of your time there and go see the Penn & Teller show and Lance Burton's show? There are usually piles of good comedians there too.
    Nah -- I was barely there for a day, wouldn't have had time. Also, I know this is not entirely reasonable, but having grown up in the punk scene, I have a pretty strong aversion to paying more than about $20 for any kind of show.
  • Gambling sucks and all, but did you at least take advantage of your time there and go see the Penn & Teller show and Lance Burton's show? There are usually piles of good comedians there too.
    Nah -- I was barely there for a day, wouldn't have had time. Also, I know this is not entirely reasonable, but having grown up in the punk scene, I have a pretty strong aversion to paying more than about $20 for any kind of show.
    Growing up in the impoverished and cheap scene, I have a problem paying more than $20.00 for anything.
  • Growing up in the impoverished and cheap scene, I have a problem paying more than $20.00 for anything.
    Agreed. I still try to find t-shirts for under $10.
  • Growing up in the impoverished and cheap scene, I have a problem paying more than $20.00 for anything.
    Well, that too for me. Welfare, food stamps, government subsidized housing, the whole thing. But I think I'd be over that by now at least in regards to paying for shows, if it weren't for the fact that cheap shows in the punk scene are practically a holy sacrament. I still rock thrift-store clothes and curbside furniture almost exclusively.
    Well, that too for me. Welfare, food stamps, government subsidized housing, the whole thing. But I think I'd be over that by now at least in regards to paying for shows, if it weren't for the fact that cheap shows in the punk scene are practically a holy sacrament. I still rock thrift-store clothes and curbside furniture almost exclusively.
    Curbside furniture. All they need is a good scrub. Been there.

Unless it's a band I really REALLY like I'll pay more than 20 bucks for a show. I pay way less in the punk and indie scene. Sometimes the shows are better as well.

Also, Brandon, you look good! ^_~
  • edited August 2009
    I managed to find a picture I quite like; the expression described as "Happy, with a hint of scared." Anyway, it's me in the centre.
    This is alright too, myself and my two friends Helen and Sophie; left to right.
    Post edited by Farragar on
  • @Loz2907 - Man, those pictures remind me so much of high school!

@Viga -- thanks. :)
  • Totally self-serving vanity update.
    I'm in ur labz, keepin ur foodz safe.
  • I'm in ur labz, keepin ur foodz safe.
    Got enough pens?